Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Taking the practice strokes, or even standing near the ball, could very well have caused it to move. But he said it wasn't him, and his playing partner and referee agreed, that should have been the end of it. He certainly didn't intentionally cause it, and he gained no advantage from the ball rolling an eight of an inch away from the hole, so the rule itself is dumb as well IMO. Especially on greens with that much slope and speed; there were several other incidents of balls moving after they'd been marked and replaced but not yet addressed.

His drive on 12 right after they told him the situation was a thing of beauty though. I think it was the highest swing speed, ball speed, and carry that I saw during the entire tournament. And to birdie 18 when almost nobody else did on Sunday was the perfect ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Paypal is versabox@gmail.com

Give me all your :20bux: pls, daddy's getting a new pair of

Who hasn't paid up? :colbert:

Suprfli6 posted:

Taking the practice strokes, or even standing near the ball, could very well have caused it to move. But he said it wasn't him, and his playing partner and referee agreed, that should have been the end of it. He certainly didn't intentionally cause it, and he gained no advantage from the ball rolling an eight of an inch away from the hole, so the rule itself is dumb as well IMO. Especially on greens with that much slope and speed; there were several other incidents of balls moving after they'd been marked and replaced but not yet addressed.
As soon as that idiot from the USGA came on Fox to say they thought he moved the ball, I said to my friends that forensic scientists are going to examine the footage and determine it's physically impossible for DJ to have moved the ball.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
So now even golf allows video replay officials to be stars of the show to the exclusion of the athletes.

Brilliant. Very healthy sporting climate we live in.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Remember that it was Jim Nantz who called the Rules Committee for Tiger's penalty at the Masters a few years ago.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Remember that it was Jim Nantz who called the Rules Committee for Tiger's penalty at the Masters a few years ago.

lol i'd almost forgotten about this. the jim nantzest thing

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Shrapnig posted:

Yeah, Brandel Chamblee probably told him to, all I can remember from that poo poo was him saying over and over how Tiger ruined the integrity of the tournament and should WD himself. Shut the gently caress up Nantz and shut the gently caress up Chamblee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jim Nantz is far and away the whitest motherfucker in sports broadcasting, which basically makes him perfect to call the Masters.

• Locked thread