Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

VJeff posted:

I'm still getting used to the WWE's booking idiosyncrasies, so does the fact that Dean's been booked pretty strong since Mania and especially since Extreme Rules mean he's definitely not winning MitB or what?

The trick with WWE booking is that sometimes they'll book a storyline that makes complete sense, but then since people figure out the ending because it is WHAT WOULD MAKE SENSE they decide to do the opposite, to prove that they're smarter than all those dumb fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I bet most of Dean Ambrose's merch sales take place at Hot Topic.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

The trick with WWE booking is that sometimes they'll book a storyline that makes complete sense, but then since people figure out the ending because it is WHAT WOULD MAKE SENSE they decide to do the opposite, to prove that they're smarter than all those dumb fans.

There's 2 potential winners that would make sense

Good thing there's 4 other people *throws dart at board with only those 4 on it*

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I hope Cesaro wins

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

GeneX posted:

I hope Cesaro wins

:yeah:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i just noticed that they put the john cena drawing with the baby hands on the video screen he enters from behind.

i appreciate babyhands john

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I think anyone but ADR could do something entertaining with the case.

So I guess we've figured out who's winning.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jonny Nox posted:

I think anyone but ADR could do something entertaining with the case.

So I guess we've figured out who's winning.

Literally anybody except ADR would be very good, yeah, but Jericho would be weird cause I don't think Jericho cares about another title at this point so he'd probably lose his cash-in but we'd at least get some great promos out of it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

VJeff posted:

Literally anybody except ADR would be very good, yeah, but Jericho would be weird cause I don't think Jericho cares about another title at this point so he'd probably lose his cash-in but we'd at least get some great promos out of it.

Jericho would cash in on the Smackdown champion and then probably put over Sami or someone like that when he decides to go back on tour with Fozzy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Last year Sheamus was far and away the worst option for a winner, and well

Even Kane might've done something funny with it but no, what we really want is Sheamus.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

SomeMathGuy posted:

It makes strong story sense for Dean to win, and KO is the fan favorite, so expect ADR to become Mr. Money in the Bank.

I am 100% sure this is what's happening.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I think Dean's pretty funny and great and that's my opinion

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Maybe Kane will be the 7th man and get the case. Dare to dream

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I find it completely baffling that the one moment where Sheamus will have mainstream exposure is the only moment that WWE decided we didn't want Sheamus.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Didn't Dave say that putting the case on Sheamus was a last minute decision and that Vince immediately regretted it? I definitely believe that first part.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I guess they do need someone to be a 2x MitB winner now that Punk is gone.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUubFjhOVco

Jericho is good I want him to win

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Roman is night and day better than Dean

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RIP, sweet prince. The angels are singing Rage Against The Machine covers tonight
http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/06/14/obit-dx-band-singer-chris-warren-dies-age-49/

quote:

Musician Chris Warren, who was famously part of the “DX band” during the Attitude Era, has died at the age of 49.

A funeral is scheduled for this weekend in the Long Island area of New York, where Warren was born and also lived.

According to Warren’s obituary, the musician “passed away suddenly on Sunday, June 12, 2016 at the age 49.”

The obituary continues: “He was employed by Local 638 NYC as a Steam Fitter for many years. Music was his passion. He was very artistic and was a singer for the band Bro-kin.”

Visiting hours will be Friday, June 17 at the Joseph W. Sorce F.H. Inc. in West Nyack, N.Y. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 18 at St. Ann’s Church in Nyack.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"Bro-kin" might be the worst band name I've ever heard.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The thing that makes me think he might be winning is the level of emphasis on The Shield in the build.

I think Dean's winning MITB, but not the inevitable Shield triple threat that results from an ahead of time cash-in that conveniently happens during the build to Summerslam that would've otherwise had a blowoff to the Roman/Seth feud.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Amazing Red was supposed to be in the Cruiserweight Classic but broke his ankle

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Originally Rollins was supposed to face Triple H at Mania, anyone think they'll try to make that a Summerslame thing now?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

keevo posted:

Didn't Dave say that putting the case on Sheamus was a last minute decision and that Vince immediately regretted it? I definitely believe that first part.
Wasn't the rumor that Vince wanted to capitalize on the popularity of Conor McGregor and have an Irish champ?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

sticklefifer posted:

"Bro-kin" might be the worst band name I've ever heard.

Please don't shame the man for identifying as a bro, thanks.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

This is great. Jericho is legit amazing. Last year I was bored with him, but he just constantly tweaks his persona and now he's endlessly entertaining. How many wrestlers evolve like that? Not many get wrestling quite like Y2J does

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

im sure some of it has to do with the fact that they dont script jericho anywhere near as heavily as anyone else

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bro-Kin is about the most perfect name for a RATM-adjace band.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Bro-Kin is about the most perfect name for a RATM-adjace band.

Not quite as perfect as actual RATM cover band Age Against The Machine, of 'Jack Swagger's old theme' fame.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Trent Razor1911 posted:

Originally Rollins was supposed to face Triple H at Mania, anyone think they'll try to make that a Summerslame thing now?

I hope so because White Ranger vs. Death Knight w/ Lich Queen would rule.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

NienNunb posted:

Dean had that rebound thing and uh

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

8p: 3.043M
9p: 3.109M
10p: 2.758M

I could tell by the weak gdt this week would be worse

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

weird long slow intro segment and match that basically ate the first hour
weird shield reunion that felt like it went too long
lots of awkward backstage stuff with scenery chewing steph and overly tanned shane

it was a pretty garbage show

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

sticklefifer posted:

I think Dean's winning MITB, but not the inevitable Shield triple threat that results from an ahead of time cash-in that conveniently happens during the build to Summerslam that would've otherwise had a blowoff to the Roman/Seth feud.

Ah, and then Dean eats a pin from Seth, enabling them to transfer the belt and put Roman back in the chase without having to have him actually lose. I could actually see this horrendous nightmare future happening.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Maybe Kane will be the 7th man and get the case. Dare to dream

Kane will cash in on the Smackdown GM. WWE legal will become involved and determine that "Smackdown GM" is a type of WWE (job) title and that Kane's actions were contractually valid. All will be right with the world, and we will finally know where is Kane.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

I dearly love all three Shield bros even though I think current Roman should be booed. That said his matches are fully sick and almost always a good time.

Come at me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Seth is the best former Shield followed by Roman then Dean.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Trent Razor1911 posted:

I think Triple H returns after Battleground for his title rematch :getin:

Slowpoke
Jul 7, 2007

Also, someone drew a sweet Slowpoke that I wanted to buy for an av but lost the image. I think the thread was people drawing Pokemon? I guess? I don't know. If someone could help find it I would love to buy it. Thanks.

GeneX posted:

I hope Cesaro wins

I literally just texted my brother this. I really want Cesaro to win but would be happy with either Dean or Jericho (please don't hate me, I still enjoy Y2J) in his place.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Only stupid idiot babies don't enjoy Y2J and you know what they are? Idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cultlife
Jan 1, 2012
https://twitter.com/thewadekeller/status/742827321195958272

Oof. When's the last time the rating was this low?

• Locked thread