Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Well, you've pissed off an Icon.

The good news: you didn't get killed, and hell, you've even managed to get out of a very long spell in a prison (or torture chamber) somewhere thanks to the deal you've made.

The bad news: this deal involves being conscripted and sent to the Sea Wall to fight off the ever-increasing amounts of monsters rising from the depths of the Iron Sea.

See, the Iron Sea's been churning more lately, like the belly of the Red after devouring a few too many cities worth of food, but with gargantuan doomsday beasts and legions of ravenous creatures being spewed out instead of, well, spew. Earlier in the Age, the Icons let the Sea Wall take a back seat to whatever agenda they want to pursue as they have in the Ages ever since it was established; the High Druid wants to expand the forests but the Emperor won't let her, the Prince of Shadows continues to bypass the Dwarf King's well-secured vaults, the Priestess condemns the Diabolist for demon worship and debauchery, and so on. But, with there being more attacks on the Sea Wall than ever before, this petty bickering has fallen quiet for a moment. So, for the first time since the Sixth Age, the Icons reached a Concordance with one another.

This Concord, signed by every Icon after months of deliberation, is filled with various concessions and compromises made to each member in order to obtain their support for reinforcing the Wall. The squabbles of the Icons still continue, but diminished, as more of their troops, resources, and magic are diverted to stave off impending doom from the unending tide of monsters. Included in Article 4, Section 4, is a passage that demands that capable combatants that have offended an Icon be given a choice: be sent to the Sea Wall to fight off and perhaps end the looming threat to the entire world, or accept whatever punishment awaits them. You are one of the few that are brave, crazy, or desperate enough to accept this kind offer. You, unlucky soldier, have just been enlisted into the Chained Legion. You will patrol the Wall and the surrounding lands, fight ludicrous threats, and hopefully come out of it all alive.

So, what's all this, then?
This is a game of 13th Age for 3-5 players, to be played on Roll20 while using Discord voice chat, on Saturdays from 7-11PM EST.

Any house-rules?
Yup.

-Use point-buy when choosing your character's stats.
-We're starting at LEVEL 3, as one has to be an established badass to even be offered the chance to go fight horridly powerful sea abominations to the death.
-It goes without saying, but most material from the core book, 13 True Ways, and the Bestiary (if any) is allowed. I also have the 13th Age in Glorantha playtest, so if you want to be a class from that, it's cool. Ask me before you use anything else, from homebrew classes to 13th Age Monthly stuff and beyond.
-If you're thinking of playing a Wizard, I regret to inform you that the talent, Evocation, has been banned, both in-setting (as an incentive for the Blue to contribute more to the effort because it pisses off the Archmage) and out (because I hate that overpowered talent).
-If you're thinking of playing a Necromancer, I give you good news: Due to complaints from the Lich King about how his necromancers he has sent to the Sea Wall have had an amazing tendency to be instantly vaporized in a single good blow from many of the monsters that emerge from the Sea, any necromancers sent to the Wall have been given an exemption from the curses of enfeeblement laid upon them by the Empire. The Wasting Away class feature is gone.
-If you're planning to be a Wood Elf, due to a lending of nature power from the Elf Queen to the High Druid, the Wood Elven race just isn't as graceful as it used to be. Elven Grace has been changed to the following
Elven Grace (Racial Power)
-At the start of each of your turns, roll a die to see if you get an extra standard action. If your roll is equal to or lower than the escalation die, you get an extra standard action that turn. You may only receive one extra standard action per fight.
--Champion Feat: Once per day, you may resume rolling after you receive your first extra standard action until you receive a second extra standard action. If you do not receive a second extra standard action after resuming rolling during the fight, this power is not expended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copperpauper
Oct 1, 2012

Flexible, Conductive, and Really, Really Poor.
I'd love to play some 13th age. i'll wait until we get some other characters before i make a character, cause I prefer to fit empty spots in team comp.

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.
Are you alright having one race's mechanics reflavored as another? Specifically, the Forgeborn bonus/racial power on a human.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Radioactive Bears posted:

Are you alright having one race's mechanics reflavored as another? Specifically, the Forgeborn bonus/racial power on a human.

Completely fine with it.

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.
Edit: Schedule got weird on Saturdays, can't play regularly.

