Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The kids are even worse than the teachers. Let em beat the hell out of each other I don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Mmmmm yes, lets continue a tradition seeped with pedophilia and abuse that allows said debauchery to occur without oversight or justification. - The american south.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
What im trying to say is that Sherman should have burnt ever single acre into a blackened husk, never to again bear life.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bring back the iron maiden.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Did any of the kids ever hit the paddler back? They always threatened us with paddling at my lovely, southern, school but, all of a sudden stopped when the giant kid in 5th grade said he would hit them back if they tried anything.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Bring back the iron maiden.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

Did any of the kids ever hit the paddler back? They always threatened us with paddling at my lovely, southern, school but, all of a sudden stopped when the giant kid in 5th grade said he would hit them back if they tried anything.

we had no such heroic giants at my school.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

Legal corporal punishment. Have any of you people, after leaving school and becoming an adult, ever met a teacher?

They are not usually the kind of people I'd trust with anything, really

A lot of women in the field. Especially early childhood educators. Just can't trust 'em tbh

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If paddling kids will make them use violence as a way to solve problems later in life I say go for it. There's not enough kids willing to punch a homeless guy for speaking to you right now. This country...

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

paco650 posted:

A lot of mouthbreathing idiots/assholes in the field. Especially early childhood educators. Just can't trust 'em tbh

Minor correction offered.

I taught a class of ECE students at a local university on a lark as something to do in addition to my day job. There is no such thing as a good early childhood education major. Hell, the most famous one I can think of is Benito Mussolini, the fascist dictator of Italy during WW2. Even then he was essentially Hitler's bitchboy.

Worthless all around.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
beat the kids. beat them to death

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i was talking about this at work and someone explained to me that the hole in the paddle is for putting dicks through

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Kill all educators and most students.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
... destroy all humans?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
No the people I like should be left alone, or perhaps even be given all the dead people's wealth.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Windows 98 posted:

Once again another map proving the south is a loving backwards poo poo hole.

That's pretty racist.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

That's pretty racist.

You must know a lot about racism.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Doc Friday posted:

You must know a lot about racism.

Yeah, but only for one part of the planet.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe it's because these are southern kids that they need beaten. I mean, we've all met some people from rural south before.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Is this a comedy post? Hitting kids in schools? Lol ok! Thanks for making me laugh.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sheep-Goats posted:

Maybe it's because these are southern kids that they need beaten. I mean, we've all met some people from rural south before.

You mean black kids? Because that's who's getting beaten disproportionately.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Black kids and the disabled, apparently.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

FunkyFlashman posted:

Is this a comedy post? Hitting kids in schools? Lol ok! Thanks for making me laugh.

it seems you are being sarcastic but im not sure why or about what

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JiveHonky posted:

i was talking about this at work and someone explained to me that the hole in the paddle is for putting dicks through

Seems like you would just end up shearing off your eggs and johnston? :shrug:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

You mean black kids? Because that's who's getting beaten disproportionately.

Anyone who talks wrong

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Seems like you would just end up shearing off your eggs and johnston? :shrug:

like i said before i'm no scientist but the theory seemed plausible

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!
I'm a professional spanker.
Yes, I work from home.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

beat all kids forever, even if they did nothing to deserve it

Same but apply it to all humans regardless of age.

For all have sinned in the eyes of the Lord.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Sounds like some absolute pedo British poo poo.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JiveHonky posted:

like i said before i'm no scientist but the theory seemed plausible

I am actually a real scientist :science:

(I'm not actually a scientist)

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Revenants Return posted:

Sounds like some absolute pedo British poo poo.

It's not always about pedophilia. It's sometimes about the pathetic teachers taking out their general frustration as well.

I may or may not live in the deep south and may or may not have heard a teacher or two, at some point, possibly mention things like "It was nice to finally shut little johhny up" or "It was nice to teach that little bastard a lesson" while smirking.

Basically it's like anytime a child argues with you, except you are legally allowed to beat them if they annoy you.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Black kids misbehave disproportionately

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

so i went to school for a bit in TN (two different elementary schools) basically the teacher would order you to go out in the hall then hit you twice with the paddle and you'd have to go back in the classroom in tears. of course the kids they meant to intimidate with this punishment got worse at home and would just laugh it off. i feel it really depended on the teacher/principal if you got paddled or not and of course your parents could opt out of the whole thing.

one thing i do remember is the "electric paddle" which was this mythical punishment all us kids believed in (probably made up by the faculty). like if you were super bad in class you got the dreaded electric paddle. The electric paddle rumor seemed to be at different schools as well after talking to an indie band from TN who named their trip the Electric Paddle Tour. At their school it was thought to be a paddle had an electrical cord that would plug into the wall so it would zap you when you got smacked with it. Ours was more elaborate, an actual old school electric chair that you were strapped into with the seat part missing so you would get paddled while the chair shocks you.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
That all sounds extremely sexual and strange.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
There's nothing sexual about it I don't know why so many hosed up goons immediately jump to that

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Ein cooler Typ posted:

There's nothing sexual about it I don't know why so many hosed up goons immediately jump to that

quote:

Ours was more elaborate, an actual old school electric chair that you were strapped into with the seat part missing so you would get paddled while the chair shocks you.

????

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

It's because they get a hard on reading about children

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Except you have to get your bare child rear end out in front of an adult. But there is nothing sexually humiliating about it all. It's just where all the padding is at so they don't break bones and can hit you harder and longer without causing grievous injury.

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED
I thought the way to make kids behave was to embarrass the poo poo out of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

If this weirdo doesn't want a piece of the action you have to ask yourself just how far from the pack have you strayed?

• Locked thread