Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

YeahTubaMike posted:

a new reg who appears to be neither jon pop nor dare

shocking

It's evolving. :page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Clothes are actually larger and that is a fact. I think you are probably larger too. Sorry.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

OctoberBlues posted:

This reminds me of something that pisses me off. A lot of people insist on tall sizes now, not because they are tall, but because their stomach is so loving big that they need the extra length to make sure their belly doesn't hang out.

gently caress those people.

Why is it bad for people to buy clothes that adequately cover them

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Windows 98 posted:

Fat people should have to pay more for clothes as they use more materials to make them. Also maybe we should make restaurant doors like a foot wide so you have to walk in sideways, barring all fatties from entering.

Denying fatties entrance to restaurants is bad for business. Although, maybe we could set up a trough outside?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Oh don't mind me, I am full of a lot of hate.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Skylar parachute account?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

criscodisco posted:

Isn't that as classically goony, though? Being morbidly obese yet dressed in business casual regardless of the situation? Usually with a pair of disgusting sneakers that look like an M80 went off in them.

I thought it was usually the cheapest new balance shoes they could find in black.

Edit. Sorry for the double post. I forgot where I was.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Puppy Galaxy posted:

More like adequately covers up THEIR SHAME!!!

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
What I've found is that mens pants are the same as always but shirts are cut really strangely now. I'm not thin by any means, but my 16 1/2-34/36 dress shirt that I wore in high-school 20 years ago still fits fine but now I have to buy 17 1/2-34/35 and the shape of the shirt is strange. Overly baggy in the midsection, but tight in the shoulders with sleeves that are too short. Do designers think that fat people have tiny shoulders and stumpy arms?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

mostlygray posted:

What I've found is that mens pants are the same as always but shirts are cut really strangely now. I'm not thin by any means, but my 16 1/2-34/36 dress shirt that I wore in high-school 20 years ago still fits fine but now I have to buy 17 1/2-34/35 and the shape of the shirt is strange. Overly baggy in the midsection, but tight in the shoulders with sleeves that are too short. Do designers think that fat people have tiny shoulders and stumpy arms?

They do when they are old and frail with a potbelly I guess.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

daffodilass posted:

I feel like somewhere in the late 2000s everyone decided that people should be skinny little hobbits?

I've been getting more and more annoyed by this so yesterday I went to Walmart which really should be a bastion for fat people. I got some of those tank tops that come in a plastic bag, size L for gently caress sake, which in Walmart you would think would be equal to a XXL anywhere else, and I could barely fit into the thing, I had to struggle to get into it. Same thing happened at old navy, I bought an XL raincoat thinking I wanted something large and comfortable and it basically just fit me.

I'm not even close to fat, I'm like 6'0 and 180 pounds. What the gently caress do people who are actually fat do?

There is no way that you don't fit into a large at that body weight. That's right around where I am and I fit into a large fine. You are lying.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You should try buying T-Shirts in Thailand...XL were the biggest they had and they were like children's clothes. Only $1 a shirt though! Nothing wrong with showing a bit of bare belly as a man.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i think only cheap walmart clothes are getting bigger

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

City of Tampa posted:

I have a XXL t-shirt that I got for some free giveaway and it's as wide as a tent but it's the exact same length as the L t-shirts I normally wear, this must be why giant fat dudes always have the bottom of their gut hanging out

that's what tall tees are for

once again black people have this poo poo all figured out

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
tall sizes got shorter around the same time jars of peanut butter got smaller etc a few years ago

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i have to get special pants made because :siren:MY DICK IS SO HUGE:siren: it's so big i'll never be able to have sex

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The reason I got annoyed about the tall shirts earlier is because sometimes for my job I have to order large quantities of shirts and people who demand talls make it moderately more difficult which annoys me because lots of things annoy me. Anyway, I always think the size distribution is alarming. If I order 100 shirts, this is the likely distribution:

S - 0
M - 2
L - 15
XL - 20
2XL - 40
3XL - 20
4XL - 2
5XL - 1

It's kind of crazy that 2XL seems to be the average size shirt now...

Burn My Dread
Feb 23, 2007

Tear up your fear, the end is coming near, spit it out like a spear, I'll burn your dread

daffodilass posted:

I feel like somewhere in the late 2000s everyone decided that people should be skinny little hobbits?

I've been getting more and more annoyed by this so yesterday I went to Walmart which really should be a bastion for fat people. I got some of those tank tops that come in a plastic bag, size L for gently caress sake, which in Walmart you would think would be equal to a XXL anywhere else, and I could barely fit into the thing, I had to struggle to get into it. Same thing happened at old navy, I bought an XL raincoat thinking I wanted something large and comfortable and it basically just fit me.

I'm not even close to fat, I'm like 6'0 and 180 pounds. What the gently caress do people who are actually fat do?

I'm 6'2" and 195 pounds and I can fit in to a Wal-Mart Medium just fine, Large is a little baggy :shrug:

Stop being fat imo

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
everyone is fat except me

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
maybe try using the fuckin fitting rooms before you buy you PIECE OF poo poo

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm 5'5" and 350lbs and fit into small like a glove. Lmao lose some weight morans

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Kuato posted:

I'm 5'5" and 350lbs and fit into small like a glove. Lmao lose some weight morans

Congrats on losing those 80 lbs and getting down to 350, Kuato!

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
Have you tried shopping with a girl? Just about every guy I know has an entire casual wardrobe that consists of "first pair of jeans I came across that fit" and "first shirt that looked wide enough when I held it in front of me by the hanger." I finally talked a bunch of my guy friends into letting me help them pick clothes and trying them on before buying them. It makes a big difference in how comfortable they are more than how they look. On top of that, tons of guys don't realize what the difference in jean cuts means, or how different types of tee shirts hang off your shoulders and neck.

Just get a girl to go to the store with you some time.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

PallasAthene posted:

Have you tried shopping with a girl? Just about every guy I know has an entire casual wardrobe that consists of "first pair of jeans I came across that fit" and "first shirt that looked wide enough when I held it in front of me by the hanger." I finally talked a bunch of my guy friends into letting me help them pick clothes and trying them on before buying them. It makes a big difference in how comfortable they are more than how they look. On top of that, tons of guys don't realize what the difference in jean cuts means, or how different types of tee shirts hang off your shoulders and neck.

This is shockingly sexist.

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

PallasAthene posted:

i know more about fashion and sometimes even makeup than most women in my life

im.... gay???

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

PallasAthene posted:

the best part about this is after a while you don;t even have to go shopping with them anymore and they will just show up randomly with nice looking clothes that fit you, I don't think I've actually bought clothes myself other than shoes and socks for like at least a couple years

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

City of Tampa posted:

the best part about this is after a while you don;t even have to go shopping with them anymore and they will just show up randomly with nice looking clothes that fit you...

Haha, completely guilty of buying about a million shirts for my guy friends because I know they will look nice on them.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno if you're entirely correct, op.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

City of Tampa posted:

the best part about this is after a while you don;t even have to go shopping with them anymore and they will just show up randomly with nice looking clothes that fit you, I don't think I've actually bought clothes myself other than shoes and socks for like at least a couple years

yeah your mom's pretty cool like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Enfield posted:

everyone is fat except me

Yeah but you are fat loss was pretty extreme. I don't have the brains for that yet.

• Locked thread