Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

$9 a month (maybe going up to $10 for me later, not sure?) for Netflix seems like a good deal. I used it to replace cable and it's just peachy. I use my parent's cable login to watch sports stuff, but if I didn't have that there are other ways to get those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

thathonkey posted:

cord cutting is dumb as gently caress.

I don't see how that argument is plausible when millions of people do it and seem quite content. Your coworker seems to be clouding your judgement, most people I know don't have cable anymore, pay for one of Netflix/Hulu/Prime and love it. I would go as far as to say that if you don't like sports and make an average or below amount of money (a poo poo ton of people) then you would be stupid to not drop cable.

But that's quite enough of serious cable discussion for me!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Pawn 17 posted:

Comcast, at least where I live, does not let you buy anything but the slowest internet connection unless you bundle a cable package with it. So if you want fast internet, you can't cut cable. Fucks!

Well, that's dickishly smart of them I suppose.

I have just the standard Comcast internet right now ($30 a month for one year) and it seems to work just fine for all of my needs, but I would be pretty pissed if I needed better internet and had to get cable to get it. :argh:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I also forgot to say, since I don't have cable, when I don't feel like picking a show on netflix I end up just looking through the local antenna channels. The over night I ended up watching this episode of the Dick Cavett Show from 1979 that had Hank Aaron, Leo Durocher, and Mickey Mantle. It was the sort of random thing that's only on antenna tv and I never would have found it if I had cable.

Sometimes those weird channels that everyone makes fun of are actually the bee's knees!

• Locked thread