Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be mad by those who could not hear the music.” -- Dancing and music is an analogy for feeling good and wanting to feel good, in my opinion.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Keg posted:

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be mad by those who could not hear the music.” -- Dancing and music is an analogy for feeling good and wanting to feel good, in my opinion.

not everyone wants to feel good

and that's okay

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
this is all correct. still enjoy it while it lasts.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Holds up a billion year old stone from an Icelandic plateau, "ultimately we're all just the blink of an eye so that gives us permission to do anything"

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

if you want to

if you don't want to enjoy if, then don't

cause poo poo is pointless

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

there is no actual perspective on the universe that human minds can conceive of that is accurate or correct so you should go jerk off into a cup and drink it

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

nobody is actually arguing itt though?

poo poo's pretty chill in here

cause nothing matters

i'm not going to tell you to calm don't because i don't care, but do your thing. we'll all be dead soon enough. hopefully.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Tuxedo Gin posted:

nobody is actually arguing itt though?

poo poo's pretty chill in here

cause nothing matters

i'm not going to tell you to calm don't because i don't care, but do your thing. we'll all be dead soon enough. hopefully.

maybe you should quote my post so i can't edit it unseen you turd raker

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

as I keep growing older, I see the myriad of exponential amount of decisions that factor into my life trajectory. It seems like for every decision I make, an infinite number of choices and possibilities close while an equally infinite number open. how do my decisions and life have meaning and significance when the possibilities are so endless?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Faffel posted:

maybe you should quote my post so i can't edit it unseen you turd raker

why

what's the point

who cares

eat my balls

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

how do my decisions and life have meaning and significance when the possibilities are so endless?

they don't

next question.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Keg posted:

Dancing is usually a metaphor for loving. HTH.

E:hahahaha best word filter. It's true.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 21, 2016

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Tuxedo Gin posted:

i long for death not because my life sucks, but because no life has meaning so what's the point?

If nothing has any meaning, then why would you long for death? Death means nothing, just like everything else.

The most true form of nihilism is to do nothing at all. No thinking, or even enjoying the feeling of your next breath as your body forces you to inhale.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

we're all made of stardust and it's not a beautiful thing

It's actually pretty cool that everything is made up of the remnants of various parts of a functionally infinite (from our perspective) universe that will one day stop existing.

Literally everything will be gone eventually, except for maybe some poo poo that we don't know about and can't comprehend...but maybe that will end too. I don't think it makes it any less impressive though.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Rah! posted:

If nothing has any meaning, then why would you long for death? Death means nothing, just like everything else.

The most true form of nihilism is to do nothing at all. No thinking, or even enjoying the feeling of your next breath as your body forces you to inhale.

It's actually pretty cool that everything is made up of the remnants of various parts of a functionally infinite (from our perspective) universe that will one day stop existing.

Literally everything will be gone eventually, except for maybe some poo poo that we don't know about and can't comprehend...but maybe that will end too. I don't think it makes it any less impressive though.

you're wrong about basically everything but i won't hold it against you because it doesn't matter and i don't care

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Tuxedo Gin posted:

you're wrong about basically everything but i won't hold it against you because it doesn't matter and i don't care

if you don't care, why did you respond

:smug:

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

because it's what i wanted to do

that doesn't mean i care

you remind me of the smart rear end 3rd graders i used to teach who would try to find little loopholes in everything teacher says to prove them wrong.

things are just things

it doesn't matter. there doesn't need to be an explanation for everything

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Tuxedo Gin posted:

because it's what i wanted to do

that doesn't mean i care

you remind me of the smart rear end 3rd graders i used to teach who would try to find little loopholes in everything teacher says to prove them wrong.

things are just things

it doesn't matter. there doesn't need to be an explanation for everything

if you want to do something, it means you care on some level

PS: your mom is a loophole

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i care about posting that's true

but i don't care about your posting

just my own

so i am posting

that doesn't mean it matters

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Nihilists are empty fucks who defiantly ask around in case someone's got a spare gently caress to give.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Hell Yeah posted:

lmao if you don't use drugs

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Faffel posted:

there is no actual perspective on the universe that human minds can conceive of that is accurate or correct so you should go jerk off into a cup and drink it

I'd say 'PM me' but let's be honest here ITT

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Sartre says meaning is created by what you do. I.e. if you yourself decide to go hike the AT or bike across the country then those things have meaning for you. Seems like a decent enough way to live.

Oh and be nice to people. It may be true that nothing matters but pain and suffering is real to the self, and there are 7 billion selves out there.

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Love is cruelty upon memory, and yet we watch helplessly as the wheel never stops turning our regrets upon our minds.
Existence is futile, and resistance is only energy wasted in struggle.

I am become one with the edge.

I am no longer on the path.

I have become the path.

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape
i was going to type something but its pointless

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

or don't, i don't care

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine

Keg posted:

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010

Smash it Smash hit posted:

lol op get wrecked

:agreed: :same:

:yeah:

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

phasmid posted:

Don't get me Sartred.

This is good and I am going to steal it thanks

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
what up

nothing.
nothing is up.
i welcome death's peaceful and numbing embrace.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I can't say I really fear death. Obviously dying will suck and I still have a very human desire to avoid harm. Nothingness likely awaits and I'm cool with that. If it's something else, I'm cool with that, too. Like, hell? Why should I be afraid of it? It can't hurt me here and heaven holds no rewards in this life.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Rah! posted:

Actually friend the truest and highest ideal of nihilism is basically enlightenment, hth

See also: Thus Spoke Zarathustra; LSD; just fuckin thinking about it u you dumbshit

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Smash it Smash hit posted:

lol op get wrecked

Context: The person on the left is trying to reconcile their feelings of doubt, grief, and hopelessness because the person on the right won't stop being a huge selfish prick. Hope this helps.

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Context: The person on the left is trying to reconcile their feelings of doubt, grief, and hopelessness because the person on the right won't stop being a huge selfish prick. Hope this helps.

sorry youre such a bitter bitch

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
If I didn't have weed to smoke and computer games to play I'd probably kill myself.

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine
i was talking to preachy-preach about kissy-kiss
he buy me a soda...
he buy me a soda and try to molest me in the parking lot
yup yup yup

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

cub posted:

i was talking to preachy-preach about kissy-kiss
he buy me a soda...
he buy me a soda and try to molest me in the parking lot
yup yup yup

is this tennyson or eliot

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

when i start to feel the void of ennui opening underneath me i like to jerk off my penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Nah, dude on the right is just thetan free.

• Locked thread