Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
If in execution this just means attempting to ban photo shopped models and only allowing regular photos of models, that's probably good. Let people aspire to be realistically attractive and fit, not a computer modified version of perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

dreezy posted:

click the link in the op, ta luv.

or just look here cause I'm a friendly m8.

This lady is too skinny for my tastes and I find the general thrust of the ad vaguely distasteful for many of the same reasons I assume Roylicious does, and and and and, get this, I still don't think there's a compelling enough case to be made to justify expanding government control over free speech.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I have a great idea how about we just keep commodifying every little new stupid thing we can think up

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
im glad that there's more room for those cheery government apprenticeship posters

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
If we're banning stuff in advertising, I'd rather it be stuff like ads that flood kids with the idea that sugar-laden foods/beverages are cool/good. Hell, I'd rather more serious legislation of both sugar content in foods and labeling of said foods take place than making legislation to ban ads promoting unrealistic body images. That's probably more serious a problem imo, at least for the US. I know that many European nations have more restrictions on stuff like food ads, packaging, and even sugar content in stuff like juice.

Also, I get that it's lovely to have to see photoshopped bodies held as the highest level of attractiveness constantly, but there are probably enough people around at this point that would find an ad of a fitness model wearing a bikini upsetting even without any photoshop. Kind of an all or nothing thing if you're banning these types of ads.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Fire Barrel posted:

If we're banning stuff in advertising, I'd rather it be stuff like ads that flood kids with the idea that sugar-laden foods/beverages are cool/good. Hell, I'd rather more serious legislation of both sugar content in foods and labeling of said foods take place than making legislation to ban ads promoting unrealistic body images. That's probably more serious a problem imo, at least for the US. I know that many European nations have more restrictions on stuff like food ads, packaging, and even sugar content in stuff like juice.

Also, I get that it's lovely to have to see photoshopped bodies held as the highest level of attractiveness constantly, but there are probably enough people around at this point that would find an ad of a fitness model wearing a bikini upsetting even without any photoshop. Kind of an all or nothing thing if you're banning these types of ads.

You used to not be able to advertise to children

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

England please dont appropriate fat culture its all we have here in america

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Lol @ banning an ad the encourages fitness

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Clearly not the case any more. Hell, look at cereal in a lot of stores. They put that poo poo right near candy and the like and tend to market the sugary cereals more aggressively to children. Double whammy of advertising bullshit.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Snatch Duster posted:

lol and guess what, there are still sexy skinny people in those ads.

A fat gently caress brushing her teeth ain't selling toothpaste fam.

Also, it looks like you are realizing that not all ads are the same and not all ads approach their audience in the same way.

I'ma take another tack here and say please keep saying fam idk why but I like it and you're the only poster that does.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

See now that I could get behind. Seems easier to legislate and you avoid all this mess.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Would.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i personally believe it should be illegal to show pictures of fatties in the media. Being fat is a disease that needs to be wiped out.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I want to manspread with a giant manpenis on my mantrain whilst looking at hot skinny women on a poster talking about something about a beach? I'm not sure honestly

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
That Elmo guy has a pretty unrealistic body, imo. McGruff the crime dog too.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

http://i.imgur.com/Y4BKIPg.mp4

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm okay with cute girls making funny faces being a career path

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm okay with cute girls making funny faces being a career path

sorry but that girl isn't a real person. no human woman can be that cute and attractive.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
You know that ads are hella brushed and shopped though right? Like you realize no human woman actually has those proportions in that Skyy ad you posted? Except maybe that Barbie lady I guess.

Surely you must know that.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Is this a sex bot?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
You probably wish she was, creepo.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Roylicious posted:

Feel like you prolly need to take a few deep breaths

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I'm just funnin with the guy relax.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Roylicious posted:

idgi

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what

ArbitraryC posted:

Feel like you prolly need to take a few deep breaths

That's too much exercise for fat people.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Roylicious posted:

Umm... if you wouldn't invest in the stock of a company that made these, you're a deluded retard.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

The Bananana posted:

Umm... if you wouldn't invest in the stock of a company that made these, you're a deluded retard.

Okay? I don't support the Iraq war but I bought Lockheed Martin stock. Where did I say invest with your feelings ever?

Obv sex bots will make tons of money but still lol at you tiny dicks who need them.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Roylicious posted:

Okay? I don't support the Iraq war but I bought Lockheed Martin stock. Where did I say invest with your feelings ever?

Obv sex bots will make tons of money but still lol at you tiny dicks who need them.

i hear the fatter you get the small your dick is, in your experience is that true?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Roylicious posted:

You know that ads are hella brushed and shopped though right? Like you realize no human woman actually has those proportions in that Skyy ad you posted? Except maybe that Barbie lady I guess.

Surely you must know that.

Who cares. As long as it shames gross fatties into losing weight I fully support it

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Snatch Duster posted:

i hear the fatter you get the small your dick is, in your experience is that true?

I dunno I don't gently caress fatties and I don't have a dick :shrug:

Sounds right.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Roylicious posted:

I don't have a problem :)

Sometimes ya'll say stupid things and I feel the need to say something. I'm def not always right or anything all I'm saying is lol at a bunch of middle aged men going 'argh no one cares about this everyone is ruining everything loving social justice warriorrrrssssss' :jerkbag:

How to know someone has no ground to stand on: They use the "I'm not always right, but I am right where it counts (which is right now)" line when called out on being a crazy person

Roylicious posted:

I dunno I don't gently caress fatties and I don't have a dick :shrug:

Sounds right.

You are so obnoxious

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Roylicious posted:

Lol, I'm not about to make the mistake others in here have made of engaging you.
You've obviously very invested in the topic-- curious...

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

CJacobs posted:

How to know someone has no ground to stand on: They use the "I'm not always right, but I am right where it counts (which is right now)" line when called out on being a crazy person

Nah I just thought it was funny how GBS falls over itself to scream about fat justice warriors ruining freedom or some idiot panicky poo poo like that, thanks though insults are always appreciated :)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The puppetmaster.... pulling all of our strings this whole time.......

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ol England should let more Muslims in imho.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

CJacobs posted:

The puppetmaster.... pulling all of our strings this whole time.......

That's not what I said even remotely?

Are you a Markov GBS bot?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You can go "tee hee I was just having fun" all you want, pretending to be an abrasive dumbass = you are an abrasive dumbass

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I'm not playing the puppetmaster card though I'm just saying this thread is full of middle aged men angry at the sky.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lmao at enggland as per usual

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

He likes them thicky thicky thick girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9jRQLEMuQM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Roylicious posted:

Nah I was skinny as a rail in HS and always felt like poo poo because the models were always just way better looking no matter what I tried.

Obviously I didn't realize how extensively everything is airbrushed and shopped at the time but I don't expect little girls to get that, either.

Just talk to some bulimics and ask why they started doing it.

Maybe they identify as fat. Why are you such a bigot?

• Locked thread