Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Halman posted:

Kamille don't give a gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFrejlT4_9w

Jerid doesn't deserve any fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wonder how getting the titular MS will work here, considering MS levels. Will the Mk-II's levels just pass on to the Zeta?

Also I see you unlocked Char's story. Is the Zeong playable there? Because that'd explain why the boss Zeong was so much smaller and lamer than what the Zeong actually was in the show.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also I see you unlocked Char's story. Is the Zeong playable there? Because that'd explain why the boss Zeong was so much smaller and lamer than what the Zeong actually was in the show.

No. It is playable in the other games in the series,though.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

You'd still be alive if you'd stayed home!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

AradoBalanga posted:

Loran Cehack and the Turn-A are pretty much the only representation from that show in this game. He does get an Original Mode story guest starring Puru Two and Emma Sheen, however.

In DWG2 and after, it gets a lot better because GYM GHINGHAM is added. If you put him and Loran on the same team, he spends every battle treating Loran like a little murder-brother, or hitting on him if you dress him up as Laura. :allears:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
why are the space bots and the earf bots mixed together now

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

Well,since the Titans are an EEEEEEEVIL branch of the Federation,they just started using Zeon-style Mobile Suits for no other reason than "they're the bad guys". The GMs and other Feddie units are just that,the actual Federation Forces.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Wow, I don't remember Zeta Gundam's plot at all, lol

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

While the Titans are Super Duper EvilTM, they realized that Zeon had some very effective mobile suit designs like the Zaku, and decided to co-opt them for their ranks. That said, this period of the Universal Century was more "Can we shove a transformation mechanism up its butt for no reason? Yes? Rev up them production lines!" and a slow increase in overall mobile suits heights. We'll see this more with the ZZ, aka Judau's Majestic Flying Brick.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
sounds dumb

maybe that's why they keep dying all the time??? a thought.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

sounds dumb

maybe that's why they keep dying all the time??? a thought.

Nah. It's because the average Mook in a Gundam series has the life expectancy of a Stormtrooper.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

AradoBalanga posted:

the ZZ, aka Judau's Majestic Flying Brick.

in my opinion, the best mobile suit in the game.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

While the Titans are Super Duper EvilTM, they realized that Zeon had some very effective mobile suit designs like the Zaku, and decided to co-opt them for their ranks. That said, this period of the Universal Century was more "Can we shove a transformation mechanism up its butt for no reason? Yes? Rev up them production lines!" and a slow increase in overall mobile suits heights. We'll see this more with the ZZ, aka Judau's Majestic Flying Brick.

Didn't' they shove all the transformation stuff into Zeta because of how popular Macross got with it's own transforming mecha?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Hunter Noventa posted:

Didn't' they shove all the transformation stuff into Zeta because of how popular Macross got with it's own transforming mecha?

Not really sure, there are 3 years between the two series (Macross was 82, Zeta was 85). And Timono doesn't seem to be the type to just blatantly rip off the genre like that.

Admittedly Zeta has probably my favorite mobile suit, the Hyaku Shiki. The other two that are in my top three are the Kampfer (which is partly due to Journey to Jaburo the PS2 game), and the Ifrit (Ifreet? Iflyte? The suit from the Side Story Blue Destiny).

Admittedly the Hyaku Shiki in this game is basically Sun Ce...

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Calax posted:

Not really sure, there are 3 years between the two series (Macross was 82, Zeta was 85). And Timono doesn't seem to be the type to just blatantly rip off the genre like that.

Admittedly Zeta has probably my favorite mobile suit, the Hyaku Shiki. The other two that are in my top three are the Kampfer (which is partly due to Journey to Jaburo the PS2 game), and the Ifrit (Ifreet? Iflyte? The suit from the Side Story Blue Destiny).

Admittedly the Hyaku Shiki in this game is basically Sun Ce...

The Kämpfer is really bad rear end. It also makes me wonder why mech-sized shotguns are not more of a thing in Gundam, given how close-quarters some of the fighting gets

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Shotguns came back into style when Char built the Sazabi and gave it a beam shotgun.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Shotguns came back into style when Char built the Sazabi and gave it a beam shotgun.

I thought the Sazabi was an Anaheim produced model. Unless MaHQ has been lying to me.

Kerris
Jul 12, 2006
Don't you fucking dare compliment a woman's voice on the forums, you fucking creepy stalker.
Is friendly fire on all the time, or is it a bit inconsistently applied?

EDIT: Never mind, for some reason I thought the GMs were meant to be on your side in #5.

Kerris fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 28, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Kerris posted:

Is friendly fire on all the time, or is it a bit inconsistently applied?

Is friendly fire a thing? If it is, I hadn't noticed.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Another pointless death!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Oh,yeah,Haman-a real piece of work,that one. One of my favorite characters from Zeta,honestly. Kinda disappointed that she's the only female Gundam villain who is neither a lackey nor incompetent. :sigh:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Now Kamille is squeamish about murder. :nallears:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Oh neat, two Mouso LPs.

While I love Dynasty Warriors (if you couldn't tell from my Avatar), I've never been excited for the tie-in games. This is mostly because I'm just not a fan of the properties they're based on. In some cases it's admittedly hypocritical-watching the videos, I disliked the Voice Acting, and yet Dynasty Warriors is infamous for bad English VA and I wouldn't have it any other way (Cow-Cow).

On the other hand, the upcoming Beserk game looks metal as gently caress and may break the trend for me.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 28, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

Oh neat, two Mouso LPs.

