Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I am Hank Scorpio itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
This is what happens when XBOX div's butthurt over losing the console wars nicely dovetails with MS corporates wish to squeeze xbox loyalists for every penny.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Little late on this but lets see how it goes

If this is the Scorpio, I'll take the Cancer.

HEY OHHH

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Real hurthling! posted:

can't believe the aries

lol gently caress, that was the joke we were looking for

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The real genius of that trailer is that for the next two years, every cross-plat game that arrives in classic Xbone condition can now be defended by saying "Oh well they must be targeting Scorpio specs, I'm sure it'll kick the PS4 versions rear end when you play it on that"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Holy smokes

Beta tested in the future

it's real

all of it

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah I don't think anyone familiar with the Xbox one is going to scoff at the idea of games operating at lower resolutions than other versions.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Instant Sunrise posted:

Microsoft cut the line about having the highest quality pixels from the official youtube video about the scorpion.

Guys, stop loving making fun of me I took it out of the video. And stop calling it the xbone that's NOT FUNNY. STOP IT NOW.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
dem BoneS dem BoneS

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Real hurthling! posted:

I feel so alone

Gonna end up a funny floor display of dem bones

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
*one of the greatest guitar solos of all time, but about the Bone S*

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Listen guys, we don't have a single exclusive of note anymore, we didn't have anything good to show at E3, we just told everyone to wait for the next xbox 2 years early, and when it arrives your sub 1080/60fps games with dynamic scaling are going to get even LESS attention.

But you aren't getting left behind.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
idk, I gotta admit I can't put my whole heart into the "lol your exclusives are gone" thing because who the hell is going to put up with even half of the WIN10/GFWL2.0 bullshit we hear about. It's more like a weird ploy to get people to buy a game, realize it's taking a vicious beating from their weirdo bear trap ecosystem and then deciding to say gently caress this I'll just spend 120 bucks on a used OG xbone and play it there.

Then you get the Bone and realize it's hosed too and hopefully you forget 2 years later and buy a Scorpio because you heard it's going to run that game with a solid framerate and you won't get made fun of for bad ram anymore.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Looking ahead to 2 years of Microsoft gaslighting anyone interested in Scorpio feels like the same feeling as looking ahead to 5 straight months of Donald Trump running for president, or a really really big buffet. I know there's a lot of fun coming, but there's real work to be done in order to prepare my mind and body to handle it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Real hurthling! posted:

phil spencer on no gamer left behind:
Game developers will be able to use Project Scorpio's 6 teraflops of GPU power in any way they wish, and won't be forced to hit a native 4K resolution, head of Xbox Phil Spencer suggested in a video posted earlier this week.
Speaking in the video (below), Spencer explained that Scorpio is a "6 teraflop gaming machine, which will be a great gaming machine for true 4K gaming, giving you a native 4K frame buffer so you can see games in all their beauty.
"Or," he continued, "if developers want to use those 6 teraflops in other ways they're free to do that."

tldr: scorpio will let devs do whatever they want. 4k isn't mandatory and scorpio only modes aren't off the table

Barely a day old and they're already making excuses for not hitting 4k with their 4k gaming machine.

Chairman Wao posted:

Little did you know that the Xbox One: The Third was just preparing you for this

Yeah, this thread is my "Ender finds out the game is real" moment. And idc if I spoiled that book for you, it sucks.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Time is a flat circle

Season 2 is not as bad as everyone said

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
True Detective. It's not as good as the first and might not actually be goooooood, but it''s underrated as gently caress due to the internet piling onto it and turning it into a joke. The plot is super pulpy and it's a shame that Pizza-a-lotto won't be able to take the lessons from S2 and try again. Unless it turns out the Cary Fukunaga was the real genius on that set and there's a strong chance he was.

Bass Bottles posted:

I didn't really like season 1 of True Detective tbh

The lead actors were really good but I didn't care about them solving the mystery, I could barely even follow it.

tl;dr - In flashbacks, two cops were on the trail of a ritualistic serial killer, followed the clues and found a nasty redneck killhouse where two kids were kidnapped and one was killed, one of the cops is so enraged he murders the suspect they have in custody and they both cover it up via a faked massive gunfight and declare the dead guy their serial killer, everyone celebrates them as cool heroes.

In the modern day they realize they only caught the dudes evil cousin or something and the real killer is still on the loose, due to their own cover up on the original case they have to take it upon themselves to find him.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 15, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm sorry.

Anyone have any decent Hank Scorpio memes yet?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

eric posted:

So with all first party Microsoft games going to PC to what's the point of scorpio?

Same as the xbone: whale trap anyone stupid enough to buy hardware from the company behind Zune, Surface, the RROD and Xbone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
And then hit the GFWL2.0 store, play a game in it, and then consider a 600 dollar console.

• Locked thread