Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Darth123123 posted:

We had to square dance in gym. that sucked hard

hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Gym was cool but they only gave you like 2 mins between classes so there was never enough time to wash up and not smell like death

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I loved showering with the other boys

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

VendaGoat posted:

Gym class is for creepy as gently caress teacher and the male students to watch high school girls bounce and jiggle their way through jumping jacks.

See?

one day in gym class the teacher set up some kind of relay race, and you had to put on and pass an old red jersey when it was your turn. well that jersey got awfully full of static electricity being taken off over and over. so when it got to the girl who was going to pass it to me the jersey stuck to her normal tshirt and she took them both off by mistake! she wasnt wearing a bra :eyepop:

that was the day i saw my first real life boobie :D

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

City of Tampa posted:

you showered in high school gym class?

I, too, showered in gym class. It's where I learned there are both growers and showers. One big stall with about 6 shower heads. A kid a few years behind me got his scrot split open by a quick snap by an expertly rolled rat tail (tightly rolled, wet towel in case that's a regional name). I wasn't there but I talked to the teacher after I had joined the staff and he said it made him hurt just seeing it.

Today, the kids at the high school don't shower unless they opt to and usually only if they've been swimming. Most of them would rather come to class stinking than accidentally compare their dongs and have to have their parents either sue the corporation for mental anguish.

FYI, ultimate frisbee was the best game ever.

Darth123123 posted:

We had to square dance in gym. that sucked hard

We did too. Nothing like square dancing to a boombox in a dilapidated old gym that usually had standing water in spots. Luckily, it magically burnt to the ground the summer before we all moved to the new building.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 14, 2016

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Zzulu posted:

I loved showering with the other boys

Same :sissies:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i didnt go even when i had time, not because of my monster dilz but because i was fat and was worried they'd make fun of me

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i was kicked out of my 7th grade gym for the entire year because i kept hitting all glasses wearing kids in the face with dodge balls.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

City of Tampa posted:

Also they were those big one-room prison group showers so who would want to?

Generation Never Nude

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Snatch Duster posted:

i was kicked out of my 7th grade gym for the entire year because i kept hitting all glasses wearing kids in the face with dodge balls.

I wonder if they still do dodgeball in schools. Aren't schools all prissy now? I can't imagine them allowing that kind of gladitorial combat anymore.

https://youtu.be/C6ZS4xvWtwo

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My nephew's school still does, but they switched to nerf balls

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Booblord Zagats posted:

My nephew's school still does, but they switched to nerf balls

drat, that sucks. We used kickballs and they made a really satisfying hollow thwangy-thumpy sound when you pegged some poor fool.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Booblord Zagats posted:

"Guys I'm so intellectually superior than everyone else in school for being afraid of kickball and hiding out in the uncleaned shitters for an hour! It just shows how stupid girls are for calling me weak and stinky, lol"

Don't make a habit of quoting yourself

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I was a tiny wisp of a woman at 95 ish lbs. and a total dork. Even worse, I'm left handed and didn't play sports as a kid so I was super uncoordinated and didn't know how to play anything. Gym was hell

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Zahgaegun posted:

Generation Never Nude

i'm not prude but sorry, I'm not engaging in naked group activities with a bunch of dudes

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer

City of Tampa posted:

i'm not prude but sorry, I'm not engaging in naked group activities with a bunch of dudes

When the dude next to you asks you to "wash his back" for him you don't have to do it you know.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm not a prude but sorry, only God and the doctor who pulled me from my mother's bloody vagina will ever see me naked.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

I was a tiny wisp of a woman at 95 ish lbs. and a total dork. Even worse, I'm left handed and didn't play sports as a kid so I was super uncoordinated and didn't know how to play anything. Gym was hell

if your schools sucked as much as mine you could just huddle with the other exercise-adverse girls and talk about stuff and the gym teacher wont care because gym time is basically his/her break

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I took swimming lessons during my summers and got close to lifeguard certification (never wanted to take the actual lifeguard training), so I was exempt from all swimming in gym for middle and high school. :D

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 14, 2016

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm not a prude but sorry, that Hester Prynne was a slut

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nathilus posted:

I wonder if they still do dodgeball in schools. Aren't schools all prissy now? I can't imagine them allowing that kind of gladitorial combat anymore.

https://youtu.be/C6ZS4xvWtwo

lol i imagine gym class now is like separate sex yoga and talking about how to stay healthy. don't want to hurt anyone feelings.

also i just remembered i was let back into a dodgeball game because the male teacher (who turned out to be a pedo btw) decided to play with everyone. i drilled him in the face too because he wore glasses. That guy was p hosed up. he kept a playboy magazine from like the 60s in his office and claimed the cover girl was his mother.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Zahgaegun posted:

I'm not a prude but sorry, that Hester Prynne was a slut

sorry but group showers are unnecessary and creepy af, especially for children

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
There's some poetic justice in the OP of this thread having been banned by Shine

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zahgaegun posted:

When the dude next to you asks you to "wash his back" for him you don't have to do it you know.

That is a serious breech of unisex open showers etiquette. You wash that back.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Snatch Duster posted:

also i just remembered i was let back into a dodgeball game because the male teacher (who turned out to be a pedo btw) decided to play with everyone. i drilled him in the face too because he wore glasses. That guy was p hosed up. he kept a playboy magazine from like the 60s in his office and claimed the cover girl was his mother.

which somethingawful mod are you posting about?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

That is a serious breech of unisex open showers etiquette. You wash that back.

Well yeah - I know that and you know that but Tampa is afraid of someone seeing him naked so I was just pointing out that it's not like a law or anything.

Can I borrow some shampoo? Mine ran out. Thanks bud, how's your old man?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Let me relate this story to you OP, it should clear things up regarding HS gym, etc.

Got arrested at the mardi gras for jumpin on a float, my man MCA got a beard like a billygoat.

enjoy the rest of your day

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
it's important to keep your body in shape and exercise regularly to prevent sad brains and becoming fat which is correlated with all kinds of nasty things, OP

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

ultimate frisbee is the best game ever.

ftfy

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
ultimate frisbee is a game, but it sure as poo poo ain't exercise

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
i was a popular and athletic jock in hs but i couldn't take gym because i was also taking college courses off campus, basically i'm stronger, faster, better, more likable and smarter than you basically a better person than you OP by any metric of judgment.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
We had a section on juggling in freshman gym class

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the real question we should be asking is why does gym in school not accomplish its primary purpose of teaching kids exercise culture that is maintained throughout their life

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Hector Beerlioz posted:

we had a unicycle juggling class in middle school

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I live close to the Mexican border and gym class in middle and high school in the 90s was like HBO's Oz but with more latinos and slightly less sexual assault.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
hi gagelion it's been a while

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lichy posted:

the real question we should be asking is why does gym in school not accomplish its primary purpose of teaching kids exercise culture that is maintained throughout their life

American schools can't manage to do this with Math and Science, why should exercise be any different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I lived in northern Minnesota and we had a section on curling.

Walked over to the curling club and everything.

• Locked thread