Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

thathonkey posted:

one of my coworkers is really proud that he doesnt pay for cable anymore.

but he has hulu (95 yr), amazon prime (100 yr), netflix (120 yr), and every premium sports experience (league pass, mlb tv) which is probably $200 a year or something like that. plus $75/mo for internet. that comes out to about 1415$ a year. he is always begging people for their cable credentials so he can log in and watch something that requires a subscription too.

my comcast internet + cable tv package that includes HBO and a bunch of sports stuff that allows me to watch every local NFL, NBA, and MLB game i care about costs $120/mo (sometimes I can call and bitch and they put me on a promo that cuts it to like $99/mo or $1188 a year until it expires) or 1440 a year.

granted, i pay for amazon prime too mostly just to get shipping. i don't need the sports stuff because i can watch everything on my xfinity package (there would be blackouts for the local teams i care about anyway on MLB and NBA's offerings). i share a netflix account with my family so i dont have to pay for that in the event they have an exclusive they want to watch. the xfinity on demand library pretty much bests netflix and amazon prime anyway.

cord cutting is dumb as gently caress. it's only a matter of time before traditional cable companies are forced to go all digital and do a la carte packaging anyways. until then, might as well just keep cable unless you really only need one subscription service.

You watch too much poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread