Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I thought this had gone away but when I looked it up I was surprised to find out that it's still legal in a bunch of states.

This map is from 2007 but I looked up the 2016 info and its pretty similar. the fact that there is a much higher rate of paddling on kids with disabilities is disturbing. dont know what thats all about.

I honestly thought I was among the last generation of students where corporal punishment was common practice, but I guess I was wrong.

When I was in school (HS, Jr. High) I got the paddle more than a few times for skipping class and stuff. In our school the Vice Principal was the designated kid paddler. They would usually give you a choice between "taking licks" or detention, with the upside of taking licks(getting paddled) being that it is over pretty quickly and (depending on the violation)your parents would probably not be notified. I always took the licks. It hurt like hell, the Vice Principal was usually a sadistic fucker and the paddles they used on us had holes cut in them and that made it hurt more, like it hit harder or something i'm not sure about the science of it.

Did you get paddled in school?

Do you think it is a good thing? It honestly did nothing to deter me from behaving badly and i think it only served to give the Vice Principal a rock hard boner and spank bank material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Once you graduate you get to suffer corporate punishment

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Once again another map proving the south is a loving backwards poo poo hole.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm from the most backwards loving boondoggle in the south and I've never heard of anyone getting a paddling

Sounds like a pedo thing

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Windows 98 posted:

Once again another map proving the south is a loving backwards poo poo hole.

yeah the two states i attended school in were florida and texas...

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm from the most backwards loving boondoggle in the south and I've never heard of anyone getting a paddling

Sounds like a pedo thing

that would be my guess as well

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
they used to send home permission slips for parents to give permission for their kids to get hit by teachers, afaik nobody ever returned it

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What kind of amateur rear end poo poo is this? That paddle doesn't even have air holes drilled in it ffs. :shrug:

I grew up in the transitional phase where corporal punishment was legal for my younger years but then it was considered abuse and very much illegal. So we had people who were spanking people k-3rd grade and then they were all like welp it's not cool anymore.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't hit kids.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The holes reduce wind resistance and let 'em hit you harder with less force.

Either way, paddling kids is barbaric and pretty loving useless

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I did 3rd and 4th grade in France, and teachers there had zero qualms with smacking the poo poo out of kids. Full open palm slaps, ear pulling, hair pulling, you name it.

Never had that happen in America.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
in high school I had an old rear end English teacher with a prosthetic leg, and this one time a bad kid stood on her fake foot and wouldn't let her move, she kept trying to walk away

that would have been a good excuse for corporal punishment lol

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
beat all kids forever, even if they did nothing to deserve it

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

What kind of amateur rear end poo poo is this? That paddle doesn't even have air holes drilled in it ffs. :shrug:

I grew up in the transitional phase where corporal punishment was legal for my younger years but then it was considered abuse and very much illegal. So we had people who were spanking people k-3rd grade and then they were all like welp it's not cool anymore.

yeah if you read in my OP the ones they used on us always had the holes

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

lmao at mississippi beating tards

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Profondo Rosso posted:

its called "alternative teaching technique"

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Profondo Rosso posted:

The alt-right is like "corporal punishment definitely works and that's why Mississippi is so smart :downs:"

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
paddlin' the school canoe? that's a paddlin'.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
A kid lied and said I hit them in Fifth grade so I got paddled.

Friends from other parts of the country seem downright horrified that it happened in the 90s, and refuse to believe that it still goes on today.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

beat all kids forever, even if they did nothing to deserve it

Beating kids is wrong because they don't know any better.

Adults have had plenty of time to learn and should be beaten mercilessly and at the slightest provocation.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
also i'd like to give a big shout out to oklahoma, your dedication to equal rights is shown everytime you beat regular kids and retarded kids at exactly the same rate

i appreciate this especially because i am retarded

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
lol what do you live in the 19th century or something? Paddling kids in school is just a cover for old British pedos to get their rocks off, it's pretty wrong and bad.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
My first kindergarten teacher wanted to hit me so I would stop using my left hand. That didn't end well for her.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
What did you do with the body?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Shock its in all the crappy states

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

SaltLick posted:

Once you graduate you get to suffer corporate punishment
good first post

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Strudel Man posted:

Flushed it down the potty.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Strudel Man posted:

its buried underneath the tomatoes in the prison garden ( a little orange is the new black humor for you guys, new season currently available on Netflix)

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

JiveHonky posted:

Do you think it is a good thing? It honestly did nothing to deter me from behaving badly and i think it only served to give the Vice Principal a rock hard boner and spank bank material.

The overwhelming majority of studies/evidence say corporal punishment (yes, even light spanking) has the opposite of the intended effect and 99.99% of the time you a) teach the kid to not get caught, b) teach the kid that force is an acceptable method to get others to comply, and c) they later won't remember what they were being punished for they'll just remember you hitting them building anger/resentment/sadbrains.

Queue tons of posts going 'I was spanked as a I kid and it never harmed me and by god I'll spank my kids and THIS is what is wrong with AMERICA today!!!'

e: oh also, good job you loving hicks beating up on disabled kids

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think people should be allowed to do corporal punishment but they have to put on a leather gimp suit to do it.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

i think beating kids... is very good.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
teachers already get poo poo on enough in life let them have this one thing

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Millennials are lazy and entitled because they're parents never disciplined them properly. Kids these days are too soft. They could have used a few good spankings to toughen them up. I can guarantee you that the college kids who threw a fit because they saw Donald Trump's name written in chalk were never spanked.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

These threads are always good because you get to see which goons love to release creamy slick gobs into their trousers when thinking of children getting beaten and bruised. doesn't look like anyone's biting in earnest yet though :munch:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe there's something to it though.. Maybe it's possible to actually beat education into children. :shrug:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Spanking isn't beating

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Legal corporal punishment. Have any of you people, after leaving school and becoming an adult, ever met a teacher?

They are not usually the kind of people I'd trust with anything, really

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Capital Punishment in US Schools

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

a hole-y ghost posted:

Capital Punishment in US Schools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012