Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
99% of all soliders will tell you that being in the service is just a crappy job if they're honest. The only people that believe their own hype are marines, but they're actually really poo poo soldiers and pretty much all the other branches consider them tremendous faggots. so i guess if you're a regular lower class person with little or no future, you could do worse than the army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

it really does not seem like that. perhaps my perception is skewed though, because the people who are humble about their time in the service are the people you would not even know were in the military unless it came up in an off-topic conversation like health insurance or foreign prostitutes.

Most modern veterans are humble about their service because they realize that their "service" isn't much to brag about. Most of it is the same day to day bullshit you deal with any other job. There's a lot of paperwork, red tape, rear end in a top hat bosses, trying to poo poo on company time, etc. Sometimes something cool happens, maybe something blows up, but the large majority of time in service is pretty pedestrian. Even in a war zone there's a lot of time spent playing xbox.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

Hmm, that doesn't sound at all like what I said, but cheers mate, you've got an active imagination and that's worth a lot these days!

Cheers mate? Either you're foreign, and therefore your taco opinion doesn't count OR you're an American who watches soccer in which case your dad is ashamed of you.

• Locked thread