While I love Dynasty Warriors (if you couldn't tell from my Avatar), I've never been excited for the tie-in games. This is mostly because I'm just not a fan of the properties they're based on. In some cases it's admittedly hypocritical-watching the videos, I disliked the Voice Acting, and yet Dynasty Warriors is infamous for bad English VA and I wouldn't have it any other way (Cow-Pee).

On the other hand, the upcoming Beserk game looks metal as gently caress and may break the trend for me.

Fixed that for you.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh, so you don't keep anything in changing MS. That's kind of lame, but I guess I get it.

Are level-ups saved at least? Because if so at least Judau starts with a levelled-up Zeta.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

Oh neat, two Mouso LPs.

There's another one somewhere?

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Kinda disappointed that she's the only female Gundam villain who is neither a lackey nor incompetent. :sigh:

Katejina Loos is also in this game! Or at least in DWG2, I've played both and I don't remember if she was in 2 exclusively or in 1 as well.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

RubricMarine posted:

Katejina Loos is also in this game! Or at least in DWG2, I've played both and I don't remember if she was in 2 exclusively or in 1 as well.

Isn't she technically Kylo Ren Chronicle Asher's lackey? Then again,it's been a while since I watched Victory,so I honestly don't know.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

VolticSurge posted:

Isn't she technically Kylo Ren Chronicle Asher's lackey? Then again,it's been a while since I watched Victory,so I honestly don't know.

Given that it's a series based around military conflict, isn't everyone someone else's lackey by default?

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

Oh neat, two Mouso LPs.

While I love Dynasty Warriors (if you couldn't tell from my Avatar), I've never been excited for the tie-in games. This is mostly because I'm just not a fan of the properties they're based on. In some cases it's admittedly hypocritical-watching the videos, I disliked the Voice Acting, and yet Dynasty Warriors is infamous for bad English VA and I wouldn't have it any other way (Cow-Cow).

What's the other LP?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

warhammer651 posted:

What's the other LP?
Likely the Hyrule Warriors LP.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

Well....(Victory spoilers)Katejina starts off as a civilian who knows Uso through some vague manner and works with him early on. Then, Chronicle tries to do a spy mission on Earth around episode 10 or 11, nabs Katejina and takes her to the Zanscare military. When we see her again some time later, she's joined up with Zanscare and working under Chronicle's command. However, she's noticeably changed a bit and seems more manipulative than before. And way more violent, as a bunch of deaths in the show are on Katejina's own hands. Ultimately, she basically gets Chronicle wrapped around her finger and essentially pits him and Uso in a fight so she can finally get a big strong man to protect her and take care of her. No really, Victory has some...interesting opinions on the female cast. Chronicle loses and dies in one of the most hilarious deaths in the show, and Katejina ultimately is defeated by Uso and left as a blind hobo wandering the Earth. Mostly because Tomino felt that death was too much of a mercy for her and could not bring himself to kill Katejina off.

I should mention that Victory Gundam was made while Tomino was: suffering from his largest known bout of depression, going through a bad divorce, dealing with Sunrise and Bandai merging (he was very much opposed to this), and his daughter running away from home. The fact he managed to get out a 51 episode series under these conditions is amazing.

Fun fact: Said daughter that ran away from home? She ultimately made up with her father and helped choreograph Gundam Reconguista's eyecatch dances.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

Oh neat, two Mouso LPs.

Every time I see that Avatar it makes me laugh.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Go back to where the women are!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Go back to where the women are!

What is that meant to mean, Kamille, you weird piece of poo poo?

That mission certainly looked tough. I do like that you can avoid Emma's canon death and get a good ending, although I'd probably just get the normal one because I'm not putting that much effort into Kamille.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Probably that they would still be alive if they had stayed at home :sun:

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Blaze Dragon posted:

That mission certainly looked tough. I do like that you can avoid Emma's canon death and get a good ending, although I'd probably just get the normal one because I'm not putting that much effort into Kamille.

It is probably in relation to what would have been canon story wise where pretty much all the women in Zeta Gundam are dead minus a handful so I guess it is a rather poorly translated way of telling him to die and go to the afterlife where the women are. I think maybe something like go to hell would have worked better.

Also very impressive on that mission GamesAreSupernice I never even tried to change anything I had enough to do just keeping the mission critical stuff alive then again I was only a kid back when I played this.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I love Scirocco's response. "The women...?" Like even he isn't sure what the gently caress Kamille's talking about.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yoshiyuki Tomino writes very..."unique" character dialogue for his characters. You kind of get used to it as you watch his works.

As for an attempt at an explanation, I believe that Kamille is kind of referring to what's powering up the Zeta Gundam during the cutscene: the souls of Reccoa, Emma, and two people that do not appear in this game, Four Murasame and Rosamia Badam. The latter two were Cyber Newtypes employed by the Titans, with Four and Kamille developing a small relationship during the Hong Kong arc of the show. Both are dead by this point in both the series and movie compilations, for the record, hence the "go to where the women are" line (i.e., the afterlife). Basically, Kamille is telling Scirocco to gently caress off and die in one of the most obtuse and roundabout ways possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I watched the entirety of Zeta and I still couldn't understand that line, I forgot the actual context and here it makes no sense. Four doesn't appear at all (which is weird since she's a really major character to just cut from the storyline), both Reccoa and Emma survived, and the whole thing is just so compressed it makes no sense, jesus.

It's still a dumb line even with context though, but...Tomino. And it comes after the Zeta reveals itself to be able to eat people's souls for power (okay, that was shown earlier, but it's clarified at this point) which is the weirdest out of nowhere power I've seen in a Gundam, even after 00.

• Locked thread