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 5, 2016

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off

Sheet is here. Linking it with the character name has proven too subtle too often

Name: Harmon Zetiir
Point of Origin: Santa Cora
Charges: Smuggling, Possession of Contraband, Possession of Unlawful Weaponry, Possession of Illicit Materials, Bribery of Port Officials, Attempted Bribery of Imperial Officials, Inciting a Riot, Grand Larceny, Vandalism, Sullying the Honor of a Temple Priestess
Sentence: Banishment from the Empire

Harmon Zetiir posted:

The name's Zetiir, but just as well could be gently caress all because I doubt you've heard of me. There's a good reason for that. Old saying about Famous Smugglers with the point being you're doing it wrong, but that's a life story for my deathbed. I'm only here because of one raucous night and that's probably all you'd care to hear about.

Day started like any other pulling into the port round Santa Cora. I pay up my registration tax to the local port authority and have the men start offloading cargo. Really from that point my job was done since the client and buyer both shelled out in advance, so I head into town to find one of the maybe three reputable tap-houses in the city of Chapels. Now here's the thing about St. Cora, I legally wasn't allowed to be there. Something about a lacking in my tithe to the church, some old, unfortunate assault charges years behind me, probably a few other things that slip my mind, but it was so far from notice that a couple of greased hands was all that was needed for me to walk freely. Unfortunately that day happened to be playing host to some kind of officer's visitation event, and one had other ideas about the legality of my presence.

Naturally I broached the issue with amicable poise and respect, and offered him a customary consideration of 700 Imps, but for some unnatural reason the officer took this as an offence. I am a man of patience, as one must be in my line of business, and I am a man who understands the value of a deal. I increased my offer to 4000 Imperial coins, well more than enough to cover the bar tab of the evening, yet this only further angered him. I was not prepared to offer any more than that, so I altered my negotiation strategy. Santa Cora is a delicate town, certainly not in its construction, but in its temperament. A slight spark is all the people need to whirl into a feverish conviction. I began to yell loudly, accusatively, about the officer's words of offence. That what he was claiming was not only a defamation to the High Priestess, but to the Emperor himself for implying our majesty would take company with such people. This is all that was necessary. The rest of the lies I cried were lost in the shouting as the bar patrons turned on the officers, and not long after, each other.

pre:
Name: Harmon Zetiir
Race: Human (+2 CON, Bonus Feat, Quick to Fight)
Class: Rogue (+2 DEX)
Level: 3
OUT: The Priestess laid a curse on me. "All mortal coin shall fall through your hands." 
but the Prince of Thieves stole the spirit of its meaning, and left it with one he was fond of. 
I've no trouble finding means or money, it all falls into my hands after all, but it never lasts.
Every copper earned is two coppers spent.

Attributes

STR	10	 0
CON	14	+2
DEX	20	+5
INT	10	 0
WIS	08	-1
CHA	12	+1

AC		17
PD		17
MD		13

Initiative	+8

HP: 40/40
Recoveries: 8/8

Icon Relationships

The Prince of Shadows 2: It's no secret that the Prince is the patron saint of thieves and swindlers,
and I would be remiss to call myself anything other than both.The problem for me was getting caught. I can't
claim that the Prince truly likes anyone, myself much less, although he still threw in his lot to lessen the
curse upon me, so maybe the old shadow does still smile.

The Priestess -1: No comment.

Backgrounds

Sleight of Blade 5: I started my life as a simple cut-purse, and while the years have provided me with
a wealth of alternative opportunity, I never stopped practicing the art of misdirection.

Seaworthy Smuggler 4: From flying sails to flaying fish, I've worked my way through most every position
one can have aboard a ship, though strictly speaking, my favorite is at the top, or more clearly, just below it.
First mates always slip beneath notice, and a quick slip of coins to the right official or a hidden sally port in
the lower hull and some well positioned tunnels can ensure one stays beneath notice.

I've Smuggled Books Too y'Know 4: Not just drink and drug and destructive devices, some of the most prized
contraband in Santa Cora is books. Mostly just literature said to be defaming or heretical to the temple, but from
the many I've read on otherwise boring journeys, there was a lot of surprisingly restricted knowledge to be taken in.

