Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Bardeh posted:

'arabic writing and note'

:sigh:

where are you seeing this reported

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

If I were him I would build a fort in the fabrics isle.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Helical Nightmares posted:

where are you seeing this reported

I heard it on the scanner. They found a note in his car. The guy is apparently Somalian, so it could just be a run of the mill suicide note/shopping list/whatever that happens to be written in Arabic if it's his native language.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
another reason to hate walmart

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

Bardeh posted:

I heard it on the scanner. They found a note in his car. The guy is apparently Somalian, so it could just be a run of the mill suicide note/shopping list/whatever that happens to be written in Arabic if it's his native language.

Theres a heavily Somali neighborhood right behind that walmart and I guess a lot of them work there. It could be true.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Do you think the pet fish they sell are safe? :ohdear:

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
WAIT! Does the color of his skin confirm all of my rigidly held beliefs?! I can't make any judgement until his race and religion are revealed and the suspense is killing me.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

guns guns guns guns guns guns GUNS

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I've been trying to watch Amarillo TV and listen to their radio stations and I'm hearing squat about it, so this is probably much ado about nothing. Their TV station had a very brief update saying that it was happening, but literally no other info.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

RedMage129 posted:

WAIT! Does the color of his skin confirm all of my rigidly held beliefs?! I can't make any judgement until his race and religion are revealed and the suspense is killing me.

apparently somali muslim so... did you expect it to be a black muslim?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

nice shot, swat guy

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bet he was fired over "food poisoning" and probably talking about killing people constantly

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i hope this doesnt affect wal marts everyday low prices and price match guarantee. :ohdear:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

symbolic posted:

i'm guessing it's a 30-something white dude this time

drat, swing and a miss. One day your racism will be validated.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Are you yelling me there isn't a single red blooded American, armed to the teeth will all manner of firearms, who's been waiting for YEARS to unleash freedom, in a Texas Wal-Mart?

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.

oh dope posted:

Are you yelling me there isn't a single red blooded American, armed to the teeth will all manner of firearms, who's been waiting for YEARS to unleash freedom, in a Texas Wal-Mart?

What's the Texas equivalent of Shoney's? They're probably all there. Y'all got Golden Corrals down there? It's dinner time, ain't nobody at Walmart right now.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
always nice to see immigrants trying to integrate with american culture

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Powercrazy posted:

drat, swing and a miss. One day your racism will be validated.
god bless america

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

Vacation Tenzin posted:

What's the Texas equivalent of Shoney's? They're probably all there. Y'all got Golden Corrals down there? It's dinner time, ain't nobody at Walmart right now.

Waffle house

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

Dude was an employee who got passed over for a promotion and got mad about it. He left the store, got a gun, came back and fired one round into the ceiling before grabbing the girl who got "his" promotion and the store manager and locking them all in the manager's office. Yup he was Somali but that doesn't mean much, lots of them were relocated here.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I hope the shooter is white that way we can hold him responsible for his actions instead of meeting excuse after excuse on why this wasnt his fault

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.
"Look at me. I am the Produce Manager now."

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

slinky triscuits posted:

Dude was an employee who got passed over for a promotion and got mad about it. He left the store, got a gun, came back and fired one round into the ceiling before grabbing the girl who got "his" promotion and the store manager and locking them all in the manager's office. Yup he was Somali but that doesn't mean much, lots of them were relocated here.

excellent, we can safely blame "toxic American masculinity" and deflect all blame from Islam treating women as subhuman chattel as a matter of course

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
mods

knew

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Vacation Tenzin posted:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

slinky triscuits posted:

Welp time to round up every whit cid het make in the county and execute them since they were directly responsible for this and not the gunman in any way shape or form

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Cantaloupe posted:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
poor guy, he didnt even manage to kill any white devils before they took him down.

kill whitey.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Cantaloupe posted:

:thurman:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Cantaloupe posted:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
:lol: if you care this much about your lovely job at Walmart.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Vacation Tenzin posted:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

:lol: if you care this much about your lovely job at Walmart.

plus, if I'm being completely honest, this seems like a really bad way to demonstrate that you'd have been/would be the superior choice for department manager

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
if you eliminated islam from the USA you'd eliminate islamic terrorism, it's a p simple solution to the problem

god bless texas

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014

LGD posted:

plus, if I'm being completely honest, this seems like a really bad way to demonstrate that you'd have been/would be the superior choice for department manager

He had to demonstrate his leadership skills in a crisis. It seemed expedient to make a crisis to work with.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Now that's a real go getter with upper management written all over him.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I hope everyone in amarillo dies. They all deserve it.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Vacation Tenzin posted:

Hahahah

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

this is more initiative than any walmart employee has ever demonstrated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

for the safety of our nation we must ban walmart

This would be the most morally justified action in America since the Civil Rights Movement imho.

• Locked thread