Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Keep looking, men!. He must be around here somewhere; he left his boots on the couch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

The classified avionics in modern military jets are what get me hottest of all, OP. Well, they might. The non-classified ones get me half mast and the classified ones will probably put my dick into enough orbit that it snaps in two like a tower to the heavens. Just a blood-spewing half-dick stuck in low earth orbit until it disintegrates from cosmic radiation.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Serious Frolicking posted:

those are flares

Yeah, the erotic fan dance of military aviation. Hot.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Tectonis posted:

Please tell me what novel or series this is from so I can read the poo poo out of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Damned_Trilogy

Kinda dry but it isn't bad.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

Is there like, a chemical gas that, when inhaled, causes women's breasts to enlarge? That would probably give me a hard-on, OP.

And I just bet Japan is working on this.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Faffel posted:

The classified avionics in modern military jets are what get me hottest of all, OP. Well, they might. The non-classified ones get me half mast and the classified ones will probably put my dick into enough orbit that it snaps in two like a tower to the heavens. Just a blood-spewing half-dick stuck in low earth orbit until it disintegrates from cosmic radiation.

Post some of those classified blueprints so we can have a wank too. It's ok because it's among Americans. It's not treason then, so no laws would be broken.

Also, look at this thing ! Nuclear ? Sucks that you can't have a chat with your driver buddy. Communists hate fun I guess

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Decebal posted:

Greeks knew how to make some sexy weapons and armor. Look at this swarthy, bearded dude !!

Mycenaean swords are so elegant. No wonder Troy got hosed up. You can't fight this kind of style

Seriously, any helmet not based on the Etruscan or Corinthian helmet can just gently caress right off.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
Gonna go with nuclear weapons here. I have framed pictures of atomic weapons tests on the walls of my house, no joke. Those explosions are like manifestations of the concept of "war"

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Decebal posted:

Post some of those classified blueprints so we can have a wank too. It's ok because it's among Americans. It's not treason then, so no laws would be broken.

I don't actually know about any classified avionics. But if they're better than what's declassified, they're a goddamn rock hard boner. The F35 is a piece of poo poo, but the sensor integration and data collation stuff in that is loving insane. The things that were in the F16 by 2000 were loving insane. It's not that impressive cuz it doesn't go boom, but its definitely some sci-fi technology bullshit.

There are so many cool missiles and bombs for jets I wouldn't even know where to start. The Maverick-H in Force Correlate that can supposedly put a missile through a specific window? The HARM that can strike a SAM site from up to 80 miles away? It all owns. CBU-105's are these awesome cluster bombs that spin rapidly spewing several dozen bomblets in all directions, and each bomblet has its own sensor that uses IR(?) to guide it onto vehicles.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 21, 2016

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Some indian armor. These guys had style too

and the side :)

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Decebal posted:

Also, look at this thing ! Nuclear ? Sucks that you can't have a chat with your driver buddy. Communists hate fun I guess

Haha this thing just screams Soviet engineering. Russia never changes.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

notZaar posted:

Haha this thing just screams Soviet engineering. Russia never changes.

counterpoint

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

the MiG-29 is just drat fine looking for a soviet airplane; how did that happen

still waiting on that answer

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

The Soviets had a bunch of gorgeous designs, they are just also very functional. The Foxbat looks fuckin' sweet, the Fagot looks amazing, the Frogfoot is a brutalist beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpPSPQq7oas&t=221s

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Wasn't the MIG-29 literally just "copy F-16, but use two engines" ?

Not that that doesn't sound like a kick-rear end idea, of course.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Maoist Pussy posted:

Wasn't the MIG-29 literally just "copy F-16, but use two engines" ?

Not that that doesn't sound like a kick-rear end idea, of course.

E: Wrong aircraft!! OOPS!!

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

counterpoint

still waiting on that answer

I think the F-4 Phantom is a bit sexier. I mean, those upside-down little tail thingies are pretty hot ! Plus look how many missiles it can drop on America's enemies

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

Faffel posted:

The Soviets had a bunch of gorgeous designs, they are just also very functional. The Foxbat looks fuckin' sweet, the Fagot looks amazing, the Frogfoot is a brutalist beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpPSPQq7oas&t=221s

Did they really have a plane called the Fagot or was that a phonepost autocorrect

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

If you ain't got canards, you ain't poo poo.

