Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Cause no one watches those any ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
agreed

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
it is acceptable to have your phone out until the movie proper begins, afterwards you are being a rude and inconsiderate individual

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In communist Europe if you are seen to have your phone on during the movie the Secret Police can arrest you for attempted piracy and send you to the Gulag for 60days.

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine
in soviet russia preview watches YOU!!!

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you'll get no argument from me on this topic, op.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

paul_soccer10 posted:

you'll get no argument from me on this topic, op.

but what if I called you a gaywad but youre actually a heterosexual and that'd be very rude of me??

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
The Alamo won't kick you out for it, but I'll still give you nasty looks because you're a heathen child who can't sit still for ten minutes without instagramming your dick or whatever the gently caress you're doing. gently caress you, rear end in a top hat.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
half the time the previews are better than the movie you paid to see

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

but what if I called you a gaywad but youre actually a heterosexual and that'd be very rude of me??

i find no fault in this argument

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Just another reason to shell out a few extra bucks for the nice theater with the recliners and assigned seats.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
You can have your phone out whenever you want, because much like any other social norm, standards of polite filmviewing behavior are not mandatory

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I'll play with my phone whenever i want op. This is america which means i can do whatever the gently caress i want you got a problem with it??

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I never make it on time to movies so this is rarely a problem. I usually get in like 2 minutes before the proper movie starts.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Just kill yourself if you're such a phone addicted baby you can't sit through a two hour movie without looking at it.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

It's ok to have your phone out but the second you have your dick out people get all weird

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
In Florida I think it's legal to shoot somebody if they bother you while you play with your phone in a theater

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

cub posted:

hahaha oh wow.

*mallets a nearby watermelon*

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

RobattoJesus posted:

It's ok to have your phone out but the second you have your dick out people get all weird
If the person sitting behind you can see your dick out you deserve a medal though

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
how can you look at your phone if my balls are flopped onto the screen? riddle me that bartman

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
if you dont want people doing other poo poo or talking why go to the movies at all

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Ahundredbux posted:

if you dont want people doing other poo poo or talking why go to the movies at all

i like telling people to shut up

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
put your loving phone away, you addict

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]
What about during the tie in game trailer that has footage of the best parts of the film you're just about to watch?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah of course. Trailers are commercials it's OK to interrupt those.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

eric posted:

Just kill yourself if you're such a phone addicted baby you can't sit through a two hour movie without looking at it.
except this is about using it during the previews, not the actual movie, fuckstick

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

symbolic posted:

except this is about using it during the previews, not the actual movie, fuckstick

Yikes !!!!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
et phoned home during the movie, whay cant i?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I had some loving moron look at me like I'm literally Hitler because I had my phone out during the 10 minutes that the ads (like for tampons, not Twilight) were playing. I have better things to do than watch the stupid ads and so should you, rear end in a top hat!

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Ads and trailers can get pretty annoying, especially if you're there to see a long movie to begin with, so having your phone out is less "I can't sit still" and more "Please finish." As long as the phone is off by the final trailer or beginning of the actual movie, I personally don't care.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
If your screen brightness and your volume are turned all the way down, I don't give a gently caress if you text or surf.

People with colds or crying kids should be thrown out though. Same for too much talking.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Richard M Nixon posted:

The Alamo won't kick you out for it, but I'll still give you nasty looks because you're a heathen child who can't sit still for ten minutes without instagramming your dick or whatever the gently caress you're doing. gently caress you, rear end in a top hat.

I stick my foot out in the aisle to trip your loving walker old man

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I prowl the aisles with my phone's flashlight turned on looking for jerks who are on their phones during the feature presentation. When I find one I start jumping up and down and screaming and pointing my flashlight so the other movie patrons know how inconsiderate that person is. I'm not a hero, though - just doing my civic duty as a cinemaphile.

Connor the Conure
Jun 4, 2016

Spoiled to all hell
I think every theater should adopt the Alamo's policy.

And then publicly mock people who break that rule by turning their voicemail into a pre-show PSA for the audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

cub posted:

in soviet russia there is no preview :colbert:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

drat you Paul

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Connor the Conure posted:

I think every theater should adopt the Alamo's policy.

And then publicly mock people who break that rule by turning their voicemail into a pre-show PSA for the audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs

This rules. Drafthouse rules. It's pretty much the only place I go if I go to the movies.

Crinklepouch
May 30, 2016

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys.
Yeah man it's fine, the lights are usually still on during the previews anyway

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Why stop at the trailers? I use my phone during the entire movie. If Hollywood wants to compete for my atention, they need to make something that's more entertaining than candycrush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I think it's pretty lovely to have your phone out during previews but it's morally right to ignore mock and otherwise impede the commercials they play before movies.

• Locked thread