Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Corey is a veritable wordsmith... I mean, it's outstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Jesus Nicole, Corey is a Grade A idiot.

AND TOTALLY NOT GAY!

Edit: Ooooo, bad look Frank... baaaad look.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 11, 2016

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Thank GOD they're finally giving Frank an honest edit! He's so trashy.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Britt Burns posted:

Thank GOD they're finally giving Frank an honest edit! He's so trashy.
He is way too comfortable this season and so Frank's true colors are showing.

Last time around he was always on the block so this side couldn't ever come out.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Daaaaaaamn James!

You go, Shon!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The Falling of Franklin Tower is strong with this edit.

Too bad, it won't happen this week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hate Bridgette a little bit. "Sorry I nominated you, don't hate me, want some Cheetos?"

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I appreciate that in place of a personality, Corey has become the "lol Christmas" guy for callback jokes when that holiday is mentioned.

I don't think Frank's game is totally dead, as it's still dependent upon those dead set on getting him out to win something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Frank's got enemies but they actually make up half the house at best. Frank can definitely salvage this if the next couple of HOH/Roadkills go towards him and his allies. Or just people with a vested interest in eliminating someone else, like say the guys who are dwindling in numbers.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Frank's biggest strength is that his enemies seem to be useless and can have their games blown up just as big or bigger then his.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its more that everyone's playing a pretty dirty game just like Frank, most of them just aren't exposed yet.

Its why Tiffany's probably in hot water even though she's sitting next to 2 non-8 Packers/Fatal Fivers. All the 8 Pack/Fatal Five people are worried Tiffany can spill their secrets or Frank can if he finds out they've kept her. So she might become a casualty to them covering their asses.

And if they cover their asses enough they can give Frank more openings.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

While I've always liked that Big Brother being edited during the same time it's airing means that it's hard to read "the edit" (like how it's often possible to tell on Survivor if someone is getting eliminated if they suddenly get a bunch of confessionals after 5 episodes of being invisible, or that certain people won't get anywhere close to final tribal), there are definitely some downsides if the editors gently caress up. The biggest one is easily when they try to portray someone as being less of a complete rear end in a top hat than they actually are, because it constantly blows up in their faces. Some people are awful, just show it.

After 8 episodes of showing Frank in an absurdly positive light, it's a catastrophic failure on behalf of the editors to be forced to put in a "oh btw Frank is a piece of poo poo, and has been the whole time" supercut because it's become relevant to the game strategically.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I think it's more that they treat the TV show as the place where competitions, evictions and storylines happen. If people want to know the exact details then they can get the feeds or follow jokers, but on the show they want the clips to be a solid narrative that pays off. Without Frank being on the block or going home, it's hard to just put random clips in there to show he's being a snake. They probably feel like it will confuse their audience if they give clips on events that aren't affecting the current week's eviction or drama. I don't 100% agree with all that, but I feel like that is what happens more than them trying to cover up for a favorite.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, its not that much of an issue of bad editing. Honestly, it all happened pretty fast in the house. Frank really did go from house hero to house zero in a matter of days.

He'd been gradually increasing the statements and the women of the house seemed to be suffering in silence. Like, 2 or 3 days before that rear end slap no one was really talking about Frank being a pig. The dam just sort of broke all at once with that Day incident. There's maybe one or two other moments in the 48 hours proceeding it but nothing that changes the story a ton (he slapped Z's rear end a day or two before and she was annoyed by it, but nowhere near Day's reaction). It really did sort of come out of nowhere where one day everyone was laughing at Frank and the next day a woman said "I'm sick of the stuff he says to me" and then every other woman started agreeing like they had been holding it back.

Its really a testament to the peer pressure and power dynamics in the Big Brother house. No one said anything bad about Frank because he was in power and everyone was kind of scared to say something. But once people started they realized they all felt the same way. And there goes his power.

The biggest missing piece is really the bad editing they did on Tiffany when they made her seem paranoid and melodramatic. Really what happened was that Frank yelled at her a couple of times and she yelled back, cried, and called him a chauvinistic pig. That's what led to Frank wanting her out, not any BS the show tried to feed about her being paranoid. She was the first person to react to Frank's behavior and now everyone else is on board.

But that disconnect is pretty true to the house dynamics because no one took Tiffany's side against Frank and no one's really connected the two things and said "you know, Tiffany was right."

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Arcanen posted:

After 8 episodes of showing Frank in an absurdly positive light, it's a catastrophic failure on behalf of the editors to be forced to put in a "oh btw Frank is a piece of poo poo, and has been the whole time" supercut because it's become relevant to the game strategically.
The first week of broadcasts which equated to two real weeks of house time is always a sort of rush job to get some storyboards laid out there. There was no mention of Natalie and Victor hooking up and divorcing before the feeds even lit up and it doesn't really matter now because Victor bounced.

Frank's dickish behavior escalation has more to do with Frank sitting in a golden untouchable position for the last 3 HOHs. The exact timeline to the average viewer might be a little bit blurred but what's important is that it is out there and not buried like Evel Dick's entire season was.

Now that is has been addressed and Frank had a confessional about the rear end-slap he's well aware he's on notice publically.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I don't understand why all these people are protecting Frank.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Because they're all somehow dumber than he is. BB doesn't have the same IQ requirements as Survivor.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Does Bridgette have serious daddy issues or something? Her relationship with Frank is creeping me out.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Binary Logic posted:

I don't understand why all these people are protecting Frank.

