Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
daffodilass
Jun 13, 2016

by Shine
When I was in school I used to hide in the bathroom during gym because I found it so meaningless. We could have used that time to study something important like computer science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Kids need to learn who they are and how they compare to their peers at an early age so that they can begin dealing with the lifetime of inferiority ahead of them.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

General Dog posted:

Kids need to learn who they are and how they compare to their peers at an early age so that they can begin dealing with the lifetime of inferiority ahead of them.

haha same

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
So they know which kids are fat/wimpy and have the kids who stand a chance at being productive not associate with em' and have their lives ruined by the constant selfish rationalization they'll create for the rest of their miserable lives

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
it's important to make kids hate physical exercise so that they can grow up really fat, that's why gym class always starts with running in a circle while the teachers chat or w/e even though it would be really easy for a gym teacher to make a fun and engaging lesson plan

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
Because you are a disgusting fatbody pvt. Pyle! You can't even do one pullup? Get off my bar!

Nah seriously OP it's cause you fat and watch tv all day. Uncle Sam wants at least a few able bodied persons to go kill the Browns when required, as well as trying to do something to stave off the obesity epedemic.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

City of Tampa posted:

it's important to make kids hate physical exercise so that they can grow up really fat, that's why gym class always starts with running in a circle while the teachers chat or w/e even though it would be really easy for a gym teacher to make a fun and engaging lesson plan

Exactly this.

I liked it when the basket/foot/tennis ball always hit me in the face.

Also being made to run laps for talking.

Also being always on the team of skins with shirts vs skins (I think the gym teacher liked seeing my fat tits).

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
so kids don't get fat and complain that clothing sizes are too small nowadays

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
"Guys I'm so intellectually superior than everyone else in school for being afraid of kickball and hiding out in the uncleaned shitters for an hour! It just shows how stupid girls are for calling me weak and stinky, lol"

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Seriously OP what the gently caress is the matter with you

You're somehow bad at both posting and being in real life

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

This just in: goon thinks exercise is dumb.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Calisthenics == good

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

I want to hit you in the face with one of those red dodgeballs that I'm pretty sure have been banned for like 20 years. Those were the best.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Booblord Zagats posted:

"Guys I'm so intellectually superior than everyone else in school for being afraid of kickball and hiding out in the uncleaned shitters for an hour! It just shows how stupid girls are for calling me weak and stinky, lol"

for some reason I had gym class first period my senior year and I was like "nope" and just went to the library instead because I'm not gonna be all gross and sweaty all day, and even the principal was cool with it and I still passed the class lol that's how much of a real class gym is

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

daffodilass posted:

When I was in school I used to hide in the bathroom during gym because I found it so meaningless. We could have used that time to study something important like computer science.

gym you are suppose to learn how to stay fit and healthy, looks like it failed.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

City of Tampa posted:

for some reason I had gym class first period my senior year and I was like "nope" and just went to the library instead because I'm not gonna be all gross and sweaty all day, and even the principal was cool with it and I still passed the class lol that's how much of a real class gym is

how much do you weigh?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

City of Tampa posted:

Wish I had had this....you are a lucky son of a bitch. My gym class was some dickhead screaming at us for an hour.

For 5 loving years.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
What kind of lovely schools did you shut-in idiots go to. We played badminton, cricket, volleyball. It was fun. I can't remember a single individual who didn't enjoy playing dodgeball. There was also a unit in middle school where we followed Billy Blanks exercise tapes and it was hilarious. We had a butch gym teacher make all the boys play field hockey for six months

I had to drop out of gym though because my coach made us do the "strength and conditioning" class

edit:

H.H posted:

how much do you weigh?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
gym class ruled, dodgeball ruled

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Siva68 posted:

I want to hit you in the face with one of those red dodgeballs that I'm pretty sure have been banned for like 20 years. Those were the best.

dodgeball owned. it taught me the value of creatively using my resources, ie, using balls as shields until my victims became defenseless so that they could be pegged in the face and/or groin

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

City of Tampa posted:

That principal's line of thought

"Jesus this kid smells loving awful and there's no way he's showering here if he doesn't at home. I bet he'll never come inside my office again if I make him the library's problem instead."

