Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013
How famous was OJ really was he like Kanye famous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

pricklypie posted:

In 1995 yeah he was all the rage

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

gnarlyhotep posted:

In 1995 yeah he was all the rage

because he killed his wife, that is

Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013
I ment before the whole murder thing that happened

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

pricklypie posted:

I ment before the whole murder thing that happened

No not really

then again I never paid attention to what was going on

he could have turned a butterscotch pudding into an attack helicopter and I wouldn't have had a clue about it

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

Summer vacation between 4th and 5th grade so either playing Sega/SNES or riding my bike around the neighborhood. Didn't really pay much attention to the OJ trial until the verdict was announced.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jive One posted:

Didn't really pay much attention to the OJ trial until the verdict was announced.

same

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Kuato posted:

The Knicks were choking against the piece of poo poo garbage team the Houston Rockets. Bunch of bullshit that crap team won back-to-back titles.

I was getting mad irl that they were interrupting the Finals for some stupid car chase with some hasbeen.

Now I care less about the NBA and I'm a better man for it.

I miss my Sonics :(

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

pricklypie posted:

Watch the ESPN OJ documentary. First episode explains his rise and he was mega popular and didn't frighten white people

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Anyone here remember where you were when Selina got shot?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

gnarlyhotep posted:

No not really

then again I never paid attention to what was going on

he could have turned a butterscotch pudding into an attack helicopter and I wouldn't have had a clue about it

He was a funny addition to the Naked Gun movies but that was about it

I remember hearing the Captain Janks prank call live on ABC and Al Michaels had to come on afterwards and explain the meaning of "Baba Booey", good times

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

pricklypie posted:

He was like famous football player famous

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

C. Everett Koop posted:

I was getting mad irl that they were interrupting the Finals for some stupid car chase with some hasbeen.

Same, those should've been our years. With present rules that team would've been pretty good

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Did any other countries cover the case?

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I miss everything about the OJ trial. What a time to be alive.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I was driving from LA to San Francisco when they were still just looking for him. I was really hoping I'd come across him but no such luck.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I had just figured out how to jerk off so I was mostly doing that for the next few years.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm a Knicks fan and that overshadowed the closest I've seen them win a title :negative:

Also I went to bed assuming he'd off himself, that was anticlimactic

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
lol I was old then too. I think I was at a friend of Rob's yard party. Somebody mentioned the OJ chase going but we couldn't all go inside (bitchy wife, kids, new carpet inside) so they set up a TV in the window and we got to pound the keg and watch that poo poo. Then drove home.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Champenema posted:

lol I was old then too. I think I was at a friend of Rob's yard party. Somebody mentioned the OJ chase going but we couldn't all go inside (bitchy wife, kids, new carpet inside) so they set up a TV in the window and we got to pound the keg and watch that poo poo. Then drove home.

hell yeah

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I was 3 dude

Captain Video
Apr 4, 2016
I was three years old and not a US resident odds are I neither knew about it nor gave a poo poo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
lotsa little bitch babby millenials itt

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I was 14 and followed every bit of the trial as I could, it was fascinating. Truly the best thing to happen in my lifetime except maybe 9/11, that was fun too

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
They were setting up a betting pool if OJ was going to use the gun. I should have got in on that; I knew he wouldn't. Little prima donna bitch he is.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Champenema posted:

Typical friend of Rob.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I remember watching the chase on the news while sitting around at a swim meet.

For the verdict, my physics teacher was taking bets in class.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I was 8 and watched the chase with my dad, who was trying really hard to explain things as best he could without mentioning things he didn't think I should hear. He really should have just said "they think he's a bad guy and he's running because he doesn't want to be treated like a bad guy."

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Can't remember what I was doing because it was the summer between 5th and 6th grades so I probably didn't give a gently caress, but to this day I still want a white early 90s Ford Bronco with a custom plate that reads "BLANCO".

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lot of millennial bitches outing themselves itt

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

That was the day Ms. Petrokov wore a really short skirt to class and sat on her desk reading the first chapter of some really long and boring novel for every one of the fifty five minutes of class. I recall sitting in the second row, enthralled by the view; one meant for all, stolen by me, frozen forever as a moment used for many boring afternoons and nights.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Now that poo poo was loving cool. That and the tank chase. Godbless southern ca.

Entertainment capital of the world, motherfuckers.

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

This thread just makes me sad for you guys who were grown rear end adults in the mid-90s. Fast forward to 2016 and you're taking baby aspirin for your heart and drinking a glass of wine a day for the anti-oxidants. You could feasibly die right now of natural causes and people would be like, "Yeah, well, makes sense hrm hrm he was 40-something". Please get your blood pressure checked middle age+ goons, I worry about you.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Sperghetti posted:

This thread just makes me sad for you guys who were grown rear end adults in the mid-90s. Fast forward to 2016 and you're taking baby aspirin for your heart and drinking a glass of wine a day for the anti-oxidants. You could feasibly die right now of natural causes and people would be like, "Yeah, well, makes sense hrm hrm he was 40-something". Please get your blood pressure checked middle age+ goons, I worry about you.

i dont think you do

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Wasnt david hasselhoff doing a comeback show or something?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Meskhenet posted:

Wasnt david hasselhoff doing a comeback show or something?

Yeah, something about him raising a son who liked to go to the arcade even though he wasn't supposed to

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
The Bronco was discontinued and replaced by the Escape. rly makes u think

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I remember being in the 3rd grade and the teachers took everyone into one classroom to watch the verdict. One of my classmates said, "Poor OJ," even though he was found not guilty, but maybe he knew this wasn't the end of his troubles.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
playing street fighter 2 :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Jubs posted:

What are your memories of the trial? What were you doing when the verdict was announced.

In a 4th grade classroom, watching it live. When the verdict was read the teachers covered their mouths in horror while and all the kids cheered.

Everything I know about the trial came from late-night talk show quips and SNL sketches. I knew referencing it was an easy way to make adults laugh even when I didn't understand the joke

• Locked thread