Class Features
  • Sneak Attack
  • Trap Sense
Class Talents
  • Improved Sneak Attack
  • Murderous
  • Thievery
Powers
  • Bleeding Strike (Lv. 3)
  • Roll With It (Lv. 1)
  • Deflection (Lv. 3)
  • Slick Feint (Lv. 3)
  • Tumbling Strike (Lv. 1)
  • Thief's Strike (Lv. 3)
Feats
  • Sneak Attack
  • Murderous
  • Thievery

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 7, 2016

copperpauper
Oct 1, 2012

Flexible, Conductive, and Really, Really Poor.

Francis Czetchlin, "Human" Druid (Aasimir Abilities)
Charges- Attempted Grand Vandalism
Sentence- Lifetime Sentence to Great Wall.

Born in a standard Empire village, Francis left his home, at the age of twenty in order to join the High Druid's forces. He always felt a strange disconnect from the Empires style of living. However, even when he managed to join a druidic commune, he felt as though some part of him was still missing. He lived his life like this for a very long time, until he came to a realization thirty years later. While trying to commune with some local flora and fauna, he was beset by a vision of him being crushed from both sides by massive torrents of water. When he woke up, he realized that the reason he felt so distant from everyone he tried to bond with is because that he is some sort of focus for the sea, and in it's current broken state, he would always feel as if part of him was missing. So, he spent the next ten years planning, and trying to get anyone he could to help him with his plan. Unfortunately, with no proof, he seemed as if he had lost his mind, and there were no volunteers. So in the end, when his massive stockpile of magical explosives heading towards the great wall were intercepted, he was the only one punished. However, he views this as an opportunity.

quote:

Francis Czetchlin, Level 3 Druid
HP: 40/40 | Recoveries: 8/8 (3d10+2)
AC: 15 | PD: 16 | MD: 15 | Ini: +5

Str: 8 (-1) | Con: 15 (+2) | Dex: 14 (+2)
Int: 10 (0) | Wis: 18 (+4) | Cha: 12 (+1)

One Unique Thing: Believes that the spirit of the the sea lives within him.

Icons:
High Druid 1- While a very active and kind member of the druidic forces, publicly stating that a major force of nature lives in you can cause some issues, whether it's from doubt or envy.
Archmage -1- The worst of the worst in Francis's eyes. Almost every single assault against the Archmage involved him in a big way, making him one of their public enemies. (It is said that some wizards called for his execution, but were denied by legal higher-ups)
Dragon Emperor 1- While he left the empire to become a druid, he still feels something in his heart for the people of the Empire. When he was a member of druidic assaults, he often told more brash druids to leave the farmers and villagers alone, giving him some degree of public opinion to them.

Backgrounds:
Druidic Outcast +5- An outcast to two societies, Francis has skills from both aspects in his life.
Caretaker of the Wild +5- Once he realized his position in the natural world, Francis spent a lot of his time in the forest by himself, making sure that all was as intended. This gave him a degree of homebrew medical knowledge, as well as a degree of survival skills.

Inventory and Equipment:
Wooden Spear (Light,2-handed)
Mossy Leather Armor (Light)

Class Features and Talents:
Elemental Adept
Healer Adept

Feats:
A- Air Mastery
A- Water Mastery
A- Further Backgrounding

Powers:
Regeneration (1/day,2/battle)
Greater Regen (1/day)
Wild Heal (1/day)
Hail Hail (at-will)
Deeper Waters (at-will)
3rd level- Gust
3rd level- Summon Water Elemental
1st level- Water Breathing

copperpauper fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 17, 2016

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
My last Saturday game fell through a few weeks back, and the time fits perfectly with my schedule, so consider me interested!

Akyros the Repentant, Dragonspawn Gilded Blade (Reflavored Humakti from 13Glorantha)

Wise, patient, and skilled with a blade, Akyros is an ideal soldier of the Great Gold Wyrm, but such was not always the case. Decades ago, Akyros was a human man with a human name- a merchant who made his trade in a small village on the road to the Abyss. Paladins, priests, and others devoted to the Great Gold Wyrm often passed his store on their way to the Golden Citadel, and the man who later became Akyros made a small fortune by exploiting their good nature. The pious knights were often too humble to question the prices of the merchant's goods, and as such he was able to sell them substandard equipment for more than their worth. The merchant never questioned his actions until the village was overrun with demons. Knights- the same people that the merchant had sold to, gave their lives in order to protect the villagers. The merchant himself was saved by a paladin who later died when demons punctured the shoddy armor that the merchant had sold to him.

