Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

how hard is it really to lay some fuckin cable nerds? I mean, I'll dig the Fukin trench for you. I own a fuckin digger man. it's all rusty and poo poo but the hoses and grease and pneumatics and poo poo are stil good it just looks like a rusty piece of poo poo that's all. it's just a bit of fibre optics for fucks sake mates. how much does that ACTUALLY cost? 12c? 10c?

imagine being on a farm and being able to surf the information superhighway at blazing speeds whilst tilling your paddock in time for the next seasonal crop? amazing

so in summary: blazing speeds for rural folk too who also happen to help pay for the government investment in fibre roll out etc etc etc blah blah :byodood:IM A TAXPAYER AND MY NEEDS ARE TOTALLY BEING IGNORE:byodood:blah blah wank wank wank

what is this? the 20th century?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, and a little port, OP. some orange peel is nice too

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i live in a middle of nowhere village surrounded by farms and farmland

have you considered moving to the centre of the world and cradle of civilisation, western europe, instead of an island so insignificant it isn't even on maps?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

gently caress no lol europe but why is infrastructure so shi

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

gently caress no lol europe

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

well for one thing you can't even spell fiber

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
My parents had to put a 25 ft tower onto the barn to catch a 5Ghz signal off the neighbor's silo. The barn was built in the 1880s so as long as it doesn't collapse they can try to figure out which one is my twitter and send me racist emails.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

What spices are in mulled wine?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Captain Foo posted:

well for one thing you can't even spell fiber

:qq:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Salt Fish posted:

My parents had to put a 25 ft tower onto the barn to catch a 5Ghz signal off the neighbor's silo. The barn was built in the 1880s so as long as it doesn't collapse they can try to figure out which one is my twitter and send me racist emails.

could I build my own cell tower? legally? cos we don't have cell coverage here, but if I go just a few hundred meters away from the farm house bam full blown cell coverage so all I need is a tower or bounce or relay or some poo poo but Vodafone are assholes and won't build one

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

time to number 8 wire this bitch

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I will install it for u. I will put the 50000 mile fiber line from my house to yours and we can have a LAN party.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
if i had to live in the county again I'd build a wireless link to nearest real internet with a bunch of these https://www.ubnt.com/airfiber/airfiber5/
maybe even resell just enough to break even

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Peanut and the Gang posted:

I will install it for u. I will put the 50000 mile fiber line from my house to yours and we can have a LAN party.

:glomp:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Perplx posted:

if i had to live in the county again I'd build a wireless link to nearest real internet with a bunch of these https://www.ubnt.com/airfiber/airfiber5/
maybe even resell just enough to break even

I have two nano stations and two picos on the farm and they are loving awesome but rely on the lovely copper adsl connection to the main farm building

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't even have fibes at my place and I live in suburbia so good luck getting it before me

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

OP is a farmer.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

we've already had this thread moo cow

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

I don't even have fibes at my place and I live in suburbia so good luck getting it before me

there's fiber in auckland

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Auckland is so intensively undesirable it's literally
not even funny

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

OP I left New Zealand and now get gigabit fibre included in my rent for free

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
they use a cable plough these days

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

Auckland is so intensively undesirable it's literally
not even funny

it's the largest city and economic centre of your lovely sheep loving country

which means you live in an even more worthless part of an already worthless country mate

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

mishaq posted:

we've already had this thread moo cow

and yet my internet is still poo poo rear end

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

and yet my internet is still poo poo rear end

move in with some aussies mate, they've got the nbn and a better currency

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

and BUNDABERG

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my sister is married to an Aussie and she lives ver there and says that it is poo poo rear end and apparently the NZ 5 dollar note [the sir ed] was voted best note in the world but let's not turn this into some sort of NZ chat thread like echi's always do. there is a serious suggestion being made herehttps://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/27/new-zealands-stunning-5-note-named-best-banknote-of-the-year

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

mishaq posted:

worthless country mate

meh. I still like it.

I mean, we don't have to build walls, cos the South Pacific takes care of that for us.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
gettin 30/8 off my aids infected anroid google fi cell phone wifi hotspot-tether on a sprint tower in boston for some reason (usually tmob at home............................) so basically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNprYJNAzBs

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
how long did it take for you to buffer that video? you loving peice of poo poo!! hahahahaha LOADING LOADING LOADING. gently caress off.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Double Post (due to xteme internet speeds)

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

gettin 30/8 off my aids infected anroid google fi cell phone wifi hotspot-tether on a sprint tower in boston for some reason (usually tmob at home............................) so basically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNprYJNAzBs

why are you in boston smythe

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

meh. I still like it.

I mean, we don't have to build walls, cos the South Pacific takes care of that for us.

nz a fine country im just giving you poo poo

loved scuba diving in the poor knights

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

why are you in boston smythe

weding

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

nz a fine country im just giving you poo poo

loved scuba diving in the poor knights

i cant scuba due to bad sinus. lol. thats a FAIL

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

i cant scuba due to bad sinus. lol. thats a FAIL

that sucks man you're missing out

next time im in la long enough I wanna dive catalina island

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

that sucks man you're missing out

next time im in la long enough I wanna dive catalina island

Cold Water

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

Cold Water

it's the same as nz

cold water isn't that bad in a thick wet suit

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

is Boston rural? why is their internet rurally bad? they should sort of their network backbone infrastructure on the 4th layer of network TCP/IP .net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Rural Fail

• Locked thread