Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015

OMGVBFLOL posted:

probably whatever kind are in folsom lake

I posted earlier a (in my opinion) good, cheap setup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Apparently there are smallmouth and largemouth bass, also perch.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BONGHITZ posted:

Take a spear with a stick of dynamite tied to one end.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
After 4 days of fishing up nothing but lovely perch and crappie from this bullshit manmade pond I managed to hook a 17" smallmouth bass with nothing but a small hook and a tiny piece of worm.

Felt pretty good.

LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015

BONGHITZ posted:

Strike king spinner baits, jigs, and plastics will work

LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

After 4 days of fishing up nothing but lovely perch and crappie from this bullshit manmade pond I managed to hook a 17" smallmouth bass with nothing but a small hook and a tiny piece of worm.

Felt pretty good.

Nice. :cheers:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

What is the difference between a large and a small mouth bass?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

BONGHITZ posted:

What is the difference between a large and a small mouth bass?

aside from the mouth which also ends a bit closer to the eye, largemouth get bigger, are generally more common in most areas w/ bass, and the quickest way to identify them is to just learn the different patterns on their scales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015

extra stout posted:

aside from the mouth which also ends a bit closer to the eye, largemouth get bigger, are generally more common in most areas w/ bass, and the quickest way to identify them is to just learn the different patterns on their scales

Also, in my experience, largemouth are less finicky about lure selection, but both are fun to catch

• Locked thread