The merchant traveled to the Golden Citadel and surrendered all he had. He vowed to do whatever it would take to fix what he had done, and pleaded his case to one of the Gold Wyrm's greatest knights. The knight said that while there was no bringing back the lives that had been lost, the merchant could redeem himself by taking up their fight himself. However, it would cost him greatly. The merchant would need to surrender his belongings, his name, his body, and his soul to the Great Gold Wyrm in return for a body fit for a holy knight. The merchant accepted the offer, and became Akyros the Repentant.

Enough time has passed since then that Akyros has spent more time fighting the demons of the Abyss than he lived as a human. He is an example for lesser knights, and the demons curse his name. When the Icons reached Concordance with one another, Akyros was in charge of rounding up the capable combatants that had offended the Great Gold Wyrm and sending them to the Chained Legion. Yet, on the night of their departure to the Sea Wall, Akyros had a vision. In his vision, Akyros saw every man and woman he'd gathered dying horrible deaths. Their bodies were able, but their hearts and minds were plagued with fear and doubt, and that would seal their fate. The vision ended with an image of Akyros's idol, the Great Gold Wyrm, sacrificing itself to hold the Abyss shut, and Akyros knew then what he had to do. That morning, he officially pardoned all the soldiers and miscreants that he had conscripted, and volunteered to go to the Sea Wall in their place.

quote:

Akyros the Repentant, Level 3 Gilded Blade
HP: 50/50 | Recoveries: 8/8 (3d8+2)
AC: 21 | PD: 15 | MD: 15 | Ini: +2
Greatsword +7 vs AC: 3d10 +7 damage
Javelin +1 vs AC: 3d6-1 damage
(Quick Action) Breath Weapon +7 vs PD: 3d6 Fire damage

Str: 18 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Dex: 8 (-1)
Int: 10 (0) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 12 (+1)

One Unique Thing: Akyros gave up his mercantile life to become a soldier of the Great Gold Wyrm.

Icons:
Great Gold Wyrm: Positive 2
The Diabolist: Negative 1

Backgrounds:
Gilded Blade of the Great Gold Wyrm 3
Years of Experience 3
Former Merchant 2

Inventory and Equipment:
75 G
Gilded Greatsword (heavy, two-handed weapon)
Sharpened Wooden Javelin (light, thrown weapon)
Blessed Scalemail (heavy armor)

Class Features and Talents
Sword Master: When you hit with a sword attack, you gain a damage bonus equal to your level.

Demon Foe: Demonic creatures are vulnerable to your attacks. (I felt demons were a more fitting enemy than undead, but I can change it back if you don't feel the same.)

Utter Truth: Once per day, you can swear a solemn oath to the Great Gold Wyrm. Your voice is low, but it carries far and can be heard through other noise. The oath is so powerful that listeners can feel it in their bones. You call on the Great Gold Wyrm and your honor, and then you can make a brief declaration of truth. I can't simply make things up, Akyros must be saying things that he knows to be true. All who hear you are certain that you are telling the truth, but they might pretend otherwise.

Armor of Prayer: By replacing a piece of armor with a written prayer on a strip of paper, the Great Gold Wyrm honors your sacrifice with a blessing. While wearing armor, your AC is 1 lower than normal. At the beginning of each day, roll a d6 to find out what blessing the Great Gold Wyrm has for you until the end of that day (your next full heal-up).
-1. You take a +1 attack bonus but also take a -1 penalty to PD.
-2. You gain a +1 attack bonus.
-3. You gain a +2 attack bonus but lose access to all Gilded Blade powers while using a shield.
-4. Your critical hits deal triple damage instead of double damage.
-5. Your melee attacks deal an extra damage die when you hit.
-6. You gain an additional Gilded Blade power of your level or lower today.

Warleader: When your natural initiative roll is even, you can use one of the following warcries at any point in the battle. Unless otherwise indicated, each warcry can be used a free action. You can only choose each warcry once per day.
-Smite their wicked hearts: Until the end of the battle, you and your allies gain a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks by demons.
-We have no fear:Until the end of the battle, you and your allies take only a -1 penalty from fear effects and from the dazed and weakened conditions instead of the normal penalty.
-We shall not fall: Use when one of your allies is going to rally using a standard action. The rally only requires a quick action.
-We fight together: Once this battle as an interrupt action after an ally fails a save, you can change their failure into a success.

