Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

JewKiller 3000 posted:

the bios that visibly counted up your memory before continuing to boot was the last time computers were any good

and the ticking sound. my goodness

what exactly was it doing with each increment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i remember my uncle giving me an engineering sample 486 which was twice as fast as my previous 486 and the RAM count was substantially faster

actually everything was noticeable and substantially faster. windows 95 was a bit sluggo on a 486-33 with 8MB of RAM lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

C.H.O.M.E posted:

i oncei once bought 4 american megatrends pentium III 1ghz computers for $100,000 a piece for a work co contract. in 2008z

nice. what kind of kickbacks did you get from the sales rep

• Locked thread