Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Widows 10is the killer app all the kids want to spend 600 usd on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bass Bottles posted:

really surprised they straight-up said 4k gaming

that's... not actually possible, even if it costs $1000, right?

The 360 rendered at 480 and upped to 720. The scorpio will do something similar

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

what makes you think halo 6 wont come out next year

they just fired like half of 343i

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

what will the other 4.5 teraflops be doing while halo 5 runs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

best ethan post ever. gj ethan i'm proud and impressed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

can't believe the aries

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

impulse 7 effect posted:

I installed windows 7 and it seems ok because everything works but you never know.

Where are the spoilers for Sony?

sony didn't leave their e3 speech on the floor of a denny's bathroom or whatever ms has done

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

what was the language used on xb1 compatibility with scorpio games? i missed the show. it is as stringent as the Neo leak wording and house's statements have been?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

They haven't gone into the same level of detail but their vision is you buy a game digitally and play it on whatever you want.

but their games already have a white list for what they run on on the win10 store. will games post 2018 have scorpio on that list and not one the way current 3d card requiring games don't show surface?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

Nobody has addressed the 480p elephant in the room. Will I be able to watch The Price is Right with crushed blacks and crackling de-synchronized audio on the Xbox Scorpion or whatever?

only if you tether it to the xbox one

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Coolguye posted:

BUT DOES IT HAVE THE RIGHT KIND OF RAM

can they keep the compatibility close and easy without needing esram in the new model or are they stuck with that now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Love me some videogames

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bass Bottles posted:

What animal is associated with the Aries sign?

The great american power brick

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3moBYaEYc

12 GBs of the right ram lmao. feelings of inadequacy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DF speculates they are so scared they are buying into next next gen gpu chips but not actually pairing them with the tech they were designed to take advantage of to make like a frankenstein thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

yeah it's weird they think it's gddr5 rather than 5x or hbm2

thats what happens when you stupidly put a tear down of your unreleased console in its announce trailer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

I thought it was all just pre rendered 3D visuals.

true its a figment much like the actual console will be when occulus gets shut down next year after losing all its marketshare to htc and sony and the bone is unceremoniously put to pasture. but it begs the question, why render it to have 12 gbs of gddr5 if that's not the plan

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

shadow puppet of a posted:

its already got the wrong ram

:pray:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Carecat posted:

Five hundred and ninety nine us dollars

my bet is 549 but they allso have a 999 occulus bundle

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

There will be a bone trade in program that makes it $399

no gamer left behind. old bones will burn the word casual into the tv if they are still active 3 months after scorpio launch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:drat:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

dem BoneS dem BoneS

I feel so alone

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

Those people are going to buy scorpio when it price drops

i think you're overestimating the number of kids whose parents run scrap yards

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

phil spencer's foot gets amputated after becoming necrotic from heroin use and injection site infection

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

no gamer left behind. all will be raptured as host when the third xbox returns unto the father in heaven

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sony's mic drop this year was them saying "we don't talk about hardware with no games"
its true, they never once mentioned xbox

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

idk, I gotta admit I can't put my whole heart into the "lol your exclusives are gone" thing because who the hell is going to put up with even half of the WIN10/GFWL2.0 bullshit we hear about. It's more like a weird ploy to get people to buy a game, realize it's taking a vicious beating from their weirdo bear trap ecosystem and then deciding to say gently caress this I'll just spend 120 bucks on a used OG xbone and play it there.

Then you get the Bone and realize it's hosed too and hopefully you forget 2 years later and buy a Scorpio because you heard it's going to run that game with a solid framerate and you won't get made fun of for bad ram anymore.

windows 10 gaming might get better over the next 18 months ha. the xb1 will not

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bass Bottles posted:

Maybe "No Scorpio exclusives" is just a tacit admission that the Xbox family in general has no exclusives anymore

good work detective you've blown the case wide open.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

the ps4 'exclusive' list is still full of bullshit and/or bad games that I will never play. In fact sony has lost all its best exclusives. There was a long time when final fantasy and gta and metal gear solid were playstation exclusives, or do we have such short memories? The console war rages on, as a new xbox enters the ring. (bad analogy) If the bone can't kill m$, what can??

its already undead

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

When the scorpion detects its prey, it raises its tail into a stinging arch and quickly charges. Anything caught in the scorpions deadly embrace will be dead within minutes

playstation is an asian street food vendor selling grilled scorpion on a stick

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

#barretlied

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:siren: palmer lucky refused to confirm that scorpio will support occulus during the gb after show

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GB_Sign posted:

Did they question him on Oculus walking the E3 show floor trying to buy exclusives?

no but i bet desperation loves company between ms and occulus

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

eurogamer on price:
But there is an elephant in the room here: price. Microsoft's brief to AMD in producing this behemoth of a semi-custom design looks pretty obvious - to create the most powerful console possible. The GPU is more powerful and it's going to be larger, which means it's going to be more expensive to produce. Meanwhile, assuming we're right about the 4GB of additional memory, that's not going to be cheap either - when we attended AMD's Munich launch event for Fury X and the Radeon 300 series, we were told that adding an additional 4GB of GDDR5 to the R9 390/390X cost around them around $30 per unit. In short, we would not be surprised to see Scorpio cost significantly more than Neo - maybe even $100 more.

tldr: Scorpio will cost over 100 dollars more than neo just on ram alone before factoring in the Vega chip

phil spencer on no gamer left behind:
Game developers will be able to use Project Scorpio's 6 teraflops of GPU power in any way they wish, and won't be forced to hit a native 4K resolution, head of Xbox Phil Spencer suggested in a video posted earlier this week.
Speaking in the video (below), Spencer explained that Scorpio is a "6 teraflop gaming machine, which will be a great gaming machine for true 4K gaming, giving you a native 4K frame buffer so you can see games in all their beauty.
"Or," he continued, "if developers want to use those 6 teraflops in other ways they're free to do that."

tldr: scorpio will let devs do whatever they want. 4k isn't mandatory and scorpio only modes aren't off the table

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nioh had a choice between 60 fps or 1080p

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

So which is it? Scorpio is only for people who want 4K gaming or Scorpio will provide a better experience in 1080p?

both. neither.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StarkRavingMad posted:

VR is probably going to run like crap on the current box,

cert will be based on performance. sacrifices will likely be to visuals once they already hit the fps floor allowed so you'll be trapped in a impressionist painting but it will run smooth i guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Patter Song posted:

If you're going to do that, you might as well mention Superman 64, which had the option to toggle the resolution down to 20%. Given that it was in 320x240 anyway, 20% of that...

And it actually raised the framerate if you lowered the resolution. Truly ahead of its time.

they probably launched the debug version of the game instead of making a final version because everything was on fire at the studio

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

eric posted:

So with all first party Microsoft games going to PC to what's the point of scorpio?

For gamers who want top shelf pixels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lots of people are going to see a near 600$ console and consider a pc

• Locked thread