Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

What is The Scorpio you ask? Well its only The World's Most Powerful Console.

Listen to what this Dick has to say about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3moBYaEYc

quote:

• 8 CPU cores, 320GB memory bandwidth per second
  • 12 Gigs of Aries
  • 6 teraflops of GPU
  • True 4K resolution
  • 60hz, uncompressed pixels
  • Holiday 2017
  • Designed to move the gaming industry into 4K gaming and high quality VR
  • Xbox One, S, and Scorpio are all fully compatible
  • All games and accessories work on all three (Until they don't)
  • ... Kinect-pio?

Please watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IRil_R5sEI

Then watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHjMF8d5yOA&t=137s

To sum up: 6 Teraflops. The We Heard You console. From Microsoft, you know, the makers of HoloLens.

Price you ask? Hopefully anything other than $599

Why is Microsoft stinging themselves in the rear end with more money plowed into the black hole of a custom APU for a new console when there are still unsold, brand new DAY ONE xbox ones on the shelves? Well, because they have corporate schizophrenia, but also, because they are willing to light shareholder money on fire that is better wasted on things like writing down the Nokia losses again. But don't take my word for it. Lets hear what Phil "Don Mattrick" Spencer has to say:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11890842/microsoft-xbox-project-scorpio-virtual-reality-e3-2016

quote:

It's unusual to announce a game console so early — Project Scorpio is still a codename, after all, and we don't even know what it will look like — and on the surface the reveal appears to be a response to Sony, which already has PlayStation VR launching this year and revealed last week that it was working on a similar upgrade to the PS4. And while that may be part of the reason, Spencer says that the early announcement was also made in an attempt to be more transparent with consumers.

"It's crazy to announce something this early," he admits. "But when I put myself in the shoes of our customer, I want to be able to make a choice on what console I want to buy with as much information as possible. We want to give you the information to make that decision. We also want to go talk to the developers that are out there today, that are building games for next holiday, and say here's what you're going to have at your disposal on the console side."

No specific release date has been revealed, but Project Scorpio is expected to launch sometime next fall.

For those with a mind to history, this is the original Microsoft business strategy of making a very early announcement of something in order to sow confusion and uncertainty in the market. This is how they attacked DR-DOS, GEM and anything that even smelled like a window manager back in the day. Good on you Satya.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i cant believe quality of pixels

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

abagofcheetos posted:

i cant believe quality of pixels

So shiny

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the quality of the pixels is so much higher than the pixels i have seen so far that i feel like i have had an epiphany thank you based microsoft

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The pixels will be in Rec.2020. :pcgaming:

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

These (uncompressed) Pixels Are Making Me Thirsty.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Oh god I had just escaped the MS schadenfreude thread and then they do this

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
What does Phil have on Satya that he's going to be allowed to release another xbox after the bone?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
i hope the pixels are non-GMO

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I am Hank Scorpio itt

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
finally, a console with the Right Pixels

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
No power brick?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

It might have the right pixels, but does it have the power of HDR and the Cloud?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
I heard they outsourced the crafting of the pixel to Artisan Pixel Crafters in Switzerland

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Finster Dexter posted:

No power brick?

The highest quality one EVER

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

guys we've gone beyond generations

so here's the next gen

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011
How much do I need to upgrade to run windows 10 with xbox live?

Need to know how to get the right ram

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This is what happens when XBOX div's butthurt over losing the console wars nicely dovetails with MS corporates wish to squeeze xbox loyalists for every penny.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THE QUALITY OF PIXELS IN THE XBOX SCORPIO!!!

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
This press conference was a gift.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

if the scorpion is really as powerful as they say it will be, it's basically a new console.

kinda crazy they just NXed the Xbox

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What is this thread about?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I have all the pixels, I have the best pixels, I know the best devs and the best gamers, they're all my friends. Sony is a mess. Sad!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

The new Xbox.

No, the other new Xbox.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

The 8th generation of consoles will be remembered as the one that got late-term aborted. Here's to the 9th generation of consoles.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

They just announced the successor to the xbox one, xbox scorpio

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bass Bottles posted:

if the scorpion is really as powerful as they say it will be, it's basically a new console.

kinda crazy they just NXed the Xbox

It's absolutely going to be a new console. They're desperate to kill the xbone but had to slog through like Nintendo did with the Wii U.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

FactsAreUseless posted:

they called the third xbox one the scorpio

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

The upgraded Xbox 1 rumour is real and announced today with the highest quality pixels.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, it's like the 4K PS4 they're doing. Someday I'll find out what 4K is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, it's like the 4K PS4 they're doing. Someday I'll find out what 4K is.

It's about 3800.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

there is no 4k ps4 for the next six hours let's enjoy this solace before every stupid piece of poo poo goon in the ps4 thread starts posting their upgrade strategy and or refusal to upgrade rant

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Widows 10is the killer app all the kids want to spend 600 usd on

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is a serious thread for the discussion of the post-generations generation of consoles and the SIX TERAFLOPS that will power it. And possibly some arthropod-related references.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

really surprised they straight-up said 4k gaming

that's... not actually possible, even if it costs $1000, right?

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Aphrodite posted:

The new Xbox.

No, the other new Xbox.

They called the second xbox revealed at E3 the Xbox Scorpio

Edit: drat it Hyperpuma.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

shadow puppet of a posted:

6 Teraflops.

The We Heard You console.

More to come in this OP as soon as I can light this pile of original Xboxes and XboxoneS'es on fire for heat.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11890842/microsoft-xbox-project-scorpio-virtual-reality-e3-2016

For those with a mind to history, this is the original Microsoft business strategy of making a very early announcement of something in order to sow confusion and uncertainty in the market. This is how they attacked DR-DOS, GEM and anything that even smelled like a window manager back in the day. Good on you Satya.

Hololens is the same thing. They knew Hololens at $2,000 would never take off as a consumer product, but they made big noise about HOLOLENS! AUGMENTED REALITY! in order to steal thunder from PSVR and stall until they had time to announce that they're also doing VR ... eventually :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bass Bottles posted:

The 360 rendered at 480 and upped to 720. The scorpio will do something similar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bass Bottles posted:

It's probably feasible that they can pull 4k/30 depending on the game but it's going to be a very expensive box to get there.

• Locked thread