Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

I got some Pioneer SB22s hooked up to a Yamaha CR-400 receiver, they sound pretty alright for cheapo best buy speakers. I have a pair of Klipsh Forte IIs waiting for me once I get an apartment that's not smaller than the box they came in.

For my TV is just have some samsung soundbar, but hey, poo poo was free so I'm not complaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It must suck to be this poor

You might have to reinforce your floor, the pair is like 1300lbs total :monocle:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
be sure to buy two pair

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

error1 posted:

It must suck to be this poor

You might have to reinforce your floor, the pair is like 1300lbs total :monocle:

you would think for that much moolah they wouldnt be so loving ugly. man those things are eyesores

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
The speakers on my laptop are pretty high quality so I use them

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
deftech 8060's lr 8040 c and 4 deftech 80 sats

and

jbl 4328p 5.1

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

JiveHonky posted:

the first time i saw that movie i only saw half of it because my dad had rented it on VHS and we popped it in and i was digging it, but when it got to the torture scene he stopped the movie, ejected it and said something like "sorry we arent watching this trash"

Your dad sounds like a fag.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://www.diysoundgroup.com/home-theater-speakers/cinema-8.html

Build some of these seos waveguide diy kits and it'll compare to any boutique high dollar speaker out there.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Skeleton Ape posted:

Did you build the Fitzmaurice stuff yourself? I'm thinking of making a Tuba and am curious about peoples experiences.

As long as you take your time to understand the plans it's easy enough to do, and don't set a date to have them done by, you'll just stress and make mistakes. The builds were all simple enough and you'll learn tricks as you go to make the next ones better.

As for performance for the cost these things are pretty fantastic, you'll learn a lot about the physics of sound and how to set everything up properly. I just wish I could get them out more often because they sound so good!

Treman
Nov 12, 2008
Front: B&W 683 for stereo music
Center + Back: Random 150W large bricks for surround movies

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

I picked up a set of Bose 601 series 1's off Craigslist for $35, I think. They needed a good cleaning and to be refoamed. Spent :10bux: and 45 minutes and now they're great and I love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

FrankieGoes posted:

Your dad sounds like a fag.

dad gay. so what

• Locked thread