Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Windows 98 posted:

my computer is so powerful it runs Windows 196

Can it 3d print shovels, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Build it yourself, and if you want to make sure you get pieces that fit together then just plug your stuff into pcpartpicker.com

I have a gtx 770/970 (I forgot which one) and I'm still playing Witcher 3 on ultra with no fps drop or lag.

That site rules btw

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
My computer fits inside of a mason jar and the cpu thermal paste is herbal mustard. The hard drive has an amazing distressed patina that is just to ~die~ for. It runs a node.js script to auto-post selfies of itself to pinterest. The only major i/o is via old AOL floppy disks (remember those?) I have an artisinal gaming rig.

For sale $2300, may consider trade for 1st gen aeropress.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I need a gaming rig for slither.io

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

thathonkey posted:

I need a gaming rig for slither.io

im afraid the only answer here is to roll your own slither.io friend

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine
velocity micro is the place to be if you like good poo poo

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Distressed Patina is my drag name

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
mine is 'brown butter'

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

mine is 'bog butter'

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
.... Black Betty. . . (not racist. Not even cised.)

Edit: bam buh wham.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Windows 98 posted:

my computer is so powerful it runs Windows 196

something something shovelware

devil
Jul 14, 2012

No.

Arabidopsis
Apr 25, 2007
A model organism
Just make sure it has one of these so you don't have to physically switch discs when you want to go from quake to warcraft 2

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I built a new PC at the beginning of this year. I'm a loser AMD fan so I bought a FX-8350, but your plan to go with an i5 is good. I'd recommend a motherboard from either Gigabyte or Asus, EVGA is a good brand for graphics cards, and don't be a cheapskate on the power supply.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Too lazy to check all 3 pages but use pcpartpicker! I did just this past October and built myself a nifty little gaming pc!

Link for anyone interested: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/JcjQ7h

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

FuturePastNow posted:

I'm a loser AMD fan

Why? Not even joking I want to know the reason for your preference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

FuturePastNow posted:

I built a new PC at the beginning of this year. I'm a loser AMD fan so I bought a FX-8350, but your plan to go with an i5 is good. I'd recommend a motherboard from either Gigabyte or Asus, EVGA is a good brand for graphics cards, and don't be a cheapskate on the power supply.

Please check with SH HC

• Locked thread