Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Muttonchips posted:

7.99 a month was bad enough, but 9.99? SERIOUSLY? That's comes out to almost $120 dollars a year! And for what?

For a bunch of subpar crap tier shows that nobody watches anyway? No thank you. I'm looking around. A bunch of cartoons that finished in 2015. A bunch of original movies which are awful just god awful. The one with Ricky Gervais was terrible. The one with Adam Sandler was awful. Terrible stand up comics. Quality has been taking a dive for the worse and I'm bailing out.

There are tons of better alternatives.

For example if I get Amazon Prime I can just pay $99 a year and I get fast shipping on TOP of that.

Sorry Mark Zuckerberg but your greed was one penny too much. No thank you. And good-bye.

First off all, maybe if you had any friends or family who loved you, you could share your login. You are allowed two screens at once and a bunch of logins, so that cuts the cost in half at least right there. And 5 bux is amazing for all the content they have on there.

Secondly, Amazon is complete poo poo in terms of what you get with Prime streaming. It's the most old, obscure and random crap you can imagine. You have to pay for anything good. Way worse than Netflix.

To conclude: You hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I'm never cancelling. DVDs mailed to my house in a prepaid envelope? I'm never cancelling that.

Did you actually take a time machine here from 2000?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't see how that argument is plausible when millions of people do it and seem quite content. Your coworker seems to be clouding your judgement, most people I know don't have cable anymore, pay for one of Netflix/Hulu/Prime and love it. I would go as far as to say that if you don't like sports and make an average or below amount of money (a poo poo ton of people) then you would be stupid to not drop cable.

But that's quite enough of serious cable discussion for me!

Comcast, at least where I live, does not let you buy anything but the slowest internet connection unless you bundle a cable package with it. So if you want fast internet, you can't cut cable. Fucks!

• Locked thread