Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m62G0kGSQv8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhhl6IdbqnM

Hell loving yeah!

Hope it really comes out on 12/6. And hope they fix the mechanics issues from the first game.

http://southpark.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/home/index.aspx

Preorders are up on amazon and BB.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Did they remove the Jew class?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Gonna skip the PC version as its all Uplay now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SweetBro posted:

Jews can't be superheros.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

SweetBro posted:

Why do you hate a minority group?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
So this game is apparently being made by Ubisoft San Francisco, which is the team that developed Rocksmith. I think that gives it a lot of potential, even if it isn't being made by Obsidian.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The ubi store has the deluxe editions of the game that comes with a Coon figure. You can also order the mysterion figure for $50:

At this point, those figures and versions aren't available elsewhere. loving lame.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Waltzing Along posted:

Jews can't be superheros.

Bullshit, Jews have the world's greatest superpower: money.

Also that class was stronk as gently caress in the first game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SweetBro posted:

Bullshit, Jews have the world's greatest superpower: money.

Also that class was stronk as gently caress in the first game.

Jews can be Human Kites.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ubisoft confirmed that the gold collectors edition w/ the cartman figure will only be available for preorder from their webstore. So gently caress em. Just buy from wootbear or another site:

http://wootbear.com/collections/pre-order

The SP stuff is down the page. PROFESSOR CHAOS FIGURE!! Also a bunch of other characters in 3 inch versions. Kinda pricey, but still cool.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
More promo stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV35n-DO2NA

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhPyIrDw9Cg

Nosulus Rift headset peripheral

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Well now.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Testable at Gamescom, for anyone going.

Also I'm a designer on the game, if anyone has any questions. I was also on the last SP game. I probably won't be able to answer much, considering.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

bilperkins2 posted:

Testable at Gamescom, for anyone going.

Also I'm a designer on the game, if anyone has any questions. I was also on the last SP game. I probably won't be able to answer much, considering.

Do you know why the deluxe version is only available from Ubi directly?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Waltzing Along posted:

Do you know why the deluxe version is only available from Ubi directly?

I do not, sorry. Developers usually have very little to do with the sales/distribution/marketing of a product.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What was your personal transition like from the first game to this one? Was there one? In other words, are you a direct Ubisoft employee, did you move from Obsidian to Ubi SF, or are you from South Park Digital?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Do you ever eat at Primo Patio?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Does working for ubisoft, even indirectly, leave you feeling dirty and in need of a shower?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Cavauro posted:

What was your personal transition like from the first game to this one? Was there one? In other words, are you a direct Ubisoft employee, did you move from Obsidian to Ubi SF, or are you from South Park Digital?

I was UbiSF on the first one so no transition, other than the transition from 3rd Party to Internal. We do have some ex-Obsidian and SPDS people on the team here internally, though.

Poil posted:

Does working for ubisoft, even indirectly, leave you feeling dirty and in need of a shower?

Hearing this constantly around the Internet does. I sure do love working my rear end off to make the best game I can, only to have the internet poo poo all over it because of something some other group that has nothing to do with ours did.

And what do you mean, even indirectly? The only people NOT directly working for Ubisoft on this game are South Park people.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Waltzing Along posted:

Ubisoft confirmed that the gold collectors edition w/ the cartman figure will only be available for preorder from their webstore. So gently caress em.

The Collector's Edition with The Coon figurine is currently up for preorder at https://www.game.co.uk for £89.99 on PS4 and XB1 and £79.99 for PC.
Deluxe Editions (lacking the figurine but with all other additional content) are also up for £54.99 on PS4 and XB1 and £59.99 for PC. Standard Editions are £49.99 for PS4 and XB1, £39.99 for PC.

They ship outside the UK but may not do so for the Collector's Edition.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-ka0Q8WDR4

and 15 minutes of gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzXFFEuJraE

edit: obviously spoilers from 15 minutes of the game

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

bilperkins2 posted:

New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-ka0Q8WDR4

and 15 minutes of gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzXFFEuJraE

edit: obviously spoilers from 15 minutes of the game

Looking at the first 15 min of gameplay video I'm really excited on the classes that weren't available yet in the demo (at 4:58 min in). Like what are the skills a Karate Kid and Commander going to get?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

BexGu posted:

Looking at the first 15 min of gameplay video I'm really excited on the classes that weren't available yet in the demo (at 4:58 min in). Like what are the skills a Karate Kid and Commander going to get?