Punish Their Insolence: Once per battle when an enemy hits you with a melee attack, you can make a basic attack against that enemy as a free action after the attack.

Feats
(A) Sword Master: Attack penalties don't apply to you when you are attacking with a sword, except for any penalties associated with your own powers. For example, being dazed doesn't bother you so long as you are attacking with your sword, and being weakened only affects your defenses and your attacks with other weapons.
(A) Warlearder: You can also trigger a warcry when your natural initiative roll is odd and 11+
(A) Punish Their Insolence: If you hit, you can also rally as a free action. If this is your second or subsequent rally in the battle, you still need to succeed on a save in order to rally, as usual.

Powers
Battle Drill Once per Battle: Make a basic melee attack. If you hit, you can make a second basic melee attack. If that hits, you can make a third, and so on. You can make a maximum number of attacks this way equal to your Wisdom modifier (3) as long as you continue to hit.

Flashing Blade +7 vs AC (3d10+7 damage) Daily: Targets up to three enemies. You can take your move action between two of the attacks. Miss: 3 damage.

Lesson Learned Once per Battle: Triggers as a free action when you miss an enemy with a melee attack. You gain a +2 bonus to your melee attacks against that enemy and all identical enemies (with the same name) until the end of the battle.

Sever Spirit +6 vs MD Daily: Targets one enemy whose hit points are equal or less than your maximum hit points. On a hit the target drops to 0 hp. A living creature has its spirit severed from its body, and demons are destroyed utterly. A creature that would regenerate or heal next turn doesn't: it's dead. Natural Odd Miss: You take damage equal to the target's level.

red plastic cup fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 17, 2016

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Nevermind

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 26, 2016

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Name: Torc T

Point of Origin: Axis
Charges:[/b Pre-meditated murder, dwarf slaughter, Treason, Criminal Abduction and endangerment of a minor.
[b]Sentence:
Lifetime ban from all dwarven controlled realms; Lifetime sentence on the Sea Wall

With a quick wit, unpopular opinions and the stubbornness necessary to see it to the end, it is easy to see how one can end up in jail. Torc has never liked dwarfs, nor that imposter that calls himself the "Dwarf King" and when he found himself in Forge for a simple delivery job it wasn't long before he got into trouble. The poor sap he was delivering too, had more connections than Torc was led to believe; The guards were called, insults were thrown, and suddenly the a large group of guards want his head. Thankfully Torc knows how to de-escalate a situation with a little hostage negotiation to save his own skin. The only downside was he had to do a few years in the unfortunate holes the dwarves call jail.

With his insults and general annoyance as a prisoner, he quickly found his way to the top of the volunteer list for the Sea Wall. It seems no one appreciates a good bard these days.

code:
Name: Torc
Race: Half-Orc (+2 DEX)
Class: Bard (+2 CHA)
Level: 3

OUT: He created a song which he believes can make listeners comatose.

Attributes:

STR: 8 (-1)
CON: 14 (+2)
DEX: 18 (+4)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 8 (-1)
CHA: 18 (+4)

AC: 17
PD: 15
MD: 14

Init: +7

HP: 45/45
Recoveries: 8/8

Icon Relationships:
	Dwarf King -1: He's a dwarf.

Orc Lord +1: Believes in two state solution

Dragon Emperor +1: Love me some Order!

Lich King 1:

Backgrounds:

Master Dueler 2:
		Being of quick wit, occasionally one has to defend himself, this penchant has meant he learned how to survive

Orcish Rockstar 6:
		Being rather proud of his heritage, Torc has many contacts throughout the land who enjoy what the orcs call Rocking.

Well-Traveled 2:
		Torc has travelled far and wide for his contracts and as such knows a little bit about moving back and forth throughout the land.

