Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Looking into getting into kayak fishing. Any tips or things I should be concerned about?

New to kayaking, not to fishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

bongwizzard posted:

Buy a simple used kayak from a good brand. Don't jump into getting a tricked out fishing kayak right away. You will always want a loaner/beater down the road. Find a local forum and read it all. Before you buy any boat, really think about how you will store and transport it, if it is too much of a pain you are less likely to use it. Buy a fishing specific pfd and fill the pockets with gear so you are never tempted to go without it. Accept that you will loose a rig at some point.

Where are you located? Your choice of boat is really dependent on where you will be fishing.

Delaware area, so I have the Chesapeake bay and lots of inlets/streams to choose from. Also ponds at state parks, stuff like that.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Yeah, I'll probably fart around at Lums Pond or Killens Pond if I'm feeling adventurous, then go from there.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Went out and caught a bunch of bluegill and perch. General panfish, nothing fancy. Nothing was big enough to keep, but it was fun getting back into the swing of things after a few years of neglecting the hobby.

Managed to hook a snapping turtle right in the face, though. Felt pretty bad about it.

Tiny baby fish:

Wrath of the Bitch King fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 5, 2016

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

After 4 days of fishing up nothing but lovely perch and crappie from this bullshit manmade pond I managed to hook a 17" smallmouth bass with nothing but a small hook and a tiny piece of worm.

Felt pretty good.

• Locked thread