Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Eat Bum Zen posted:

how the gently caress is he so fast

Karate

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Why have i never heard of him

Dunno. Been around for a while but this is the biggest fight of his career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I hope Wonderboy can do to Rory what he did to Hendricks

gently caress that was such a cool performance

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lloyd Boner posted:

I hope Wonderboy can do to Rory what he did to Hendricks

gently caress that was such a cool performance

I watched all of Rory's fights in three days and none of wonder boy so I'm going to say no

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

tumor looking batty posted:

I watched all of Rory's fights in three days and none of wonder boy so I'm going to say no

No one really expected him to gently caress up Bigg Rigg like that, but he did.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Stephen thompson is the lineal UFC champ becauae robbie robbed johny

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Sambo guys are cool

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i watched it again and it's amazing how powerless johny is to stop thompson absolutely kicking his rear end at every second in every position. it's just one of those fights where everything goes right for one guy like kharitonov/rizzo and as much as i hope i'm wrong i can't imagine him ever having a performance that good again.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Fight pass app wont let me stream prelims, it just asks me to sign in again

I hope the new ownership knows how to hire coders :ssj:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i watched it again and it's amazing how powerless johny is to stop thompson absolutely kicking his rear end at every second in every position. it's just one of those fights where everything goes right for one guy like kharitonov/rizzo and as much as i hope i'm wrong i can't imagine him ever having a performance that good again.

Yeah, also I think MacDonald is slightly more diverse than Johnny, so he's probably not going to be that thoroughly shut down.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Rory is going to be able to handle himself way better at range than Johny, the size difference alone should mean this fight will not look anywhere near that one sided.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Bas Rutten was right, Heel hooks don't work.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bluedeanie posted:

Rory is going to be able to handle himself way better at range than Johny, the size difference alone should mean this fight will not look anywhere near that one sided.

rory's going to handle himself much better everywhere, and win. just imo.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Man Ali tore this Herrera dude up in as dominating of a fashion as yiu could ask for

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sharzak posted:

Man Ali tore this Herrera dude up in as dominating of a fashion as yiu could ask for

I was just about to say, "Ali looks a little plodding and tentative" and then he just started hitting Herrera and didn't let up.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
so far Ali's demonstrative effective use of defense and de-fence :haw:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I will want Rory to win because he owns and is good

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Yeah as much of a Bigg Rigg fan as I am, there was basically nothing in that fight he did well.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I'm impressed with Herrera's ability to eat nasty shots left and right and still somehow be awake.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Anik doesn't announce the ring-girls' names and call them beautiful. Disrespectful, imo.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

rory's going to handle himself much better everywhere, and win. just imo.

I think so... but i dont know. It would be crazy if Stephen Thompson ran over Rory because it would mean he basically became the best WW fighter ever under everyones radar

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Hoooolyyyyy poo poo that escape

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

EmmyOk posted:

I will want Rory to win because he owns and is good

Counterpoint: Wonderboy is handsome, does sweet kicks and seems like a cool dude.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Ali was going to let his arm break

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Good cheating by Ali

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Like if Thompson somehow knocks out Rory which i dont think is impossible, he will have knockouts over Rory, Hendricks, and Ellenberger in his last 3 fights, wont have lost in over 4 years, and gotten KOs in 6 of 8 wins with 5 KO of the night bonuses

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Herrera loving sucks, Jesus Christ. Why didn't he throw any punches until the last ten seconds

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Despite being super one sideded that fight owned. Herrera has crazy sneaky submissions.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Ali should have tapped his arm is fuuuucked

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Counterpoint: Wonderboy is handsome, does sweet kicks and seems like a cool dude.

Why don't you marry his kicking game.

Miching Mallecho posted:

Ali was going to let his arm break

Some bad poo poo very nearly happened to his anatomy.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I wish fight Pass would load the fights onto my computer

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

manyak posted:

Like if Thompson somehow knocks out Rory which i dont think is impossible, he will have knockouts over Rory, Hendricks, and Ellenberger in his last 3 fights, wont have lost in over 4 years, and gotten KOs in 6 of 8 wins with 5 KO of the night bonuses

And will also have his kickboxing record to consider in the background. It would be a pretty insane list of accomplishments.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dan Didio posted:

Some bad poo poo very nearly happened to his anatomy.

Not nearly. Ali is completely hosed. He could barely stand up at the end and there's no way there isn't damage to his shoulder.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Not nearly. Ali is completely hosed. He could barely stand up at the end and there's no way there isn't damage to his shoulder.

Yeah. Worse poo poo, I meant.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

manyak posted:

I wish fight Pass would load the fights onto my computer

They just put out a new version so try a different browser you haven't used FP with

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

origami posted:

They just put out a new version so try a different browser you haven't used FP with

Thank u

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Dan Didio posted:

I've already consummated his fight vs Hendricks if that's what you're getting at.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This arena has like no loving ventilation and I managed to get a ticket in the highest possible area.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Another thing I won't miss about Rogan is his endless whining about ref standups

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I've already consummated his fight vs Hendricks if that's what you're getting at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Probably going to check out before the main. Can't stand this humid heat for 6 hours.

• Locked thread