Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

je1 healthcare posted:

In a 4th grade classroom, watching it live. When the verdict was read the teachers covered their mouths in horror while and all the kids cheered.

Everything I know about the trial came from late-night talk show quips and SNL sketches. I knew referencing it was an easy way to make adults laugh even when I didn't understand the joke

it seems real fuckin' weird now to think we stopped class and the teacher brought in a TV like we were going to watch a nature video or something to see the verdict announced

the a/v-equipped classroom of the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Jukeboxblues posted:

playing street fighter 2 :)

That was three years old by that point. You and your philistinism never ceases to amaze and appall. :smuggo:

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I was in the Navy at the time so depending on when said stupid chase happened I was either playing some form of electronic game, watching a movie at the multiplex, working, or at the hobby game shop playing Warhammer 40k or Magic.

I don't think anyone on or off the ship gave a gently caress. To the point I honestly didn't even know about it all till like Fall 96.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
I was away from home when it happened and missed the whole thing. When I got back my family acted like the most amazing thing happened. I was thinking something like he'd escaped from the police and found the real killer while evading them. But they just said "He got in a white Bronco and went slowly down the road for a long time." I said "And?" but no, that was it. I've never been able to share in the fascination people have with it which I think is a good thing.

But I understand that people watched it because they didn't know what would happen and they had to keep watching because they didn't know when something might happen. Basically they were waiting for OJ to kill himself or get killed by the police, but neither of those things happened, so yeah it was all a waste of time.

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 19, 2016

kissing grandmas
Jun 10, 2013
wasn't born yet #millenial

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

je1 healthcare posted:

Everything I know about the trial came from late-night talk show quips and SNL sketches. I knew referencing it was an easy way to make adults laugh even when I didn't understand the joke

Murder is now legal in California.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
june 17th 1994, I was finishing 5th grade. It's a mid-june friday so it most likely may have been the final day of school for that year. My final day of 5th grade is specially notable for me because I was poop-machinegunned by a making GBS threads seagull along with my teacher.

So there's 95% chance that I was getting shat on by birds while this was happening.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I was in elementary school. In Canada.

They announced the verdict over the PA.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
prob being a normal 10 year old and finger blasting some chick

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
That chase owned. Most people didn't have cell phones but they still somehow made signs and got to freeway overpasses in time to watch it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bishop posted:

That chase owned. Most people didn't have cell phones but they still somehow made signs and got to freeway overpasses in time to watch it

drat there were still radios and payphones and poo poo it's not like motherfuckers were using smoke signals or telegraphs to communicate

HodjasBitch
Apr 24, 2003

Too bad you revealed what a huge asshole you are so early in the game.....I woulda put out.
Fun Shoe
I had been living in my apartment for 4 months when the chase happened. Watched the trial and verdict from home while giving myself IV treatments.

I'm old, and I've been living in this apartment since before OJ was a murderer, and before Cobain killed himself. I fear change.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Blue Train posted:

drat there were still radios and payphones and poo poo it's not like motherfuckers were using smoke signals or telegraphs to communicate
my point is that OJ had a flash mob supporting him before that was a thing

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
it was my birthday, i was seven, i was probably just chilling out being seven somewhere

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bishop posted:

my point is that OJ had a flash mob supporting him before that was a thing

everybody love the juice

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

it seems real fuckin' weird now to think we stopped class and the teacher brought in a TV like we were going to watch a nature video or something to see the verdict announced

the a/v-equipped classroom of the future

When I was in school we did something similar, but I think in part because of it being before everywhere internet access and whatever that they wanted to control the flow of information to the students to keep a rumor from spreading and a riot from starting. Radios were even banned in school, but there was probably a fear that someone would start a rumor about some crazy outcome of the trial and it blowing up later in the day as a result or that a few people with hidden radios would cause a panic with exaggerated or false information.

