Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
and eats gross food and gets paddled by schoolmarms in boarding schools and an entire wealthy family will live in like a 20 by 20 foot apartment with a barely functional toilet and have a single compact car which has the steering wheel on the wrong side and a manual transmission . Unbelievable. Open public yards or "national parks" are unheard of, as is any private yard larger than a postage stamp. Can britgoons confirm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Is that the hottest man in England?

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Otisburg posted:

oh heaven's no not a manual transmission! if i have to work a clutch and shifter i'll get the vapors and faint!

I know how to drive a manual OP. My first car was a manual which I got when I was 16 (quite common. cars in the US can be had for less than 10 thousand "British pounds" and a "lad" will often get the family's old car). The issue is, obviously, that it's funny when an entire family has one compact car between them with the stupid kind of transmission, and dear old mum has to clutch through traffic on the tiny streets to get to the store to buy a curry for the lads. It's not as though Brits are driving American muscle cars with stick shifts they're driving like a VW golfs. Nothing impressive or masculine about it. It just speaks to the incredibly low quality of life in Britain.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Mange Mite posted:

heinz is an american company and baked beans became popular in the uk as a "fancy" imported food, imported from america

lol

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Oh I forgot you need your fingerprint taken And ID scanned to buy a butter knife and you can be arrested for carrying it home and get like 3 years in jail lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
People. This thread is about the modern day Britain, not like, what wars Britain won in history or whatever.

• Locked thread