Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i don't recommend it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i joined the army

even picked infantry as my job

sadly, i survived. no matter how hard i pray, death never comes for me.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

the military is a good job if you like to get paid $18,000 a year to deal with bullshit workplace politics that you are BOUND BY LAW to obey

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

spawn more overlords

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

imho we should disrupt the military by outsourcing most jobs and also h1b visas

bet a shitload of poor browns would volunteer

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

also being responsible or at least complicit in the deaths of hundreds of poor children, and the suffering of tens of thousands more, is kinda a steep price to pay in exchange for a lovely college degree

also the most insufferable people in any college class are the vets who bring up their service in every loving lecture

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Forceholy posted:

Are you sure you're not talking about mothers going back to school? Most GI billers I've met in college seem cool as hell. A few of them even played D & D in the student commons from time to time.

my program had really rad old moms

and a really loving annoying marine that wouldn't shut the gently caress about the marines

i don't think i have ever once mentioned that i was in the army at school or work

if your entire identity is based on being military and you bring it up multiple times a day, you are dumb

the best kind of vet is the vet that you don't know is a vet because he doesn't ever talk about it

the second best kind of vet is a dead vet, from suicide.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

it would probably cost a lot less if after enlistment is up we just feed vets into a meat grinder and use it as livestock or pet food

the gi bill seems like a waste of tax money

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

the navy is the out and proud homoerotic branch

the marines are closeted and really loving angry about if and homophobic because they love dick

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Victis posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about, the most annoying people in college are the 40-50 year old women. "AS A MOTHER..." "IN MY EXPERIENCE..."

1) i didn't get a liberal arts degree so those women didn't exist in my classes. the old people in my classes were down to earth and funny as gently caress

2) i went to college as a grown up so i related more to the guys and gals in their 40's than the ones in their 20's

3) relating things to actually real world experiences in discussions are 100x more relevant than your experiences clearing houses in iraq

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

4) suck my drat balls

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

LGD posted:

oh so you were the insufferable non-traditional student everyone else hated

my program was 60% non-traditional students

lol if you get a liberal arts degree and have your classes filled with morons and stay at home moms

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

LGD posted:

most non-traditional students are great, don't stick out, and contribute useful perspectives to discussions, it's just that most traditional students deal with a handful of bad ones over the course of their studies

usually this takes the form of people who feel the need to establish some bullshit superiority/authority over other students/the professor rooted in age or "life experience"- all topics of conversation will exclusively be viewed through the domain where they seem themselves as being the unassailable expert, and instead of using their experience to inform learning their comments will be an attempt to turn the topic into self-validation

but this is only a few people, and like I said most non-traditional students are great

my experience with people who constantly talk poo poo about how useless/terrible the liberal arts are on the other hand...

the liberal arts are awesome

liberal arts degrees are not

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Frankenstyle posted:

Do they issue you one kid that you trade in every few years, or is it like a pedo secretarial pool?

they aren't issued

you have to go out and pick them yourself

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

army/navy/airforce/coastguard are allowed 1 free child rape per enlistment

marines are allowed 100

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i taught at a private school that was big on patriotism but somehow managed to find a niche in the "rich children of immigrants and h1b workers" market

i had a class of 22 kids and not a single one was white

we pledged the gently caress out of the flag every goddamn morning

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

youll get real loving good at folding clothes and making beds though op the most valuable life skills ever

you only get good at them if you're a loving retard

i think i made my bed like 5 times throughout all my training. i made it the first night and 4 more times when it got flipped over by NCOs

you sleep on top of your perfectly made bed in your sleeping bag. then you only need to smooth the top when you get up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

you just need to stroke him the right way and he'll cum for you

stroke the wrong way and you get the claws

• Locked thread