Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Otunga's commentating Main Event and Superstars. P cool

hosed up of them to bring back Kane during Sony's conference so I'd miss it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

The trick with WWE booking is that sometimes they'll book a storyline that makes complete sense, but then since people figure out the ending because it is WHAT WOULD MAKE SENSE they decide to do the opposite, to prove that they're smarter than all those dumb fans.

There's 2 potential winners that would make sense

Good thing there's 4 other people *throws dart at board with only those 4 on it*

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Amazing Red was supposed to be in the Cruiserweight Classic but broke his ankle

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cultlife posted:

https://twitter.com/thewadekeller/status/742827321195958272

Oof. When's the last time the rating was this low?

I'm so loving happy :getin:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hope everyone's ready for more of those quotes in the leadup to her book

And then when the book is released

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I hope they devote a few chapters to Stephanie starting the Diva's revolution

I guarantee that's going to be at least the next-to-last chapter if not the last, so the whitewashed story of poo poo that didn't happen can have the happiest ending possible

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

punchdaily posted:

I hope they've guaranteed John Cena a job for life in some capacity because this guy is such the epitome of A Company Guy that it's astonishing.

This is why he's the guy and it makes me sympathize with them not having Punk or Bryan be it. Punk would have thought it was stupid to learn even a little Mandarin, and Bryan would have been too busy concussing himself while talking to plants and shamans to devote time to it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

No one's going to care about the buy-rate or no one is going to care about the PPV.

I don't think either of those statements are true, actually.

lmfao

MITB is competing against likely the biggest Thrones ep yet and NBA's final game of the season. You're absolutely right about the "nobody's going to care about the PPV" part

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

She said Lawler held her against the kitchen counter, hit her in the head, pushed her against the stove, put a gun on the kitchen counter, and told her to "go ahead and kill yourself."

Lawler told police the argument started when McBride lied about where she'd been.

He said McBride scratched him in the face, threw a candle at him, and kicked him in the groin. He said she was drunk when she told him she knew where the gun was and threatened to kill herself.

Lawler said the reason he held McBride in the kitchen was because she was drunk and trying to leave the house in her car.

Memphis police officers were unable to determine the primary aggressor in the case, so they arrested both McBride and Lawler.

:stare: welp bye Lawler

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

does yukes just make these games for like eight bucks and catering? why do they still have the contract

Much like TV, if they had a long bid for the rights they'd be sorely disappointed with the amount of interest in their product

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Every single Fight Night game looks better than every single WWE game released over the last decade, and it gets truer every year, and it makes me really miss Fight Night

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Almost like EA Sports weren't forced to churn one out every year or something.

Madden's consistently looked and played better too. So have NBA and NHL games. And MLB The Show. Nice try

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bad games

Bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Who wants an Adam Rose mugshot shirt sold by Adam Rose http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/wrestler-t-shirts/aldo/mug-shot.html

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

New survey listed DVD/BluRay possibilities for next year. Includes one on Steph (lol of course), one for The Guy The Big Dog Roman God King Reigns, compilations of both the Cruiserweight title's history and the best matches of '97, Goldberg, and OVW

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JR and HHH are on a song on the new Wale mixtape :laffo:

Owns

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well yes but would it kill them to make it take two spears

I don't think the world could survive the impact of 2 Spears

One's All It Takes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Like Yuke's would do a good thing even once and bring back GM Mode

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dean will never learn Mandarin

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ParanoidInc posted:

I really hate that roman is the chosen one of the wwe too but "lets water down our top babyface's finisher" is absolutely the wrong choice to have if they want to ever get him over in any way

I mean, they already did it with the Avalanche AA and Cena's still mega over

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The real main event is Dana Brooke turning on Charlotte to set up the Summerslam match Sasha will watch on TV at home

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Isn't her injury the same as Kidd's

Really don't think it's safe/good in the first place for either of them to consider a comeback

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave expects a surprise

Get ready for the first time ever a champ has won his world title defense, gotten cashed in on, and won that too in the same night

B.I.G. Dog

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

6 hours of programming a week

9 on the weeks with PPVs, 11 if there's also a Takeover

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If the Cavs, Jon Snow, and Jon cena all die on the same night, I will be Irked

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The surprise is that after that GOLDBERG returns and challenges Roman Reigns to face him RIGHT NOW, Reigns then kicks out of Goldberg's spear and beats him clean with his spear

2 spears? Now that's a PPV. I don't know how Vince could contain all the money made from that though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You're a Cavs and Jon Snow mark?

We're not so different, you and I. :unsmith:

Not a Cavs fan but gently caress it, they came back from 3-1, and no matter what Ohio still has the Browns, Bengals, and RNC this year. They need some happiness amidst all that misery.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cavauro posted:

CJ2 wants to kiss ohio a lot

That next Andy Dalton opening round playoff loss :swoon:

triplexpac posted:

I dunno, I feel like this is going to be another step in Kane's 15 year plan to get revenge on the Undertaker

Kane's the 7th man, that's the surprise

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So uh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/744625236432162816

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bray not being done loving with Dean would be funnier

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Deuce and Domino coming back would be the first good thing WWE has done in decades

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm happy for Foochs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So my question is does he lose it back to Reigns at Battleground, or at Summerslam

I assume Battleground because 1) lol and 2) then Reigns can beat Brock after whatever happens at UFC happens

I'm also assuming they have enough heart to not have the match tomorrow and get it over with

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

He has been contacted as have Killer Elite Squad. They are raiding NOAH like New Japan.

I'm actually alright with this if it means Suzukigun is at least weakened if not dead

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Landstander posted:

I'm honestly shocked Roman's WM title reign ended up lasting 77 days. Not being snarky as an anti-Reigns person, I just sincerely thought they were going to go for the long haul on this reign in particular.

They still want to give him Brock and Cena. Depending how the Hunt fight goes, both of those might be out of the equation until at least 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Did the PPV (and the overrun) build a case for and against the brand split for you? How do you feel about the card depth tonight?

They have the roster but the booking is still poo poo. They had 10 matches scheduled for tonight and even people looking forward to the event cared about 4 of them at most. And it wasn't for lack of build.

Gonna be even worse when they bring in new and old people to misuse

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Reigns lost the world title to a pedigree

The political hit was real

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Only the champ for the last fourteen loving years.

Jean Shorts Are Not Jeans: An Essay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So who turns on Becky next, Bayley or Sting

• Locked thread