Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I swear I can hear the gainy delay on those.

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i know that when you made this post, it was because your snake got owned. goondolences friend

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

drat its like r2d2 and bb-8 hosed. pretty cool

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

MiracleWhale posted:

i know that when you made this post, it was because your snake got owned. goondolences friend

know that when thathonkey replies to this post, it will be because his snake got owned. please be gentle

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I was getting the ones in my car replaced because one didn't work and the guy said "I found these in the shop, they weren't in a box or anything" and I said "Yeah, put em in."

I normally would do it myself but the guy that stole my stereo and hosed up the speaker made a huge mess out of the wires that I didn't want to loving deal with

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I also have my computer speakers they are small

And a microcube amp

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Sheep-Goats posted:

I was getting the ones in my car replaced because one didn't work and the guy said "I found these in the shop, they weren't in a box or anything" and I said "Yeah, put em in."

I normally would do it myself but the guy that stole my stereo and hosed up the speaker made a huge mess out of the wires that I didn't want to loving deal with

the wiring on car stereos seems overly complicated to me even when it hasnt been borked up by a thief

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
He had cut off like a foot and a half of the wiring and I wasn't interested in putting on those little clamp connector things with my hands inside the dash while holding a flashlight in my teeth, so I got a quote for stereo installation on the phone and then showed up with that chop job and made them stick to their price lol

Fuken the Man 24/7/366 on leap year

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

MiracleWhale posted:

drat it you are exactly right actually i just died at like 12000

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Emperor 610 with eminence 10b and an emperor 612 with Webber gt75s

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
🐍🐍🐍 hssssssssssssssssssssssssssss 🐍🐍🐍

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

you snakey devil

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

This is what the old speaker sounded like before I got it replaced

SketchyNick
Oct 15, 2005
Right now im using a pair of JBL 4311 studio monitors that my idiot neighbor traded me for a cigarette. Worth $600 easy.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I dunno they just sound ampy :airquote: or whatever.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

I dunno they just sound ampy :airquote: or whatever.

dunno what that means buddo but i hope you found a cure for it in some other gear. sound can be kinda subjkective and depends also what kinda music or poo poo you push thru the speakers

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I inflate my stomach and colon with a nitrogen free gas.

I place two probes on my shaved nipples.

A servo-controlled electric motor powers a bass drum pedal which hits my engorged belly.

The noise of my screams intertwined with the pure sound of my hollow core is orgasmic.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

dunno what that means buddo but i hope you found a cure for it in some other gear. sound can be kinda subjkective and depends also what kinda music or poo poo you push thru the speakers

Oh maybe it's all the poop then. Oh yeah look the rv septic nozzle is loose on the back of these speakers, just jiggled it a little now it's fine. :shrug:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Homebuilt speakers are the best. For $500 in parts I have a system that you would needs to spend thousands on B&W or ProAc gear to compete with.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Jeff Sichoe posted:

I inflate my stomach and colon with a nitrogen free gas.

I place two probes on my shaved nipples.

A servo-controlled electric motor powers a bass drum pedal which hits my engorged belly.

The noise of my screams intertwined with the pure sound of my hollow core is orgasmic.

i want to try this. pm me

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
a 10 year old set of logitechs

bitch!!!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The_Franz posted:

Homebuilt speakers are the best. For $500 in parts I have a system that you would needs to spend thousands on B&W or ProAc gear to compete with.

Dork

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
luckily my dad for some reason blew a bunch of money on nice stereo equipment back in the 80s probably in an attempt to look cool because he barely knows anything about electornics or music for that matter and anyway now i have all of it and it still works

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
did he have that cool seat that u sat back in too?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

did he have that cool seat that u sat back in too?

you mean those egg chairs? those are dope

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

luckily my dad for some reason blew a bunch of money on nice stereo equipment back in the 80s probably in an attempt to look cool because he barely knows anything about electornics or music for that matter and anyway now i have all of it and it still works

I don't get the whole 5.1 thing. You could do a floating point with Dolby logic and 2 speakers in the 80s. :shrug:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
2.1 klipsch i cant ever turn them up because theyre too loud

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

I don't get the whole 5.1 thing. You could do a floating point with Dolby logic and 2 speakers in the 80s. :shrug:

it's a gimmick for idiots. all you need is 2 nice speakers and maaaybe a discrete sub. but probably not even.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

it's a gimmick for idiots. all you need is 2 nice speakers and maaaybe a discrete sub. but probably not even.

Eh there's more than one way to skin a cat. Most rooms don't support atomically perfect speaker placement or whatever.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

thathonkey posted:

it certainly doesn't seem worth the pain in the rear end of trying to run the wires around without making the room look ugly as gently caress

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

The_Franz posted:

:respek:

If you have a few basic woodworking tools and enjoy projects this is hands down the way to go. Replicating multi-thousand dollar speakers really just comes down to building a box with the correct internal volume, copying the crossover circuit with good quality parts (which aren't that expensive), and plopping in the right drivers (the actual round "speaker" parts with the magnets, which can be a little expensive but still nowhere near what you'd pay in a prebuilt cabinet). When you don't have to worry about all the R&D it's amazingly easy to make a $5000 pair of speakers for a few hundred bucks.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Hector Beerlioz posted:

An old pair from the long gone family Gateway computer

This. I got a Gateway in 1996, everything on the bastard has long since failed, but four computers later, I'm still using my crappy Gateway speakers. gently caress man, I could replace them but that's like, what, $19.95 plus tax? gently caress that, that's like ten 2-liters of Mountain Dew.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

Haha yeah sure, hey jivehonkey you should just run your amp in 2.1, then you'll have a valve.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i use special acoustic carpeting and my house has no windows because glass is death

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

industrial design courtesy of day of the tentacle

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

modern films are sound designed for 5.1 and 7.1, there are discrete channels of sound for all the speakers and some sounds are supposed to be behind you, or to phase from front to back or vice-versa.

its actually really cool and it makes a difference to me at least.

lots of people are totally fine just watching movies on thier phones, they dont "need" anything more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNzr6lfiHJE

• Locked thread