Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I eats my spinach
Jan 16, 2005

'sup gordon

gigawhite posted:

Maybe there's no evidence because the CDC isn't even allowed to research gun violence thanks to congress? Nevermind that's crazy I'm sure it's just that guns are good

nah you're just retarded, literally anyone else can and does research whatever they want while the CDC themselves can still legitimately research gun violence so long as they don't misappropriate funds to gun control lobbyists like Kellermann so he could create blatant and sloppy propaganda pieces. you know, like they did a bunch in the 90s which is what earned them the ire of congress in the first place. here's the "ban" straight from the budget amendment: "None of the funds made available in this title may be used, in whole or in part, to advocate or promote gun control." They can and do still publish gun violence studies such as this or this so long as they're legit and unbiased, rather than a manipulative and obvious means to a political end by a guy who was taking CDC grant money while on the board of directors for the VPC

I eats my spinach fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hellooooo population problem

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

It's fun to ask people exactly what an assault weapon is.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Skeleton Ape posted:

An accurate, reliable, mag with more than 1, semi auto rifle.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Darth123123 posted:

:derp:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Darth123123 posted:

So an MP5 is not an assault weapon?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

why does america think that they are they only people who have to be like this with guns

the rest of the world isn't like you guys, maybe you are the wrong ones, you know? How could the rest of the world be wrong

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the rest of the world not intensely fetishizing mass murder with guns is just used as a reason why the us is #1.

also, the us is #1 USA USA USA USA.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Professor Awesome posted:

nah you're just retarded, literally anyone else can and does research whatever they want while the CDC themselves can still legitimately research gun violence so long as they don't misappropriate funds to gun control lobbyists like Kellermann so he could create blatant and sloppy propaganda pieces. you know, like they did a bunch in the 90s which is what earned them the ire of congress in the first place. here's the "ban" straight from the budget amendment: "None of the funds made available in this title may be used, in whole or in part, to advocate or promote gun control." They can and do still publish gun violence studies such as this or this so long as they're legit and unbiased, rather than a manipulative and obvious means to a political end by a guy who was taking CDC grant money while on the board of directors for the VPC

ah i didn't know about that last part

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

The entire rest of the world, yes

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Serious Frolicking posted:

the rest of the world not intensely fetishizing mass murder with guns is just used as a reason why the us is #1.

also, the us is #1 USA USA USA USA.

https://twitter.com/RedPillTweets/status/741456301771853824

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

lolol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

That's irl trolling

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

That's pretty, how much?

I eats my spinach
Jan 16, 2005

'sup gordon

Mange Mite posted:

ah i didn't know about that last part

I doublechecked to make sure and it's not quite the way I remembered but still really close and the end result was the same anyway. he was actually the chair of the American College of Emergency Physicians during a time which it affiliated itself with and then dumped a ton of gun control lobbying money into the VPC and Brady Campaign back in the 90s. it was still crooked as gently caress since he was still taking large amounts of federal grants to publish anti-gun studies while also funding an anti-gun lobby via his organization lol :(

I eats my spinach fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 14, 2016

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Darth123123 posted:

hell yeah my spas-12 is still legal

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Skeleton Ape posted:

It's a semi auto rifle with a detachable mag that has a telescoping/collapsible stock and a flash suppressor or threaded barrel (among other possible criteria that would also classify it as such). Arguing semantics is not a friend to the gun owner/enthusiast. It just makes you look like a pedantic rear end in a top hat desperate to score any points at all in order to preserve the status quo (see: arguing about clip vs. magazine).

The exact term used is not material since they explain in the law what they mean by the term. Argue to those points, not the word they use to describe them. Explain that a collapsible stock is such a minor thing that it's not even worth discussion. Show that even if mags were limited to 10 rounds, they can be swapped out within a second and it likely wouldn't make much of a difference. Witness this video of an idiot with a sick dogge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksZqzPWm7VQ

Or this guy. Why is he out of breath?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Ta8t16lrk

Tell them that no one gives a poo poo about bayonet lugs or grenade launcher mounts.

But don't argue about "assault weapon" vs. "sporting rifle" and don't assume (or tell) that anyone that says clip instead of magazine is a gun grabbin librul that knows nothing about guns and is therefore not entitled to an opinion about the matter.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

FrankieGoes posted:

It's a semi auto rifle with a detachable mag that has a telescoping/collapsible stock and a flash suppressor or threaded barrel (among other possible criteria that would also classify it as such). Arguing semantics is not a friend to the gun owner/enthusiast. It just makes you look like a pedantic rear end in a top hat desperate to score any points at all in order to preserve the status quo (see: arguing about clip vs. magazine).