Inventory and Equipment:
	Broadsword (heavy, one-handed weapon)
	Percussion instrument (non-magical instrument)
	Heavy Javelin (heavy, thrown)
	Light metal sheet with studs (Light armour)

Features & Talents: 
	Bardic Songs (1 1st, 2 3rd)
	Battle Cries (4, up to 3rd level)

Balladeer: (Throat-Destroying Tribute to the Orc Lord)
		Each day you can sing one of these great songs to give you a positive relationship you would not ordinarily have with an icon.
			you also gain cursed die for the enemies of the song.
	Jack of Spells
		Cleric: Hammer of Faith
						Daily - Close Quarters Spells
						Effect: Until the end of the battle, your basic melee attacks use d12s as their base weapon damage dice.
	Loremaster
		B: Take two additional points of backgrounds; you can use these additional points to raise a background that has something to do with history, bardic lore, 
			or magical knowledge up to the usually impossible rating of +6
		C: Take a single point of relationship with the Lich King. conflicted. 

Feats
	Befuddle; A: Recharge check is now 6+. 
	Vicious Mockery; A: On a hit, the effect that damages the target when it misses is now save ends. 
	Bardic Songs; A: Your bardic songs don’t stop immediately when you are knocked unconscious, stunned, or silenced. Instead, they continue for one round, 
				 giving you the chance to sustain the song on your next turn.

Battle Cries:
	Pull It Together! 
		Flexible melee attack 
		Triggering Roll: Natural 11+; use only twice per battle 
		Effect: One nearby ally can heal using a recovery. 
	We Need You! 
		Flexible melee attack 
		Triggering Roll: Natural even hit 
		Effect: A nearby conscious ally can roll a save against a save ends effect. 
	It’s All Yours! 
		Flexible melee attack 
		Triggering Roll: Natural even miss 
		Effect: This battle, your next ally to attack the target you missed gains a +2 attack bonus with that attack.

Spells and Songs
	Befuddle
		Ranged spell 
		Recharge 11+ after battle 
		Target: One nearby creature with 40 hp or fewer Attack: Charisma + Level vs. MD 
		Hit: The target is confused until the end of your next turn. 
		Natural Even Miss: The target is dazed until the end of your next turn. 
			3rd level spell Target with 64 hp or fewer. 
			5th level spell Target with 96 hp or fewer. 
			7th level spell Target with 160 hp or fewer. 
			9th level spell Target with 266 hp or fewer. 
			A: Recharge check is now 6+. 
			C: The target of the spell doesn’t have to be nearby, just in line of sight. 
			E: On a hit, the confusion effect is now save ends. 
	Song of Thunder 
		Bardic song 
		Daily 
		Standard action each turn; 11+ to sustain 
		Opening & Sustained Effect: Make the following attack against 1d4 + 1 nearby enemies. 
		Attack: Charisma + Level vs. PD Hit: 5d6 + Charisma thunder damage. 
		Miss: — Final Verse: Make the attack again, but this time it deals half damage on a miss. 
			5th level song 7d6 damage. 
			7th level song 9d8 damage. 
			9th level song 10d12 damage. 
			C: The number of targets increases to 2d4. 
			E: Two of the targets can now be far away instead of nearby. 
	Vicious Mockery 
		Ranged spell 
		Recharge 11+ after battle 
		Target: One nearby enemy 
		Attack: Charisma + Level vs. MD 
		Hit: 6d6 + Charisma psychic damage, and until the end of your next turn, when the target misses with one of its attacks, 
		       it takes half the damage its attack would have dealt. 
		Miss: Damage equal to your level. 
			5th level spell 9d6 damage. 
			7th level spell 10d8 damage. 
			9th level spell 2d8 x 10 damage. 
			A: On a hit, the effect that damages the target when it misses is now save ends. 
			C: Recharge check is now 6+. 
			E: A natural even miss does not expend the spell. 

Fixed it up a bit.
Heavy Xbow is -1 ATK from previous and Bow is -2 ATK.
Which is preferred for my "heavy thrown"?

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 13, 2016

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Alright, I'll say whoever tossed in an app is in, so long as you get your sheet finished up or at least close to it by Saturday. Congrats. First game is this Saturday, 7-11 EST. I'll have a link to roll20 & a Discord server up before then.

Cerepol posted:

I've got a good outline I think. Quick question; Is it alright to have heavy thrown weapons?

Do I select spells/songs per day? Or I just choose what I want when I want it?

I'd say heavy thrown would get the same penalty heavy/martial bows or crossbows get for bards.