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

Did they really have a plane called the Fagot or was that a phonepost autocorrect

NATO callsigns. It was the Mig-21, maybe the most badass fighter ever created.

E: I got them mixed up. Mig-15 is the Fagot, but the 21 is what I meant. That thing is loving cool.

The Mig-15 is also cool, I guess. It has a weird nose.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 21, 2016

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Decebal posted:

I think the F-4 Phantom is a bit sexier. I mean, those upside-down little tail thingies are pretty hot ! Plus look how many missiles it can drop on America's enemies

phantom is #1

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

Faffel posted:

If you ain't got canards, you ain't poo poo.

So is the NATO callsign for america's latest and most expensive and most bestest fighter "tirefire" or "trainwreck"? I'm trying to think of better ones but I can't do it atm

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Faffel posted:

Fagot was the MiG-15; MiG-21 was Fishbed

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Yeah I edited my post a few mins ago, I'm dumb.

As for the F-35 callsign I'm legit curious what it might get named. Probably something really lame like the rest of the US callsigns.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
But seriously, if nuclear weapon destinations don't give you a chubber, you've got man problems

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

But seriously, if nuclear weapon destinations don't give you a chubber, you've got man problems

Play the "Will I survive game" .

I have small chances depending on the wind

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Decebal posted:

I will be vaporized.

I'm glad of it.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
[quote="Decebal" post="461292453"]

[]

HA, looks like living in Squidbillies territory was the smart choice yet again

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Faffel posted:

Yeah I edited my post a few mins ago, I'm dumb.

As for the F-35 callsign I'm legit curious what it might get named. Probably something really lame like the rest of the US callsigns.

the nato reporting names were code names for enemy hardware, while the nicknames for American fighters afaik are just what the Air Force decides upon when they pick an experimental aircraft

F-35 is "Lightning II" after the old P-38, but I imagine it's collected less generous nicknames as well

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
Unlike awful apps quoting abilities???

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'm moving to Maine (no, no I'm not).

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Yeah I was trying to figure out why the F-22 was named Raptor, but I guess its just it doesn't matter cuz they're part of NATO.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Decebal posted:

motherfuckers I'm gonna eat airburst first hand

none of this fallout poo poo I'm going to be one of those spooky shadows that gets burnt into the ground

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Just look at those red, hot points, just aching to make entry !

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Designed to be dropped from low altitudes, the bomb's fall is slowed by a parachute. The maximum release speed is 550 knots (1,020 km/h; 630 mph) and the minimum release altitude is 200 feet (61 m). When the bomb has reached a 40° angle due to the parachute's drag, it fires a rocket booster that accelerates it into the runway surface. The 100-kilogram (220 lb) primary charge explodes once the weapon has penetrated the concrete and drives the secondary charge even deeper. The 15-kilogram (33 lb) secondary charge then explodes after a one-second delay. Later production weapons have a programmable fuze that can delay the secondary detonation up to several hours.
The weapon can penetrate up to 40 centimetres (16 in) of concrete, and creates a crater 2 metres (6 ft 7 in) deep and approximately 5 metres (16 ft) in diameter. In addition, concrete slabs around the crater are disturbed in an area approximately 15 metres (49 ft) in diameter. The disturbed slabs are displaced up to 50 centimetres (20 in) above the original surface, making repair more difficult than the simple crater from a conventional bomb.[1]

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
There should be a jet called "Shrike". Shrikes are loving cool.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
Nah I'm sure you'll be standing behind something and get turned into a ghoul instead, then ill trade you a quad rocket launcher for 300 caps and some dirty water

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I'm going to make a stencil of "mods knew" and when the sirens go off, just run out with it to the sidewalk and wait

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

Maoist Pussy posted:

There should be a jet called "Shrike". Shrikes are loving cool.

Shut up or you'll summon that tribes schizo

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't know what that means but it sounds bad so I am going to do what you said.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Pakistan nukes are pretty scary. Doesn't seem like a stable country :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

awww yeah baby, gonna bridge that crevasse

• Locked thread