There's a part of me that wonders if we saw it live or it if was just recorded and getting played back just in case something shocking did happen they wouldn't have us see on it accident. I think that day we had the cops outside the school, so they were preparing for something in any case.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jubs posted:

Murder is now legal in California.

couldn't find this but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MejJPh6sky4&t=71s

man I miss norm in that seat

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

I was in a Sears watching that chase on tv because we were poor and it was the 90s so of course we were at loving Sears for some reason

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Maneki Neko posted:

I was in a Sears watching that chase on tv because we were poor and it was the 90s so of course we were at loving Sears for some reason

I don't understand at all why sears is still going except for olds who are loyal and appliance sales I guess they still do okay at

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Code Jockey posted:

I don't understand at all why sears is still going except for olds who are loyal and appliance sales I guess they still do okay at

cheap tools that come with a lifetime warranty

you wear your truck out making good on the warranty though

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I was working in a video rental store and one of our regulars came in talking about it and we were like, "WHAT? the cops are after OJ?" so we managed to turn our TV onto a live channel and watch the white bronco.

My Dad has his gall bladder removed that year and spent his recovery watching the trial.

pricklypie posted:

How famous was OJ really was he like Kanye famous?

He's more recently known for the Naked Gun movies but he was also a popular guest star on shows and TV movies through the 70s and 80s.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
I got home right when it was all starting. I'd left a tape in the VCR to record the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Relics" which I'd not seen to that point. (That's the one where they find Scotty trapped in a transporter beam in the wreckage of a ship that crash landed on a Dyson sphere.) When I saw the chase coverage I decided to use the rest of the tape taping the chase, since this was clearly something monumental that needed to be documented.

That decision was stupid but I still like that TNG episode.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Does anyone else just not give a poo poo about OJ?

The FX show was decent to watch but that's about it. Those Fuhrman tapes were wild, too. But drat how many documentaries and specials do we need on this poo poo?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Roylicious posted:

Does anyone else just not give a poo poo about OJ?

The FX show was decent to watch but that's about it. Those Fuhrman tapes were wild, too. But drat how many documentaries and specials do we need on this poo poo?

I don't know man I don't even own a tv :smug:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-stores-are-in-decline-2016-6

Still going is kind of a stretch

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did not yet exist

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would not be born for a number of years but I clearly remember it was one of the first things my white parents taught me about after I began speaking around 4 months

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

satanic splash-back posted:

That was the day Ms. Petrokov wore a really short skirt to class and sat on her desk reading the first chapter of some really long and boring novel for every one of the fifty five minutes of class. I recall sitting in the second row, enthralled by the view; one meant for all, stolen by me, frozen forever as a moment used for many boring afternoons and nights.

humbert humbert

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I had just been kicked out of college for not getting my grades up during the second semester of my freshman year. All I remember of the trial was that my grandparents watched CourtTV 24/7 pretty much during that time.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i never have one inch of a gently caress about any of this ever and i still dont

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Code Jockey posted:

couldn't find this but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MejJPh6sky4&t=71s

man I miss norm in that seat

Well, it is finally official. Murder is legal in the state of California.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LegoPirateNinja posted:

i never have one inch of a gently caress about any of this ever and i still dont

cool, LegoPirateNinja

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

LegoPirateNinja posted:

i never gave one inch of a gently caress about any of this ever and i still dont

same

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

nice work thank you

e. man I miss when SNL had balls

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

:laffo:

i'm going to see norm perform in september. :)

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
the hardest i have ever laughed at live tv:

https://youtu.be/2mhUIIhcTb8?t=7m52s

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

WaryWarren posted:

the hardest i have ever laughed at live tv:

https://youtu.be/2mhUIIhcTb8?t=7m52s

This whole performance is legendary, maaaaan there are some mad people in that crowd

I really hope this becomes a norm thread

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Code Jockey posted:

This whole performance is legendary, maaaaan there are some mad people in that crowd

I really hope this becomes a norm thread

It would be better than the OP by far

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I was in sixth grade homeroom, and said "no way" in class when the verdict was announced. then one of the african american kids stood up and shouted "WHO JUST SAID THAT"

that is my oj simpson memory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

gnarlyhotep posted:

It would be better than the OP by far

norm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL0WayC7jW0

• Locked thread