Also, you memorize spells and songs per day at the start of the day, and unless you're a Wizard with a certain talent you memorize each spell exactly once (so for example, only one Soundburst a day).

copperpauper posted:

Francis Czetchlin, Druid

Fluff goes here.

I'll give ya an extra talent, to hopefully make up for the Druid's problems.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Hey I know you said you accepted everyone and stuff, but can I apply?

If not it's fine, and I wouldn't ask if you had denied people, but you accepted everyone. And you hadn't actually had a session yet it seems? If you prefer 5 that's cool and don't worry about it at all. I don't look at the recruit thread very regularly so I didn't see it till now

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
I'm not going to be able to attend this first session, unfortunately, because I'll be away from my computer this weekend. Once you get the Discord up I'll be able to post from my phone, though. Let's say Akyros had a little trouble on the road and needed to stop for supplies early on, explaining his absence.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

Hey I know you said you accepted everyone and stuff, but can I apply?

If not it's fine, and I wouldn't ask if you had denied people, but you accepted everyone. And you hadn't actually had a session yet it seems? If you prefer 5 that's cool and don't worry about it at all. I don't look at the recruit thread very regularly so I didn't see it till now

Sure, toss in a sheet by Saturday and I'll allow it.

To anyone else tempted to join, I'd rather not have more than 6, though, or I'll lose my drat mind.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Name: Owain Drogskol

Owain joined the Crusader's armies as a young man; full of fire and vigor and anger at Demons and hellholes that had taken and forced his family to relocate, and displayed great skill; to him, it was a wonderful arrangement. He takes revenge on the creatures that destroyed his home, and he sent the money he earned back to his parents and family for them to live on. He quickly showed his ability to command as well as fight, and was somewhat of a rising star in the Crusader's Ranks; the Crusader seemed to, perhaps, take personal interest in him for uncertain reasons, and Owain devoted himself to the cause of killing Demons, though he found himself plagued at times by nightmares and dreams from times he could not remember, killing Demons he had never seen before.

When he brought these concerns to the Crusader, it was told to him what he was; A soul who had been stripped of the right to pass from this world due to having half of it stolen, Owain was constantly trapped in a cycle of Reincarnation until he defeated the creature who held his soul and he became whole again. He would die, and he could die, as his half-soul offered him no protection from death, and would then reincarnate. He gained nothing from this; he was not preternaturally skilled or well-trained because of it; the curse would strip his memories and skills and leave him only with vague images each time he falsely reincarnated, only enough to spur him on towards his soul and hound his dreams and thoughts. The hounding encouraged him, but he had no secret energy to draw on to grow stronger.

But during a routine expedition, something occurred to Owain that caused him to fall from favor. Rumors swirl in the ranks of what it could have been, but for those aware it is quite simple; Even the harshest training of the Crusader, the hounding of his dreams from the curse of his past, and the anger at the loss of his original home could not completely stifle the heart within, and he fell for a Demon and let her escape in the heat of battle, to attempt to find her again. When this was discovered, the rage of the Crusader was great, and the rising star was guaranteed a swift, brutal fall. While killing would have been gentler, the Crusader sent him to the Wall instead; his betrayal would have little to no effect on the Wall, and his skills could be put to good use before he died.

The Demon; I'd be okay discussing this with you if it matters more about her.

Crimes; Dereliction of Duty, Fraternization with The Enemy, Light Treason

quote:

Owain Drogskol, Level 3 Human Commander
HP: 45/45 | Recoveries: 8/8 (3d8+2)
AC: 17 | PD: 15 | MD: 15 | Ini: +3
Greatsword +6 vs AC: 3d10 +3 damage
Crossbow +3 vs AC: 3d6 damage

Str: 17 (+3) | Con: 15 (+2) | Dex: 10 (+0)
Int: 10 (0) | Wis: 8 (-1) | Cha: 17 (+3)

One Unique Thing: Owain's soul was split in two by a Demon, and his soul is trapped in the Mortal Plane until he recovers it- each time he dies he reincarnates into a new body with no more then memories and nightmares-

Icons:
Crusader: Conflicted 2
The Diabolist: Conflicted 1

Backgrounds:

Crusader's (Former) Rising Star- 4
Ages of Forgotten Memories- 2
Secretly a Romantic - 2

Inventory and Equipment:

Tremendous Greatsword (heavy, two-handed weapon)
Taut-Strung Crossbow (light, thrown weapon)
Fullplate and tattered cloak (heavy armor)

Class Features and Talents
Commands and Command Points; Commands as Immediate Interrupts.