I can't give specifics but some classes are for tank/taunt, some for causing debuffs, some for healing, some DPS, some clearing space, some more ranged, etc.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

bilperkins2 posted:

I can't give specifics but some classes are for tank/taunt, some for causing debuffs, some for healing, some DPS, some clearing space, some more ranged, etc.

I just want to know: If I play a Karata Kid will I get a a attack to specific hit some one in the balls?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

BexGu posted:

I just want to know: If I play a Karata Kid will I get a a attack to specific hit some one in the balls?

Sorry, can't say that :( Wish I could. Won't be long now!

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

bilperkins2 posted:

Sorry, can't say that :( Wish I could. Won't be long now!

Hows working under Matt and Trey (or vision if you haven't directly dealt with them)? Looking at the behind the scene videos and their lessons learned of the first game of what worked/didn't work they clearly have a idea of how to expand the games combat to be more interactive and engrossing than the first game.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

bilperkins2 posted:

Hearing this constantly around the Internet does. I sure do love working my rear end off to make the best game I can, only to have the internet poo poo all over it because of something some other group that has nothing to do with ours did.

And what do you mean, even indirectly? The only people NOT directly working for Ubisoft on this game are South Park people.

It was a joke; everyone around here really hates the "GRR! ME MAD AT PUBLISHER! *buys game anyways*" gamers with a sense of entitlement only Trump supporters can match. I honestly understand you are just a guy with a passion who does the best job he can in a demanding industry and I think others do.

I don't think you answered the "Is the Jew still a class?" question.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Justin Godscock posted:

No, you see the classes in the vid at one point, it's superhero archetypes now.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

BexGu posted:

Hows working under Matt and Trey (or vision if you haven't directly dealt with them)? Looking at the behind the scene videos and their lessons learned of the first game of what worked/didn't work they clearly have a idea of how to expand the games combat to be more interactive and engrossing than the first game.

M&T are great to work with, and we all have learned a lot of lessons from the last game that we can hopefully address in FBW. And yes, the whole vision of this game is Stick of Truth 2.0 in as many senses of the word as we can.

Justin Godscock posted:

It was a joke; everyone around here really hates the "GRR! ME MAD AT PUBLISHER! *buys game anyways*" gamers with a sense of entitlement only Trump supporters can match. I honestly understand you are just a guy with a passion who does the best job he can in a demanding industry and I think others do.

Sorry, I guess I'm a little defensive because I see it all the time and sarcasm tone is hard in writing.

The 15 min video shows the 12 classes, although that doesn't necessarily mean that there's no Jew jokes or that Class is the only identifier for your character. You are more than just a Speedster or Blaster in this game.

edit - and those are the 12 player-character classes, not any other character's class.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Game delayed until 3/31/17.

gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Waltzing Along posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Game delayed until 3/31/17.

gently caress gently caress gently caress.

I actually don't mind it too much. Stick of Truth's combat got repetitive, but damned if the story didn't keep topping itself until the end. Matt and Trey probably have more right to say "When it's done." than anyone else in the industry, right now.

It also pushes a Must Buy out of the holidays, which my wallet appreciates.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Delayed games are still better than rushed out games.

I am deeply ashamed how long it took me to get the game title. :cripes:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCp3Hr4Jyzk

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Delayed again. Woohoo!

Now set to release sometime between: April 2017 to March 2018. Uh...great.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Uhhh ok, a release window of a whole year? Real helpful there ubi.

Something must've gotten real hosed up. You think they were betting on Hillary winning the election in the game, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Naw. I was just being dramatic. They were trying to have it done by March, the last month of the Ubi fiscal year. They announced it was getting pushed to the next fiscal year without a date. I really doubt it is a year away, probably just a few months. I'm guessing Matt & Trey have some sort of leverage and can say no, it's not ready and make sure they approve of it when it goes gold.

• Locked thread