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
haha gym class was awesome you nerds lmao

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

H.H posted:

how much do you weigh?

175 and I'm 6'0", I'm in pretty good shape I swim a lot and ride my bicycle every day. I wasn't fat in high school either.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Booblord Zagats posted:

That principal's line of thought

"Jesus this kid smells loving awful and there's no way he's showering here if he doesn't at home. I bet he'll never come inside my office again if I make him the library's problem instead."

you showered in high school gym class?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

gym class owned especially when we played cool poo poo like badminton and floor hockey. our roided up gym teacher let the guys body check each other into the padding underneath the basketball hoops during hockey.

also lmao if you didnt try to spike the volleyball at girls who weren't paying attention. that one made me a hit with the ladiez

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
hey guys you know what sucks being outside and running around playing sports yeah lets all grow up to be fat computer janitors - gbs

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

walgreenslatino posted:

What kind of lovely schools did you shut-in idiots go to. We played badminton, cricket, volleyball. It was fun. I can't remember a single individual who didn't enjoy playing dodgeball. There was also a unit in middle school where we followed Billy Blanks exercise tapes and it was hilarious. We had a butch gym teacher make all the boys play field hockey for six months

I had to drop out of gym though because my coach made us do the "strength and conditioning" class

edit:

middle school was like this but high school gym was horrible, it was all running and aerobics outdoors in Florida while the teacher just hosed off. All the gym teachers at my high school were like this

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm remembering the guys who slowly walked the entire mile for the president's physical fitness test and realizing, yup, I bet they're goons.

I got a signed certificate from George W Bush and a t shirt. What did you ladies get

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

City of Tampa posted:

175 and I'm 6'0", I'm in pretty good shape I swim a lot and ride my bicycle every day. I wasn't fat in high school either.

so you're one of the rare breed of goony as gently caress fit people?

hahaha I don't believe that

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

walgreenslatino posted:

I'm remembering the guys who slowly walked the entire mile for the president's physical fitness test and realizing, yup, I bet they're goons.

I got a signed certificate from George W Bush and a t shirt. What did you ladies get

i got two wars i didn't ask for and a destroyed economy

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

City of Tampa posted:

you showered in high school gym class?

After gym class we had a 15 minute period to hit the showers. They were single stall things like in a college dorm, but the hot water never seemed to last more than 2 minutes so you washed fast

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

H.H posted:

so you're one of the rare breed of goony as gently caress fit people?

hahaha I don't believe that

not all goons are fat, and you don;t have to be fat to be goony. I wouldn't say that I'm "fit" but I can hop on a bicycle right now and do 60 miles at a decent pace without dying

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Gym was the best loving class...

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cnut the Great posted:

i got two wars i didn't ask for and a destroyed economy

Those wars gave me free college, lol. Way to fold on a good hand

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Booblord Zagats posted:

After gym class we had a 15 minute period to hit the showers. They were single stall things like in a college dorm, but the hot water never seemed to last more than 2 minutes so you washed fast

our gym class was 30 minutes every day and usually the bell rang for the next class while we were changing, nobody showered and I don;t think we were even allowed to. Also they were those big one-room prison group showers so who would want to?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

My school arranged it so one term you had a choice of fun things like squash, basketball or badminton and the next it would be something boring and miserable like circuit training or aerobics.

religious education was the only other mandatory class you didn't get a qualification out of.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Gym should be the only class in America. I mean with the state of your education system I wouldn't be surprised if that's the only class you guys actually learn something in. Plus anything to get rid of the fatties

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

roymorrison posted:

hey guys you know what sucks being outside and running around playing sports yeah lets all grow up to be fat computer janitors - gbs

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

City of Tampa posted:

our gym class was 30 minutes every day and usually the bell rang for the next class while we were changing, nobody showered and I don;t think we were even allowed to. Also they were those big one-room prison group showers so who would want to?

thats what copious amounts of deodorant is for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

City of Tampa posted:

We had those in middle school. Kids would shower in swim suits more often than not. You didn't have to shower, but it was highly encouraged after you realized how bad running around playing football made you smell on a 90 degree day in Southern GA

• Locked thread