Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

In honor of our 54-hole leader, here are some clips from the greatest pop-cultural contribution Ireland has ever given us, Father Ted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S76psR2fYOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI-WRb2u4po

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2SsAezR_1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWm-23RSjfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EbhdS6QVVY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foFXj7pEj4g

e: here's a few more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TQuacxEjAU

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

"These greens are tricky dicky!"

:laffo: that segment

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I do like a fat golfer so I hope Lowry does it.

Spinnaker
Jun 25, 2004

Holy crap. The announcer just said "They love their Kooch here in Pittsburgh." Not sure he knows how that sounds!

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I... I am starting to think Spieth may not win this...

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

My body is ready, Josh Lyman.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

DeChambeau's swing is just so mechanical, I don't like it.

Fred Breakfast
Aug 12, 2003

That rear end in a top hat who yelled "Hold the door!" at Brendan Grace

mattfl posted:

DeChambeau's swing is just so mechanical, I don't like it.

I just saw a video on Twitter where he puts his balls in an Epsom salt bath, takes them out when they're done spinning, puts a weight on the opposite end, and if it rotates to weight first, throws it in the trash.

Fred Breakfast fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 19, 2016

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration
I always chuckle when I hear "Bababooey" after a drive, but the guy who screamed out "Hold the door!" after Grace's tee shot had my wife and I laughing out loud.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

That was a good shout.

Koepka -6 on his round after being two over after three is nuts, if he plays his last six holes well we may see a 62.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Calling it now the winner is not coming from the final group.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I like DJ's chances today if he makes a putt or two and settles down. He really can overpower this course and he's usually good with his wedges. That drive on 1 made it looks like everyone else was hitting irons off that tee.

Aaaand his tee shot on 2 is absolutely perfect. Let's go.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 19, 2016

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kameh posted:

My body is ready, Josh Lyman.
Adam Scott is 1 stroke behind Sergio so shyduck is still in the mix.

I'm scared for DJ. Since he has a proper chance of winning, the pressure/aggression might get to him whereas Sergio and Scotty can just chill and play.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Rough start for Landry. Feels like it's going to be between DJ and Lowry today.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ugh, Westy is hacking it up on 4 and DJ is having to watch it from the front row.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Following Sergio on 6 tee.

Edit - Right picture this time.

Kameh fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 19, 2016

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wrong pic :colbert:

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Follows up a 3 putt bogey on 7 with a hole out from the bunker for birdie on 8. Easily 1.5 shots on the field there.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
OK just got home from my morning round (it's balls loving hot in LA today holy poo poo). What are the morning storylines that I've missed? I see Kameh is there, well done buddy.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dat DJ drop :stare:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

If DJ wins he's just gonna get suspended for another six months.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Kameh posted:

Following Sergio on 6 tee.

Edit - Right picture this time.

SERGIO OVER HERE LOOK AT MEEEE! :spain:

I finally got a :filez: solution to my local fox affiliate/dish catfight and am watching via my Amazon Fire TV via Kodi and SkySports 1, a welcome relief from the bombast of Joe Buck.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Following Sergio, and his girlfriend and her parents are in front of us. She's... fine.

tminz
Jul 1, 2004
Lol they're talking about giving DJ a penalty for that ball moving on the green? Get the gently caress out

I'm not even really pulling for the guy but give me a break. Especially if the rules official with the group gave him the OK. People calling in rules violations or them retroactively looking at it via video is a farce.

Double edit; and they loving TOLD HIM in the middle of the round that they're going to review it so now he gets to think about it for the rest of his round? This is gonna be insanely bad for the USGA if DJ doesn't win because of a penalty stroke.

tminz fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 19, 2016

Gralk
Jun 18, 2005
WWE mentality in affect. Thanks Fox.

Also, Shut the gently caress up Joe Buck. Someone please mute him permanently.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Are you loving kidding me? They're going to look at it AFTER the round?!?!?!?!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

Are you loving kidding me? They're going to look at it AFTER the round?!?!?!?!

Lol DJ's gonna win, then lose after they review

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

gently caress this rules official guy. All three of them have a what the gently caress are you talking about face. If DJ looses because of that he's going to go ballistic on them.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
DJ better start making some birdies because they're definitely penalizing him.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kameh, is the crowd aware that DJ might be assessed a 1 stroke penalty?

Gralk
Jun 18, 2005
I don't understand why they can't make a call. It is is penalty or is isn't. What is up with the we will tell you later?

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Motherfucking poo poo.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
gently caress.

Re: DJ - a majority of people have these radio ear pieces that are streaming the XM coverage. They're talking nonstop about it. Can't tell you what the crowd immediately around him knows though.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Holy poo poo Sergio. Completely buried in the bunker.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
So basically they're going to wait until it's over and if DJ is ahead by 2 or more strokes they'll go "Oh yeah, that's a 1 stroke penalty" and he'll still win. Or if he's up by 1 or tied, they'll say it wasn't a penalty so people don't go ballistic over the ruling.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Rory/Jordan/Ricky are all rooting for DJ. I imagine if this costs DJ the win there's gonna be some issues.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This is 100% bullshit. They're going to gently caress DJ hard

Upside Potential
Jun 14, 2006
If you think this guy is terrible, wait till next year.
DJ is shook

Edit: Did thebasedgod curse Dustin too?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

If the player says he didn't cause it to move, with the way the rule was re-written, they'd really need compelling evidence to penalize him I would think. But the head rules guy seemed to really be leaning towards a penalty. Hopefully DJ goes on a tear and this is a non-issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Day noooo :(

• Locked thread