Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cnut
May 3, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nah, they're Alternately Housed.

Differently Aboded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Canadians aren't people

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Original_Z posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiteclay,_Nebraska

This town literally only exists to sell alcohol to natives since the nearby reservation is a dry zone. It's actually almost impressive in how blatant it is.

The reservation finally bit the bullet and legalized alcohol, though I don't think there's a liquor store on the reservation yet which is what's really needed to stem the carnage.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Don't go to Thunder Bay, especially if you are Native!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Why do natives keep falling into rivers?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Frosted Flake posted:

Why do natives keep falling into rivers?

No one knows. :iiam:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Three CBC reporters each investigate a different suspicious death of an Aboriginal Women: CLICK HERE TO LISTEN (will likely expire tomorrow evening, June 29th)

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol I was listening to a thing about this on CBC and the RCMP had a kid admit that he thought he'd killed one of the First Nations kids that was thrown in the river and the RCMP decided he wasn't credible and ruled it Not Murder/ Manslaughter

The lesson here is if you feel like killing someone, come to Canada and murder a First Nation's person. The loving cops will help you without being asked.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Airborne Viking posted:

When Canada became a nation, they signed a treaty saying that native bands get free funding from the government in exchange for most of the land. Status indians get nice things like free university (mostly), tax exemptions on reserves, and other random government benefits that would make a libertarian cream their pants.

What happened was the reserves became horribly mismanaged slums where corrupt chiefs hoard money and everyone else becomes drunk lazy criminals that take advantave of the system that Canadians pay for. Aboriginals account for about a quarter of all incarcerated Canadians, despite being about 4% of the population. The suicide rate is also six times higher than "normal". Canadians are sick of paying for natives to drink, do crimes, be lazy, receive government benefits that normal people don't get, and basically do nothing besides live of Canadian taxpayers.

Truth is, the system is massively misunderstood. Most natives are perfectly fine people, and many of them don't get the government benefits that most people expect them to get. But most reserves are slums (one has had a boil water advisory for 20 years), and the whole system breeds undereducated alcoholics that break poo poo, steal, murder, and Canadians are paying real money to keep the cycle going.
the common theme here is people with dark skin so im gonna say that theres the problem

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 29, 2016

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

lol I was listening to a thing about this on CBC and the RCMP had a kid admit that he thought he'd killed one of the First Nations kids that was thrown in the river and the RCMP decided he wasn't credible and ruled it Not Murder/ Manslaughter

The lesson here is if you feel like killing someone, come to Canada and murder a First Nation's person. The loving cops will help you without being asked.

The cops here are lovely and believe they are still fighting a war against the native savages

Every night I watch from my apartment the police helicopter that hovers over the North End with a huge spotlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fried Watermelon posted:

The cops here are lovely and believe they are still fighting a war against the native savages

Every night I watch from my apartment the police helicopter that hovers over the North End with a huge spotlight

That's barbaric. In civilized countries, like mine, police only do that to immigrant communities.

• Locked thread