Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I spent my $20 on the starter pack since I'm having fun, but yeah otherwise daily pack 1 or nothing. Unless they completely dry up the free currency later on, in which case I'll probably just quit and come back when they add a bunch of new poo poo 😛

Starter pack is nice since it's your choice of a 4*, so you get someone good. I was considering daily pack 2 once for the same reason you did, you'll get roughly 4 or 5 4*s but they could all be crap. Or you could wind up with 3 5*s. Hooray gambling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
Just like Summoner's War, you probably want to open up all of the shop slots. They sell Premium Hero scrolls for 100k apparently. I got a poo poo undead archer that shared my sadness in summoning him.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

DemonMage posted:

Starter pack is nice since it's your choice of a 4*, so you get someone good.

Any 4* or the remaining starter choices?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Any of the starter choices, can double down if you want. They're all really good units anyways.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
In as SACamp

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

Truspeaker posted:

Speaking of which, I keep finding a ton of great blue dudes, and a couple good fire ones, but besides the green bear they give you I haven't had any green dudes worth using at all.

Pick up Nina and Floria from the secret dungeons or fuse Jenia (req mons also available from secret dungeons).

the auschwitz diet fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 18, 2016

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
A couple things were holding me back from really enjoying this game. It was hanging like once every 4 load screens. Also none of my monsters seemed all that cool. The constant hanging was fixed by clearing the game's cache. It is now like 95% stable. Try it if your game is hanging.

I then got Siho from a scenario scroll. She looks super cool and seems like a good attacker for both waves and bosses.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
In as lolwhat, I kinda miss the autocomplete function from heroes charge but it'll do.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Are there any good tier lists out there, maybe from the Asia servers? Wasn't lucky enough to pull a natural 5* yet so I guess I have to start burning up my roster.

Because it doesn't look like a team of random 4* shmucks is cutting it in Hard mode and up, but I have no idea which characters to ascend/awaken/enhance/whatever and which ones to sacrifice on the Altar of Grinding.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Still not sure about this game. It's not BAD but even getting through the daily quest stuff is a bit of a chore and I'm still not comfortable with the rugby scrum combat system. First and only Premium scroll gave me a 3* robot; I'm saving up a little more for the 3-Premiums + 3 eggies pack and if that gives me garbage, I'm out.

EDIT: Got up to 450 gems and bought the three-premium pack. And I got:

3* Rex (the same robot I got from my first premium scroll)
3* Lilly (already had from quest clears)
3* Claire (...)

:colbert:

delfin fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 20, 2016

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005

Wooze posted:

Are there any good tier lists out there, maybe from the Asia servers? Wasn't lucky enough to pull a natural 5* yet so I guess I have to start burning up my roster.

Because it doesn't look like a team of random 4* shmucks is cutting it in Hard mode and up, but I have no idea which characters to ascend/awaken/enhance/whatever and which ones to sacrifice on the Altar of Grinding.

Units to keep

Personal tier list

Those are what I'm going off of, for now.

There's a coupon code LIGHTFIRE1 and it gets you Fire/Water/Earth Hatching Eggy, 5 Normal Scrolls, 50 Keys, and 10 Light-Pieces of Demp. You enter it under the events tab/redeem coupon.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

I'm actually thoroughly enjoying this so far. Between it and summoners war my spare time is consumed.
I was in as SASiochain, but I got a new phone, and hadn't HIVE'd that account. So, SASioalt it is.
Really enjoying the game. I finished Scenario 7, and had to sit and grind a bit before 8 was doable, but given how XP gets spread in this game, its really not a problem.
Definitely going to stick with it for a bit.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Giving it a try. Just unlocked the 4 star bear dude from the story quest.

Not sure how long I'm gonna stick at it though, seems a bit too similar to Summoners war for me, burnt out on that game a long time ago!

Jaff
Aug 25, 2004

Picked Vincent for my first pick, promptly got a premium scroll and summoned another one. Just barely starting this game, is there such a thing as skillups like Summoners War or is his only real use as fodder to 5* someone since I already have one?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Rubicon posted:

There's a coupon code LIGHTFIRE1 and it gets you Fire/Water/Earth Hatching Eggy, 5 Normal Scrolls, 50 Keys, and 10 Light-Pieces of Demp. You enter it under the events tab/redeem coupon.

Getting "This coupon code has expired."