The exact term used is not material since they explain in the law what they mean by the term. Argue to those points, not the word they use to describe them. Explain that a collapsible stock is such a minor thing that it's not even worth discussion. Show that even if mags were limited to 10 rounds, they can be swapped out within a second and it likely wouldn't make much of a difference. Witness this video of an idiot with a sick dogge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksZqzPWm7VQ

Or this guy. Why is he out of breath?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Ta8t16lrk

Tell them that no one gives a poo poo about bayonet lugs or grenade launcher mounts.

But don't argue about "assault weapon" vs. "sporting rifle" and don't assume (or tell) that anyone that says clip instead of magazine is a gun grabbin librul that knows nothing about guns and is therefore not entitled to an opinion about the matter.

You sound angry.

And a bit ignorant on the subject.

Yes, people who cannot take the time to know correct terminology yet seek to regulate something. They are the ones in the right.

example: shoulder thing that goes up.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

ban all guns besides handguns and hunting rifles

Khorne
May 1, 2002
You missed some really salient reasons that Americans have came up with in the past year alone:
  • Shooting up a school
  • Shooting up a nightclub
  • Occupying land you don't own with your buds
  • Shooting inanimate objects for Youtube views and subs
Real world examples of assault weapon usage in 21st century America.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 14, 2016

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Raere posted:

ban all guns besides handguns and hunting rifles

so we should ban shotguns only?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Cartouche posted:

You sound angry.

Supes angry. I just threw a beer bottle at my mother when she came down the stairs to MY basement, and I also kicked my cat and punched my monitor.

Wait, weren't you the guy that I called out earlier today for saying totally dumb/wrong poo poo about hunting rifles, that never responded?

quote:

Should probably explain which part was ignorant and why. Otherwise you just kinda look like a dildo. hope this helps.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://youtu.be/BOnOlLM9EYQ

I'm a bit over weight.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Cartouche posted:

You sound angry.

Yes, people who cannot take the time to know correct terminology yet seek to regulate something. They are the ones in the right.

example: shoulder thing that goes up.

lmao what are you even saying durrrr hyyyhuuuhhhhhhh *faaarrrrttttttt*

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
I learned today that people trying to kill you are termed "work", and your gun is a "workspace". I feel like this brings up several interesting questions

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Fonzarelli posted:

why does america think that they are they only people who have to be like this with guns

the rest of the world isn't like you guys, maybe you are the wrong ones, you know? How could the rest of the world be wrong

The rest of the world shits in the streets and/or beheads women for adultery, too.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

:lol: such a classic video

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Maoist Pussy posted:

The rest of the world shits in the streets and/or beheads women for adultery, too.

gun enthusiasts would be very supportive of those acts if the people doing them were white

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

I'm just one man but I say keep them legal because of how hilarious it is to see the sad piss babies cry about them

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

FrankieGoes posted:

The exact term used is not material

Do you work for the ATF by chance?

I'll throw you a bone, it's a trick question. There's no real definitive correct answer as it's kind of a made up bullshit term to loosely categorize firearms that scare people.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 14, 2016

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

:vick:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so the idea is to ban tactilol attachments? yeah, i guess i can see the reasoning behind that. only the most pathetic, tiny dicked weirdos bling out their guns with worthless toys and mass shooters are generally pathetic tiny dicked weirdos.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Here's my list, OP!

#stevencrowder

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012

GastonEatTheEggs posted:

the government should not have a monopoly on force, op

lol at some fat hillbilly shooting a repeating rifle with a 30 round mag impotently at an M1 Abrams tank while it runs over all the trailers in his trailer park one-by-one. I bet he would get all huffy and pout.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bread Dragon posted:

lol at some fat hillbilly shooting a repeating rifle with a 30 round mag impotently at an M1 Abrams tank while it runs over all the trailers in his trailer park one-by-one. I bet he would get all huffy and pout.

Assimilate citizen

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Bread Dragon posted:

Why would an M1 doing that ever be considered a good thing?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bread Dragon posted:

you think he would even shoot instead of rolling over and surrendering immediately. if people like that had any courage they would face the world instead of hiding from it with a security blanket made of guns.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Like that's really hosed up to say, "yea the United States Military being deployed on domestic soil and attacking it's citizens is a cool and good thing." I bet the "red necks" who would obviously be the only people hurt by the civil war would certainly "pout" about it.

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014

gigawhite posted:

Maybe there's no evidence because the CDC isn't even allowed to research gun violence thanks to congress? Nevermind that's crazy I'm sure it's just that guns are good

the CDC is actually the only place that collects stats on gun violence.

or maybe im not a retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyph_DZa_GQ

• Locked thread