Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
my front 3 are JBL, Northridge series. my 2 rear surrounds are klipsch and my sub is a 12" forward-firing 300 watt Polk. its all powered by a Pioneer Elite reciever.

and i cant use any of that poo poo because i live in a condo with shared walls on both sides.

if i could use them it would sound pretty good tho

not my speakers but they are kinda like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

drunk dog posted:

What kind of thread title do you got

its in the thread title

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I use headphones. There's a soundbar under my tv and I have a vox amplifier.

thats cool, i use headphones if im watching movies at night

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
these are my surrounds, they look cool but they are cheap and dont sound so great all the time

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Just get parabolic domes, any brand will work with your pioneer as long as you match the impedance. Klipsch are always going to be behind your amplifier and you are probably getting phasing issues and broken standing waves on guitars and poo poo.

i have had no problem with klipsch in the past i think these ones just dont sound great because they are like, the bottom of the line consumer ones and maybe they didnt qc them very carefully.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

scott zoloft posted:

mackie 3" media monitors. drat good sound for a couple of little guys.

and they look pretty cool too

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Skeleton Ape posted:

A long time ago there was a thread in the AV forum here about speaker building that inspired me to make a pair of these: http://rjbaudio.com/Microbe/microbe.html

They're small but mighty and when paired with a $120 12" Dayton sub they beat out my Andrew Jones Pioneer floorstanders.

not too shabby! i always wanted to try speaker building but i have no space to work to do it and also i dont have a soldering gun nor even a basic understanding of circuit diagrams plus my thumbs were bitten off when i was attempting to rescue a toddler from an alligator

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

yeah,, i got a bluetooth adapter for my sansui amp. hooks up via the RCA aux input. sounds great. works great. it was not expensive i don't recall but under $50

i do love the way old stereo equip looks and sound i just never had any

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

drat its like r2d2 and bb-8 hosed. pretty cool

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Sheep-Goats posted:

I was getting the ones in my car replaced because one didn't work and the guy said "I found these in the shop, they weren't in a box or anything" and I said "Yeah, put em in."

I normally would do it myself but the guy that stole my stereo and hosed up the speaker made a huge mess out of the wires that I didn't want to loving deal with

the wiring on car stereos seems overly complicated to me even when it hasnt been borked up by a thief

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

🐍🐍🐍 hssssssssssssssssssssssssssss 🐍🐍🐍

you snakey devil

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Jeff Sichoe posted:

I inflate my stomach and colon with a nitrogen free gas.

I place two probes on my shaved nipples.

A servo-controlled electric motor powers a bass drum pedal which hits my engorged belly.

The noise of my screams intertwined with the pure sound of my hollow core is orgasmic.

i want to try this. pm me

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

did he have that cool seat that u sat back in too?

you mean those egg chairs? those are dope

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

it's a gimmick for idiots. all you need is 2 nice speakers and maaaybe a discrete sub. but probably not even.

modern films are sound designed for 5.1 and 7.1, there are discrete channels of sound for all the speakers and some sounds are supposed to be behind you, or to phase from front to back or vice-versa.

its actually really cool and it makes a difference to me at least.

lots of people are totally fine just watching movies on thier phones, they dont "need" anything more.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Germstore posted:

ya only have two ears

and one vagina but we are talking about audio stuff

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
thats like saying "i only have two eyes, why would i care how far away something is" it makes no sense

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

7.1 always has a dead spot in the middle though.

i dont know about 7.1, i have never had that set up. i just know that a lot of blu rays have 7.1 soundtracks on them.

i'm happy with 5.1 for the foreseeable future

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Germstore posted:

I also do not keep extra tvs down the hall to render far away objects, namaste.

no, but if your tv screen had "surround information" that immersed you in a movie 360 degrees you are telling me that would be dumb because you would still only look forward.

you have never heard a sound behind you? really?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

MiracleWhale posted:

i would like 7.1 nude women to stand in formation around my la-z-boy and beat box the movie's soundtrack directly into my ears

you only have two eyes dude dont be obtuse

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

i don't look back, only forward. same goes for hearing.

some folks are just too stubborn to abandon tradition i guess

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

MiracleWhale posted:

luxury is not about practicality my friend

exactly :wink:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

You could do 14.1 with a toroid amp and make a perfect cube field of sound with hardly and bleed aside from reflections off stuff.

5.1 is a pretty standard HT setup its not like im some kind of wierdo over here

i mean i am weird as hell but for other reasons

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

everybody get a load of this FREAK with all of his weird speakers lmao

man whatever, get out of here with your two ears stereophonic listenin rear end

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

imagine headphones with more than 2 channels

now i dont know if you are being serious or what because that is definitely a thing that exists

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i'm telling you. the sound design on movies like Saving Private Ryan are intense. you hear the bullets whizzing past and explosions with a decent sub will make your neck hair stand up.

its really cool

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Maybe now is a good time to have a talk about hypernatural resolutions and heat death. :unsmith:

i havent heard of that is it available on blu ray?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Germstore posted:

How can the bullets whiz by when you don't have speakers to the side?

because the sound phases from front to back. its an illusion.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Germstore posted:

made possible by you having only two ears.

checkmate atheists.

remember when michael madsen tortured that cop in reservoir dogs? he was dancing around and cut the guys ears off with a straight razor...

that was pretty messed up

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
the first time i saw that movie i only saw half of it because my dad had rented it on VHS and we popped it in and i was digging it, but when it got to the torture scene he stopped the movie, ejected it and said something like "sorry we arent watching this trash"

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

i need an 8" sub that fires directly into my anus during the beach scene of saving p ryan or i cant get off

me and you are gonna watch the entire Harry Potter series on blu ray and everytime someone casts a spell i will throw glitter on you and fart in your face.

this is the future of home theater

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

d00kiemastah posted:

All the musicians I've met have poo poo speakers from Wal-Mart. But I know lots of people who don't play that can show me what Dark Side of the Moon sounds like in perfect clarity, in 8.1, after forty years of tinkering with it!

arent musicians mostly tatted up burnout drug addicts? they cant really afford home theater equipment

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

d00kiemastah posted:

Uhh no, haven't you seen TV? They're rich and their dicks fall out of their pants for fun. It's really kind of sad

their dicks fall out? pm me

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

marauderthirty posted:

I also live in a condo with shared walls on both sides

and they're both renters so gently caress em 7.1 blaze it erry day

i wish i had the balls to be like you but i'm all "concerned about disturbing people" like a spineless bitchboi

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

error1 posted:

It must suck to be this poor

You might have to reinforce your floor, the pair is like 1300lbs total :monocle:

you would think for that much moolah they wouldnt be so loving ugly. man those things are eyesores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

FrankieGoes posted:

Your dad sounds like a fag.

dad gay. so what

• Locked thread