EDIT: Chat says try LIGHTWATER1 .

delfin fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 20, 2016

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000

Jaff posted:

Picked Vincent for my first pick, promptly got a premium scroll and summoned another one. Just barely starting this game, is there such a thing as skillups like Summoners War or is his only real use as fodder to 5* someone since I already have one?

I never got too deep into SW but it sounds the same. If you upgrade with the same character you have a chance to unlock an Awaken spot. Either you outright succeed (by the % listed on the unit after you select it), or it adds a % to your Awaken meter to increase your odds the next time you do it.

Also that LightFire1 code link didn't work for me until I fully exited the app. Then I got an error message but noticed I had a ton of stuff in my inbox waiting for me.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

delfin posted:

Getting "This coupon code has expired."

EDIT: Chat says try LIGHTWATER1 .

Looks like a new one every day. Their Facebook has it, or I'm guessing one of us will update this thread.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

delfin posted:

Still not sure about this game. It's not BAD but even getting through the daily quest stuff is a bit of a chore and I'm still not comfortable with the rugby scrum combat system. First and only Premium scroll gave me a 3* robot; I'm saving up a little more for the 3-Premiums + 3 eggies pack and if that gives me garbage, I'm out.

EDIT: Got up to 450 gems and bought the three-premium pack. And I got:

3* Rex (the same robot I got from my first premium scroll)
3* Lilly (already had from quest clears)
3* Claire (...)

:colbert:

This is really not the right game for you if you're going to get frustrated at not getting great pulls, even 100 pulls isn't going to guarantee you a nat 5*. Rex is really good, you can't get him from the secret dungeons and you'll need an extra one for fusing a nat 5* as well, that's probably the best possible 3* pull. There are 6 or so welfare premium scrolls available in the ongoing events and the normal difficulty scenario campaign though if you want to stick it out.

the auschwitz diet fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 20, 2016

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

the auschwitz diet posted:

This is really not the right game for you if you're going to get frustrated at not getting great pulls, even 100 pulls isn't going to guarantee you a nat 5*. Rex is really good, you can't get him from the secret dungeons and you'll need an extra one for fusing a nat 5* as well, that's probably the best possible 3* pull. There are 6 or so welfare premium scrolls available in the ongoing events and the normal difficulty scenario campaign though if you want to stick it out.

Well, there is a number in between 3 and 5, which is 4, which I was kinda hoping one of my first five premiums would land on when gems are this scarce as a F2P. I don't expect god tier to be handed to me, but a 3* followed by a dupe of that 3*, a dupe of the 3* archer I've already replaced, and a dupe of the 3* mage I've already replaced could've gone better.

Current team is L23 4* Arthur, L19 4* Ian, L26 3* Rex, L30 4* Carmen, L19 3* Tallia who was my fifth premium pull.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

delfin posted:

Well, there is a number in between 3 and 5, which is 4, which I was kinda hoping one of my first five premiums would land on when gems are this scarce as a F2P. I don't expect god tier to be handed to me, but a 3* followed by a dupe of that 3*, a dupe of the 3* archer I've already replaced, and a dupe of the 3* mage I've already replaced could've gone better.

Current team is L23 4* Arthur, L19 4* Ian, L26 3* Rex, L30 4* Carmen, L19 3* Tallia who was my fifth premium pull.

As someone who's played a lot of these types of games, even the 4*'s are rare. This game ~does~ seem a little harsher on progression without getting lucky, but it is doable. I'm up to 8 or so Premium Scrolls, and only 3*'s, and not even any of the "good" ones.
The key to these games is find the low-star monsters who actually shine late game. Easier to awaken as well, because you can usually get others more easily.

But then again, I'm a big fat whale sometimes, and I've spent $$$ chasing the good pulls (mainly Puzzles and Dragons, gently caress the $$$ I wasted on it).

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Someone just found Heroic Dungeon: Ellaine and it won't let me run it. Saying I've used all my Heroic entrances. If you can only run five heroic dungeon runs a day...that is a really dumb mechanic for a completely random find.

If I have the keys let me run any of them that are found.

edit: looks like it was a bug. Closed and restarted and it was at 0/5.

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 21, 2016

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
The really weak auto battle in this game is really killing it for me. It isn't interesting enough to manual all the time and there is a massive team performance gap between auto and manual. Then I look at having to manual through another hundred or two scenario battle first time clears and this game starts looking less and less fun. Maybe they were trying to create a game that was less of an idle game than others out there and I guess they succeeded in that. I am not really into it though. I really enjoy starting battles occasionally while I work and checking back in a couple of minutes to see what I won.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Todays code:

LIGHTEARTH1

or visit:

http://event.withhive.com/ci/coupon_page/link?g=517&c=LIGHTEARTH1

on your mobile device.

