Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
What does Phil have on Satya that he's going to be allowed to release another xbox after the bone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THE QUALITY OF PIXELS IN THE XBOX SCORPIO!!!

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bass Bottles posted:

if the scorpion is really as powerful as they say it will be, it's basically a new console.

kinda crazy they just NXed the Xbox

It's absolutely going to be a new console. They're desperate to kill the xbone but had to slog through like Nintendo did with the Wii U.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Scorpio is another panic rush job from MS in response to how poorly the Xbone is selling. When released it's going to be overpriced and underwhelming.

Cojawfee posted:

Hopefully by the time this comes out, they will have blurred the line between Xbox and PC and I can just buy the games on my computer.

I don't understand why MS is releasing a new console when it's clear every game for Xbone will be available on Windows 10. Just release an update for Windows 10 that makes every PC and Xbox, kill the Xbone and call it a day.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3moBYaEYc

12 GBs of the right ram lmao. feelings of inadequacy

Rush job confirmed. They just want to distance themselves from the Xbone as fast as possible.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

right so tech specs via that are:
320GB/s memory bandwidth
6 Teraflops of GPU Power™
8 cpu cores

Promises:
4k gaming w/o scaling
holiday 2017

If it can do 4k gaming without scaling it's going to be like $800 at launch. They've already flubbed the scorpio and Sony is loving stupid if they release the PS5 before 2018.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

There will be a bone trade in program that makes it $399

I'm sure all the cheap skate American parent's that bought their kids an Xbone instead of a PS4 to save $70 will be lining up for this.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

shadow puppet of a posted:

Ah, commence foot-shooting as MS pulls back the reigns on a selling point that was choking off any interest in the S-bone.

Game Informer - Microsoft: 'There Wouldn't Be A Frame Rate Difference' Between Xbox One And Scorpio

MS needs a Phil Harrison-type to immediately refute this because how lovely is their vision of the future if everything is still hobbled to the level of a dismal device like the regular bone until they can finally kill dual-release software in 2019 (Hint: never because nobody will buy Scorpio thanks to the effects of the install-base network effect that harken back to a wonderfuil day in late may of 2013)

From the company that sold you a turd controller and called it elite and priced it like a Bentley's cupholder, I can other gather that something with actual expensive FLOPS hardware is going to cost $899 and be a return to the NeoGeo era of consoles exclusively for that rich poo poo in your class that lived in the 3 storey house backing onto the ravine.

Looks like VR is going to be huge if MS is worried enough to be downplaying the gently caress out of it in the internecine period where they dont want to feed Facebook's Oculus too much of their skin while at the same time not pissing of Satya's darling HoloLens group until they have their own VR pinkeye-vector ready to sell to you.

If Sony sees how the Scorpio reveal is going and decides "me too" with a PS4 Neo in 2017 they're stupid.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Instant Sunrise posted:

how will scorpio integrate with hololens though, that's the real question.

very carefuly

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

StarkRavingMad posted:

MS's story should be 100% "This is going to be the most powerful console, period" and not all this 4K garbage because right now 98% of people don't give a gently caress about 4K. Maybe two years from now 4K will be the standard but it's a super dumb message to be going with now.

It's going to be a long time before 4k is the standard. Broadcasters still mostly show over compressed 720p for their HD channels and ISPs are starting to institute caps because so many people are ditching traditional TV in favor of streaming.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
So with all first party Microsoft games going to PC to what's the point of scorpio?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

TheScott2K posted:

I think a lot of people really don't get how uninterested the general public is in buying new PCs at all. A lot of them do everything on their phones like idiots now.

Add consoles (other than the PS4) to that list of things they're uninterested in.

bloodysabbath posted:

What possible reason does MS have to do this dumb thing? The whole reason they got into games to begin with was to build a Trojan horse for a living room media box. They burned that all to the ground the day they announced their plans for Xbox One.

They've got a year and a half before the supposed release, they're struggling to come up with anything but Gears and Forza as it is. Halo saved this entire enterprise once upon a time, and now it's a shitshow that couldn't move copies, let alone systems.

They are going to shitcan this division before Scorpio sees the light of day. The only way they don't is if they really and truly are prepared to take another 10+ year bath on a gamble that VR might one day hit critical mass and so they want to have a Trojan horse ready for an easy, living room VR box just in case, and oh god they're really going to do that.

Which is why Sony is stupid for wanting to release the PS4 Neo or whatever when they see how bad the Scorpio reveal is already going. It's like your friend getting VD from the town bike then saying "me too!"

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lol no way this fuckin thing is ever released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Zaphod42 posted:

who is lol

There is no market for scorpio. The people that MS was planning on marketing scorpio to are already giving up on the bone and building/buying gaming PCs. The only people left are cheap parents that bought their kid a $199 bone this black friday because the ps4 was $299.

• Locked thread