Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I will do some Santeria poo poo, that sounds rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Cerebral Mayhem posted:

Are Muslims willing to show solidarity with Christians by observing Lent? How about solidarity with Jews by observing Hanukkah? Santeria practioners by sacrificing goats and chickens?

What would observing Hanukkah entail anyway? Giving your kids a bunch of crap gifts for a week?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Uhgggg.

I had to travel on business with a muslim during Ramadan a couple years ago. He was even more insufferable than usual and insisted on picking the restaurant each night because he "hadn't eaten all day" like gently caress you mother fucker you chose to do this.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Infidel Castro posted:

What would observing Hanukkah entail anyway? Giving your kids a bunch of crap gifts for a week?

Gambling with chocolate coins and silly little tops.

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows

Infidel Castro posted:

Lighting candles, playing with dreidels. It's all meaningless without belief. I show solidarity by respecting their right to practice their religion, as long as they respect my right to be left the gently caress out of it.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Boko Haram posted:

in fact i am farting for ramadan

twofive1 posted:

Boko Haram: farting for Ramadan.

Haier posted:

I'm farting for ramadan in solidarity with all the other farters.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I'm not fasting for Ramadan, I'm FARTING for Ramadan lol

Rah! posted:

hell yeah same i'm farting big time here, but I fart basically every second of the day by default, so it's not so much that i'm farting for ramadan, as ramadan is occurring while i fart

ps: i really did read the title as farting for ramadan and i really am farting (faertinge in old english) right now

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Also read this as farting for Ramadan

Answer to that is: Very Probable

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Read thread title as "Anyone else farting for Ramadan in solidarity?"

I am, but it's not anything to do with religious solidarity.

:911:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I came in to say that I would be farting (:D) for Ramadan instead of fasting when I see this display of excellency by my fellow Goons

God bless.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Germstore posted:

that does not sound correct

A lot of the seemingly sarcastic posts ITT are practically verbatim from a particular GBS thread years ago. Someone else find it I'm too lazy

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013
More like 'farting for Ramadan'

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013
'Farting for Ramadan', more like

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013
Sorry OP, I misread the 'fasting' in your title

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013
Misread it as 'farting', that is!

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

Zorodius posted:

Rivers of milk and honey, water and wine await you in Paradise

actually I don't think you're supposed to drink the wine though so maybe that's look-not-touch?

Seems like a poo poo deal.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
What about IV stuff for Ramadan ? It's not passing through your mouth

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Zorodius posted:

Rivers of milk and honey, water and wine await you in Paradise

actually I don't think you're supposed to drink the wine though so maybe that's look-not-touch?

Even worse ! It's that poo poo wine that doesn't get you drunk, like on Star Trek

Thanks Allah !

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Decebal posted:

What about IV stuff for Ramadan ? It's not passing through your mouth
modern medicine is haram

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Fasting for ramada inn

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Just posting to say that I'll be FARTING for Ramadan. Won't be fasting tho lol ... need the fuel to power my FART :D

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Just a friendly reminder that Israel has cut off water supplies to the West Bank during another hot summer Ramadan because 'gently caress Palestinians.'

Despite international treaties that the mountain aquifer and Jordan River water sources be shared 'equitably and reasonably,' the Israeli permit regime has prevented any significant water infrastructure being built on the Palestinian side and 21 years after the Oslo agreements Israel controls 87% of the water in the area.

quote:

Over 50 water and sanitation structures have been demolished by Israel since the beginning of 2016 already (more than in the entire 2015) on grounds that they were lacking the Israeli permits.

Please stop sending my tax dollars to support this thanks!

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTWESTBANKGAZA/Resources/WaterRestrictionsReport18Apr2009.pdf
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/06/israel-water-tool-dominate-palestinians-160619062531348.html

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Roylicious posted:

Just a friendly reminder that Israel has cut off water supplies to the West Bank during another hot summer Ramadan because 'gently caress Palestinians.'

Despite international treaties that the mountain aquifer and Jordan River water sources be shared 'equitably and reasonably,' the Israeli permit regime has prevented any significant water infrastructure being built on the Palestinian side and 21 years after the Oslo agreements Israel controls 87% of the water in the area.

Please stop sending my tax dollars to support this thanks!

Why don't the Palestinians just rise up and conquer the mountain aquifer ? Do they expect others to do the fighting for them ? Wow, their ancestors must be so embarrassed. Those guys fought and gave their lives and these guys just beg others to solve their problems. Shameful

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Decebal posted:

Why don't the Palestinians just rise up and conquer the mountain aquifer ? Do they expect others to do the fighting for them ? Wow, their ancestors must be so embarrassed. Those guys fought and gave their lives and these guys just beg others to solve their problems. Shameful

That would be terrorism :ironicat:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
not if they won

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol no, OP.

In fact, I'm doubling my food intake to offset at least one Muslim's fasting (the extra food is all pork-based of course).

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Roylicious posted:

That would be terrorism :ironicat:

Saladin is never associated with that term. Weird

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
butt chugging is not haram and does not violate Ramadan

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

No, I am not, op.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Wendigee posted:

Uhgggg.

I had to travel on business with a muslim during Ramadan a couple year2s ago. He was even more insufferable than usual and insisted on picking the restaurant each night because he "hadn't eaten all day" like gently caress you mother fucker you chose to do this.

This is really weird because 1) you're not supposed to get any sort of reward from fasting during ramadan, like the whole point is that you give up something in solidarity with the poor without expecting something in return and 2) every muslim I've ever met has been way cool about the whole thing. Your guy sounds like a grade A rear end in a top hat who doesn't "get" fasting.

But yeah unlike you dumb assholes I fart in solidarity all year, not just for a month.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
It's like they're just people at the end of the day and there's some raging douchebags as well as chill people and more or less most of them are in the middle somewhere just trying to get by.

Haha

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Roylicious posted:

It's like they're just people at the end of the day and there's some raging douchebags as well as chill people and more or less most of them are in the middle somewhere just trying to get by.

Haha

Maybe the truth is in the middle?

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Roylicious posted:

Why would Israel be supplying water to invaders, this is stupid.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

'Just a friendly reminder that-' *stops reading*

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

opus111 posted:

'Just a friendly reminder that-' *stops reading*

Crypto-Jew spotted

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why do they call it fasting if the day goes by so slow

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
how much fasting is required for gazelle eyed, obedient, large breasted, ghostly transparent to the marrow "companions" in paradise? I'm not into the young boys of perpetual freshness also on offer

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RaceBannon posted:

how much fasting is required for gazelle eyed, obedient, large breasted, ghostly transparent to the marrow "companions" in paradise? I'm not into the young boys of perpetual freshness also on offer

I don't think you have what it takes to be a true Muslim.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

fast fast fast, "gotta go fast", fast food, fast internet, fast cars and fast women are the order of the day.

how about instead of "fasting" we try slowing. as in slowing down to appreciate life before it speeds right by. slowing down to help a stranded motorist. slowing down to put a dollar in the cup of that poor homeless soul you speedwalk past on your way to work every morning.

something to think about

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mind. Blown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Indy posted:

Please tell me something that doesnt suck about being muslim?

You get like 12 slave wives but you get your head cut off if you listen to music so it's kind of a wash.

• Locked thread