Gives you:
5 Light pieces for Floria
30 Gems
50 Keys
100k Gold

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

MrPants posted:

The really weak auto battle in this game is really killing it for me. It isn't interesting enough to manual all the time and there is a massive team performance gap between auto and manual. Then I look at having to manual through another hundred or two scenario battle first time clears and this game starts looking less and less fun. Maybe they were trying to create a game that was less of an idle game than others out there and I guess they succeeded in that. I am not really into it though. I really enjoy starting battles occasionally while I work and checking back in a couple of minutes to see what I won.

Are you using Skill Setup or Random Skills? I find the former and doing Healer -> DPS -> DPS works really well for most content that I want to auto.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

If you've played summoner war to death then there's nothing new here unless you like slightly nicer visuals.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
In as ThatJerk. Having fun so far; team is Arthur, Gangbi, Hellen, Nina and Harley. Using harley as my rep, holy poo poo this guy is insane. Stuns, posseses, crazy damage and he revives himself.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Today's code is LIGHTFLAME1

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Today's code is LIGHTWAVE1

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
Gone through about 20 prem. scrolls now and not a single 4 star. I call bullshit on whoever said the drop rates seem to be the same/better than SW.

That said I have like three copies of Terenth so it that's a good thing I guess.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

On the contrary, from 11 scrolls I got:

Sasha
Misty
Gangbi

Yikes.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

And Alshara from the promo scroll. 4/12 4*.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
You're stealing my rng!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Stealing mine as well. Still no evidence that 4*s or 5*s from Premium scrolls are anything but a thread in-joke.

That said, sticking with it for now. Sent friend reqs as delfin to people in the thread, add me or don't, not terribly concerned.

I got my first 5* by cannibalizing Ian and evolving up some of the evo incarnations, so Rex is 5* now, teamed with 4* Carmen, Ellaine, Tallia and Arthur, with a 4* Hellen lurking in the background and 3* Cecile and Nina waiting for promotion. Getting people who find Heroic Dungeons to add you temporarily is somewhat of a game in itself.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I just spam friend requests from the chat and hope they accept. Got up to about 25 friends so far.

Kind of surprised this game isn't more popular here.

My nick is Roid if anybody wants a 5* de'har buddy 😁

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
I've been pretty lucky with summons.

At the beginning, I saved and bought a 3 pack, got Velrooks out of it.

Got the daily pack I from the event and bought the daily pack II. I've opened 4 of the Summoner's Pack II and got a four star from each one.

Benechia, Bella, Elissia, and Alshara.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
I think some of my earlier bad luck has worn off. I got the 1500 stone pack and pulled a De'har and Elissia. I think I might replace Terenth with De'har - I already have gangbi for fire damage and am sorely missing green damage.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
De'har is my only 5* at this point and is pretty baller. Not sure who to 5 next. Should it be my tank (bear dude), my other nat 4 (Harley), or my healer(Helen)? Saved enough for the 11 pull and got misty, zilean dude, 2 terenths and a load of fodder.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Woo first nat5. Just got Velrooks from a progress reward scroll.

Edit: Holy poo poo and with junk runes he's a powerhouse even at level 10

Rapner fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 28, 2016

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Roid666 posted:

De'har is my only 5* at this point and is pretty baller. Not sure who to 5 next. Should it be my tank (bear dude), my other nat 4 (Harley), or my healer(Helen)? Saved enough for the 11 pull and got misty, zilean dude, 2 terenths and a load of fodder.

Bear dude seems solid but doesn't really offer much other than being an ok tank. I have harley and he is a monster, but I've heard that he isn't that great in hell mode other than CC. I plan to 5 star my helen after my de'har because she is just so drat good as a healer. Some people say she is possibly the best 3 star in the game. I dunno about that but she is definitely good at what she does.

So I would say it boils down to what do you need more? Hard mode farming or better healing?

e: is there any way to see a collection, or all the possible mons in this game like SW has? I keep hearing the nat fives are crazy strong and only get the chance to see one when it pops up in chat.

That Jerk Steve fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jun 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

On the main village view, if you hit the arrow on the bottom left of the screen it brings up a weird submenu thing, the book is what you are looking for.

It looks like there are only 5 Nat5s right now, and absolutely any of them seem like a huge game changer.

• Locked thread