Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
The most evil/hardcore weapon system ever devised? This poo poo right here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Strategic Tea posted:

Reaper drones are sexy as hell. That cockpit-like blister but it's just blank metal? Beautiful

The Global Hawk looks like some sort of flying Orca.

And it's freaking huge!

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Decebal posted:

One of our military member's lives are worth more than 100's of the other guys!

Compared to a likely adversary such as "insert garbage desert nation here" I could see them spending less than 1% of what the US spends on each soldier in training. Hell even China and Russia are probably not even spending 10% what the US does per soldier.

Iron Prince posted:

got one up on you here shoophobo

"Are we related?"

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

kecske posted:

:eyepop: wtf is this, tank suppressor?

I think it's to analyse muzzle velocity and other factors to help improve artillery accuracy. Suppressing might be a secondary characteristic built in.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

thathonkey posted:

i assume somebody already posted bockscar and enola gay (the B-29s that dumped on nagasaki and hiroshima respectively) but here is another cool WW2 plane that didn't kill quite as many people:

looks like it was born out of a bad military hardware photoshop thread but nope it's real

Let's spend 95% of the money it takes to build 2 P-51's, but end up with only one.

• Locked thread