Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
my front 3 are JBL, Northridge series. my 2 rear surrounds are klipsch and my sub is a 12" forward-firing 300 watt Polk. its all powered by a Pioneer Elite reciever.

and i cant use any of that poo poo because i live in a condo with shared walls on both sides.

if i could use them it would sound pretty good tho

not my speakers but they are kinda like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
What kind of thread title do you got

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I use headphones. There's a soundbar under my tv and I have a vox amplifier.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I live in the US and our speaker is a guy with a sad puppy face who constantly tries to eat his own lips.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stereo black holes and plasma dawg.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

drunk dog posted:

What kind of thread title do you got

its in the thread title

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
15 year old panasonic bookshelf speakers and stereo, and the stereo is slowly dying.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I use headphones. There's a soundbar under my tv and I have a vox amplifier.

thats cool, i use headphones if im watching movies at night

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
An old pair from the long gone family Gateway computer

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
these are my surrounds, they look cool but they are cheap and dont sound so great all the time

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just get parabolic domes, any brand will work with your pioneer as long as you match the impedance. Klipsch are always going to be behind your amplifier and you are probably getting phasing issues and broken standing waves on guitars and poo poo.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 16, 2016

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

http://kahlaudio.com/products/infinity-intermezzo-4-1t-floorstanding-speakers-7000-msrp/

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Here are my speakers, they are pretty small

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Just get parabolic domes, any brand will work with your pioneer as long as you match the impedance. Klipsch are always going to be behind your amplifier and you are probably getting phasing issues and broken standing waves on guitars and poo poo.

i have had no problem with klipsch in the past i think these ones just dont sound great because they are like, the bottom of the line consumer ones and maybe they didnt qc them very carefully.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

mackie 3" media monitors. drat good sound for a couple of little guys.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JiveHonky posted:

i have had no problem with klipsch in the past i think these ones just dont sound great because they are like, the bottom of the line consumer ones and maybe they didnt qc them very carefully.

Klipsch just have a really cheap way of creating a 3D sound field. They just bottom out on standing waves. Alternatively you could get a cheap lovely amp and your rear surrounds would sound better.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

scott zoloft posted:

mackie 3" media monitors. drat good sound for a couple of little guys.

and they look pretty cool too

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
I need to get a speaker for my bike soon

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sennheiser? i barely knew'er!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
i keep a rolodex full of public speakers that i hire for any occasion. oh you mean liek the audio device? i just use subtitles. for music i just read the lyrics instead

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i know its a bit outdated but i still go with boehner

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i use a receiver to drive some old KEF C-series that are loving awesome speakers. here is a pic i stole off ebay (i have the bookshelf version of these so they're the same but a bit shorter):

i have headphones too but they're just grados nothing special nor is my receiver (some old 90s kenwood that wasnt great by 90s standards but is great by today's standards of audio quality jesus christ)

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

A long time ago there was a thread in the AV forum here about speaker building that inspired me to make a pair of these: http://rjbaudio.com/Microbe/microbe.html

They're small but mighty and when paired with a $120 12" Dayton sub they beat out my Andrew Jones Pioneer floorstanders.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i hate to be "that guy" home audio equipment has been getting progressively worse since the 70s-80s if you buy any modern poo poo when there is a plethora of cheap old audio equipment that is millions of times better just lol. just loving lol.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

thathonkey posted:

i hate to be "that guy" home audio equipment has been getting progressively worse since the 70s-80s if you buy any modern poo poo when there is a plethora of cheap old audio equipment that is millions of times better just lol. just loving lol.

Good speakers and amps will always be good, yeah. Sometimes you have to update the other stuff though.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah,, i got a bluetooth adapter for my sansui amp. hooks up via the RCA aux input. sounds great. works great. it was not expensive i don't recall but under $50

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Skeleton Ape posted:

A long time ago there was a thread in the AV forum here about speaker building that inspired me to make a pair of these: http://rjbaudio.com/Microbe/microbe.html

They're small but mighty and when paired with a $120 12" Dayton sub they beat out my Andrew Jones Pioneer floorstanders.

not too shabby! i always wanted to try speaker building but i have no space to work to do it and also i dont have a soldering gun nor even a basic understanding of circuit diagrams plus my thumbs were bitten off when i was attempting to rescue a toddler from an alligator

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

yeah,, i got a bluetooth adapter for my sansui amp. hooks up via the RCA aux input. sounds great. works great. it was not expensive i don't recall but under $50

i do love the way old stereo equip looks and sound i just never had any

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you need to get yourself a silverface:

can be had on craigslist for under $300 probably way cheaper if you're patient

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skeleton Ape posted:

"Ferrofluid" lol. :airquote: they are filled with blood.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

I have a small set from Teufel, believe it's called "Motiv 2" (or 3?). Very good stuff.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i have the us speaker of the house paul ryan chilling iout in my living room right now

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Iron Prince posted:

i have the us speaker of the house paul ryan chilling iout in my living room right now

how's the sound?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i just got some polk audio tower speakers that they had on sale like 50% off one time. i used to think they sucked but then i got a better amp and now i don't mind em

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

I swear I can hear the gainy delay on those.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Germstore posted:

how's the sound?
kind of annyoing. right now he is shouting about being out of "vape juice" whatever tthat means. i might call customer service to see if they can get a tech out here to look at that

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
I have 14 of these in every room in my house http://www.pcgamer.com/devialet-phantom-review-my-end-game-speaker/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

thathonkey posted:

I have the 2000 and it sounds great. I got it for $25 with a fried left channel. Fixed that for $100 with a good cleaning.

• Locked thread