Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
The MIRV warheads are just super pretty and awesome in their destructive potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
"A spear of nuclear flame" makes me tingle down there.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Humans are the brutal warlike aggressive race that is the trope in all SciFi stuff and it's great aliens aren't gonna know what hit 'em.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Germstore posted:

Evolution is going to happen on every planet with life, so really any intelligent life that emerges is going to be the end result of a billion years of loving poo poo up. So, really alien contact is just going to be like march madness but for species.

Unless they all destroy themselves before they get that far and that's why the Fermi paradox is a thing.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
If they were meant to withstand the cleansing nuclear fire then God would have made it so, inshallah. For the glory of Man.

Buy our widgets or get laid to waste.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

LGD posted:

Seven Views of Olduvai Gorge is a fun short novella in this vein

I started reading this and I like it, thanks!

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Tectonis posted:

Should we be at all concerned about the increase in automated warfare? In the 1500's if you wanted to pacify a town you needed one soldier handling each halberd, but now you can get a small gaggle of teens to watch monitors feeding views from dozens of drones.

Getta loada Pope Innocent II over here.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Tectonis posted:

Please tell me what novel or series this is from so I can read the poo poo out of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Damned_Trilogy

Kinda dry but it isn't bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

The cool thing about cluster bombs is like half of them just don't explode (probably more in this case because Russians) and then it's just like hey you've got unexploded tiny little bombs all over the goddamn place that people will be getting killed by for the next 50-90 years or so.

• Locked thread