Fight from the Front: 1d4 Command Points when hitting with a Commander Melee Attack during my turn

Weigh the Odds: Gain 1d4 Command Points as a Standard Action

Tactics: Tactics in battle

Armor Skills: Take no penalty for fighting in Heavy Armor

Combat Maneuver: Gain a Fighter Maneuver of your level of lower.

Martial Training: Take no penalty for fighting with heavy or martial weapons.

Feats
(A) Try Again: If the Escalation Dice is 3+, the rerolled attack gains a bonus equal to Charisma Modifier
(A) Basic Tactical Strike: Add Charisma Modifier to Damage on the attack roll.
(A) Combat Maneuver: Gain the Adventurer Feat for the Maneuver chosen.
(A) Fight From the Front: Fight from the Front grants 1d4 Command points instead of 1d3

Powers

Rally Now: Cost: 1 Command Point, Target One Nearby Ally on their turn. Special: Can spend 2 command points to target an unconscious ally. Effect: The Ally Rallies as a Free Action (Must roll save if necessary)

Try Again: Cost: 2 Command Points, Target: One Nearby Ally that made an Attack Roll. Effect: Reroll the Attack but use the new result. Special: If the escalation die is 3+, add a bonus equal to my Charisma Modifier (3)

You Set Them Up, I Finish: Cost; 4 Command Points. Target: One Nearby Ally that hits an ally I can see with an attack. Effect: Add Charisma Mod to the damage dice, then on my next turn gain +2 to melee attacks against the enemy.

Basic Tactical Strike: Quick Action, Recharge 11+ after battle. Target; One Nearby Ally. Effect: Target can make a basic attack as a Free Action with bonus damage equal to Charisma Modifier.

Just Stay Calm: Quick Action, Recharge 16+ after Battle. Effect: Decrease the Escalation die by 1, then 1d3 of nearby allies can heal using a recovery.

Swordwork; Free Action when the Escalation die is 4+. Recharge 16+ after battle. Effect: Make a Basic Melee Attack as a quick action once each turn until the end of the battle. I can't gain command points using Swordwork attacks.

Deadly Assault; Flexible Melee Attack, Any Natural Even Hit. Reroll 1s and 2s on the damage roll, can't reroll again.

Tell me what you think. Also I'm not sure where the Discord is.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 17, 2016

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

Tell me what you think. Also I'm not sure where the Discord is.

I don't think we have one yet. I've read the 13th Age rules ages ago before I was in a 4E game and just quickly skimmed them yesterday. Anything in particular I might need to remember or should take a look at?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Cerepol posted:

I don't think we have one yet. I've read the 13th Age rules ages ago before I was in a 4E game and just quickly skimmed them yesterday. Anything in particular I might need to remember or should take a look at?

Uh, I think my sheet is legal. Mostly worried about having accidentally forgotten to change something, I think. Your sheet looks good too but have you figured out feats and powers yet?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

Uh, I think my sheet is legal. Mostly worried about having accidentally forgotten to change something, I think. Your sheet looks good too but have you figured out feats and powers yet?

Sorry I'm a bad poster those are two separate thoughts. I blame phones tbqh.

Feats I'll looking at and should have later tonight.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
First session is next week's Saturday, sorry about that. Almost forgot I had someone's birthday to attend.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Just to clarify, what is the Discord for this? Or the R20? Or has it not been set up? I'm not aware of any general TG discord or anything.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Cerepol posted:

Fixed it up a bit.

Just quoting to show I updated.

And to ask; XBows have -1 and Bows -2 for my heavy category.
I assume the range will stay as Nearby targets only due to shear weight.
Ruling?

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Cerepol posted:

Just quoting to show I updated.

And to ask; XBows have -1 and Bows -2 for my heavy category.
I assume the range will stay as Nearby targets only due to shear weight.
Ruling?

Heavy throwing will be -2, same as heavy bows.

Anyways, click on that link if you're in the game. I'll give y'all the Discord link when we start. First game's at 7 EST tonight.

https://app.roll20.net/join/1524979/-5iRjg

• Locked thread