Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sorry for another late and half assed thread, but I worked today and was out with friends afterwards.

Voices of Wrestling has an excellent preview up here and Lanza and Kraetsch also covered it very well ontheir podcast (skip to 1:37:30 for the Dominion preview)

NJPW Dominion 6.19
Osaka-jo Hall
3:00 AM EDT/8:00 BST

TenCozy and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Jay White, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay
Togi Makabe, Yoshitatsu, and Captain New Japan vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Hangman (Adam) Page, Yujiro Takahashi)
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. L.I.J (SANADA and BUSHI)
Hirooki Goto vs. EVIL
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Championship Elimination Match:Matt Sydal and Ricochet(c) vs. reDRagon vs. RPG Vice vs. Young Bucks
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championhip:KUSHIDA(c) vs. Will Ospreay
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Championship:Guerillas of Destiny(c) vs. Briscoe Brothers
NEVER Openweight Championship:Yugi Nagata(c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata
IWGP IC Championship Ladder Match:Kenny Omega(c) vs. Michael Elgin
IWGP Heavyweight Championship:Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. Kazuchika Okada

What you consider that they're missing four of their top five pushed guys from last year at this time it's amazing how stacked this card is. All four of the top singles matches have the chance to deservedly end up in the MOTY thread.

The main event should be amazing(albeit marred with interference :sigh:) and the IC an interesting spectacle, but honestly I'm looking forward to the Jr and NEVER title matches more. I personally enjoyed KUSHIDA/Ospreay I more than Ospreay/Ricochet, and Shibata vs. the third gen guys has easily been one of the most entertaining and well booked feuds anywhere this year..

As a bonus a usually very hot Osaka crowd in the second largest building the company runs should definitely elevate the show. It's going to very interesting to see how they react to Naito after booing him consistently during his run as a face post injury comeback.

What's also cool is that I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see any of the title matches besides the main go either way, and that's unusual for a well booked NJPW show.

This seriously has card of the year potential on paper and if you're the type to only stay up or a handful of puro shows a year this is definitely one to try to make an attempt for. Take advantage of the early start and the weekend and enjoy!

Thauros fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So it's on in.... 3 hours?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

So it's on in.... 3 hours?

3:20 left before the main show and appparently the opening match (Jay White's last before his excursion!) will be on a half an hour before (2:30 EDT)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This show's starting, take advantage of the weekend and watch

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Anyone have a link for english commentary? ..is there english commentary this time?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

zrrgin posted:

Anyone have a link for english commentary? ..is there english commentary this time?

Nope. Why they didn't for this show when they did for a comparatively minor one idk

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Thauros posted:

Nope. Why they didn't for this show when they did for a comparatively minor one idk

That is a very odd choice. Oh well, it's the wrestling I care about.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonna have to catch the back half of this later unfortunately, I actually thought it was on tomorrow.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
just tuned in, assuming I just missed the jr. tag spotfest?

edit: oh sweet I didn't, interested in seeing what they do with the elimination rules

ParanoidInc fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jun 19, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Sanada really could've used that win.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If I had the day off tomorrow like I was going to I could stay up for this, but I took an extra shift because I'm a doormat so no staying up until 4 AM for me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Sanada really could've used that win.

I have a feeling he's going to be in the position Naito was in up until recently where he kept being put into matches where the only real benefit would come from him winning.... but he'd just keep on losing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
TAAAAACOOOOOOOOOOS

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This serves as YH's big win wi set up his G1 debut. SANADA will get revenge there

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Tacos won! :kimchi:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Goto and Evil beat the piss out of each other. Here comes flippy bullshit.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Young bucks wishing AJ luck tomorrow <3

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

KungFu Grip posted:

Goto and Evil beat the piss out of each other. Here comes flippy bullshit.

oh hey Vader I didn't know you posted here

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
The Young Bucks? Really?

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
why

why were they even in this match

why can't we have a normal championship match

why?

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
new japan books the jr. tag division with a 4-way RNG

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Waking up just before the Jr tag match was a good choice. And now this match should be awesome.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Rico's sadly prob on the way out

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
isn't Kushida supposed to be in the G1 this year? or do I just wish that was the case

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Osprey sure does scream a lot when he's selling.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

oh hey Vader I didn't know you posted here

the results tonight are why i dont care for the jr tag division

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if they told Ospreay to tone down the swearing. I haven't heard a single motherfucker from him.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

KungFu Grip posted:

the results tonight are why i dont care for the jr tag division

yeah the matches are fun but it's impossible to get invested in it when it's just the same cycle over and over

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
jeez I really hope ospreay takes some time off now, god knows he needs it from what he's been saying about his injuries

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

3.5 stars

Osprey seemed off

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I can't stop laughing at the Briscoes stupid leaf pants.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
this crowd got super quiet once this match started

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

this crowd got super quiet once this match started

Gaijins, man.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The beginning of this show was exactly what it needed to be but both Jr matches were kinda disappointing. KUSHIDA/Ospreay was good but that's underwhelming after ten first match. Should pick up for Shibata/Nagata

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

A few observant people have noticed that not only has Kidani arrived at ringside but that Shinya Aoki is sitting next to him

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
lookin forward to seeing shibata kick this old nerd's head off his shoulders

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Unless these final 3 matches take forever, this is going to be a pretty short show. Odd that they chose this one to do no English commentary for and to eliminate intermission.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

HAHA time for murder

E: Oh poo poo, Nagata is bringing the homies

Okuteru fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 19, 2016

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Shibata had to put Niagara to sleep to set up the PK, drat. I hope to God he's at BOLA this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
:lol: That skit to explain a ladder match was the funniest loving thing.

• Locked thread