Bridgette's actions just now... I don't even >_<

Bronte has provided some serious laughs this episode though, with the big reveal about her job/aspirations (that no one cared about), and changing while asking James about roadkill. She seems a lot more clued in than most of the people in the house, but really had a bad initial hand that she's still paying for (especially given how roadkill makes it so difficult for minority alliances to do anything).

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Oh. My God. How can Bridgette be THIS bad at the game? That... That just can't be possible. :psyduck:

"By the way, I lied to your face and put your best friend up."
"Because you knew that she was safe?"
"... yeah."
"Cool!"
"Also, I did the same thing to you that one time."
"Wow, you're like my secret weapon!" :downs:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Although if Bridgette is playing Frank, it's masterful.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
To be fair to Frank, all the options he had for his week one post-POV roadkill were really lovely.

Then again, Frank was actually playing well during week one, save for telling anybody he'd won Roadkill (why do any of these dummies think that's a good idea?).

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Binary Logic posted:

Although if Bridgette is playing Frank, it's masterful.

Unlikely, as there would be a DR with her basically saying this. Isn't she also a nurse? How are the two nurses in the house among the dumbest, most gullible people in the cast? I thought you had to be relatively smart to be a nurse. But I guess they also managed to cast the mathematician who couldn't win a basic addition based comp.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

But I guess they also managed to cast the mathematician who couldn't win a basic addition based comp.

Being a good mathematician doesn't require being good at arithmetic. Many prominent mathematicians are in fact quite awful at mental arithmetic.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bridgette was all "I'm so angry Bronte is up" and "how dare Paulie mess with my HOH" when she though it was him. So there's really no excuse for her not caring when she found it was Frank. If she was playing him and was angry there'd be a DR. She's just Frank's willing puppet and she looks like a fool on national tv for it. Reality show karmic justice exists to get her evicted for it.

Either that or she's putting on a show with this wheel Spy Girls thing and is really playing a ruthless game. In which case she'd be dumb not to admit it since pretending like she's true to the girls just turns her into the Christine.

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009
This season is turning out to be really rough on those of us who like the cute girl-next-door type. Bridgette and Nicole are both just awful.

Ironically, the woman who I assumed would be really stuck up and insufferable (Natalie) seems like the real sweetheart of BB.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah Bridgette isn't being masterful, just dumb. She will go up next to Frank when they come for Frank, and then he will win the veto and she will go home.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So, the difference between doctors and nurses is that doctors diagnose and nurses treat. So they do have to memorize and learn a lot, but the job doesn't really involved critical thinking.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Machine posted:

So, the difference between doctors and nurses is that doctors diagnose and nurses treat. So they do have to memorize and learn a lot, but the job doesn't really involved critical thinking.

I watched Nurse Jackie and cannot disagree with you more :colbert:

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Lost Canyoneer posted:

This season is turning out to be really rough on those of us who like the cute girl-next-door type. Bridgette and Nicole are both just awful.

Ironically, the woman who I assumed would be really stuck up and insufferable (Natalie) seems like the real sweetheart of BB.

My problem with Bridgette is that her cutesy girl-next-door act is incredibly fake and it actually makes me rage. I keep waiting for a DR that reveals she's using it as an act to pull some poo poo, but its really striking me that she's doing it to become America's sweetheart-- and its backfiring wildly with a lot of watchers.

I agree, I have been really surprised by Natalie... the first Natalie on the show I don't despise. She seems grounded and kind. I hope it remains that way.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Is there a popularity chart like there was on previous seasons?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

ToastyPotato posted:

The fall of Nicole and rise of Paul

E: Corey with the most boring results, fitting

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.

ToastyPotato posted:

Unlikely, as there would be a DR with her basically saying this. Isn't she also a nurse? How are the two nurses in the house among the dumbest, most gullible people in the cast? I thought you had to be relatively smart to be a nurse. But I guess they also managed to cast the mathematician who couldn't win a basic addition based comp.

Well, nurses and mathematicians are all kinds of people with their own individual weaknesses and personal issues, like any other group. And I guess there are different kinds of intelligence.

I remember I really liked Nicole in her first season, but I agreed with her when she said in the first episode of this season that she kind of messed up the first time by being distracted by a boy. I guess that's one of her weaknesses?

ToastyPotato posted:

You might be thinking of the Jokers Updates HG ratings: http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/pages/ratebbhg.php

James, Da'Vonne, and Natalie are on top right now.

Edit: beaten.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Frank hit rock bottom! And he was top 2! Glorious. I like that Frank is now less popular than someone who has been gone for 2 weeks. Also happy to see Bridgette falling.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eltoasto posted:

The fall of Nicole and rise of Paul

ToastyPotato posted:

Frank hit rock bottom! And he was top 2! Glorious. I like that Frank is now less popular than someone who has been gone for 2 weeks. Also happy to see Bridgette falling.

Not my image, but still hilarious.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Turbl posted:

Does Bridgette have serious daddy issues or something? Her relationship with Frank is creeping me out.
Yeah she went from a boring "sweet and innocent" to "treat me like dirt please I like it actually" last night. It was almost upsetting to watch. James talking to Natalie over the phone however was :3:.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah she went from a boring "sweet and innocent" to "treat me like dirt please I like it actually" last night. It was almost upsetting to watch. James talking to Natalie over the phone however was :3:.

"Thank you for spraining my ankle and ruining any chance I have at winning comps that have a physical component for the next few weeks".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Now, in fairness, she's equally to blame for engaging with Frank's Chilltown cosplaying. You can't really blame Frank for that.

Just like she's ultimately to blame for letting Frank treat her like a doormat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WHO WE VOTING OUT!?

America's Favorite Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する