Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

illcendiary posted:

Sometimes I forget that Steve Francis *started* three straight All-Star games. Early 2000s NBA was weird.

Steve Francis was the most athletic "short" player I've ever seen other than AI.

Some of the sickest dunks ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

NickRoweFillea posted:

SportsVU stats on The Block:

Lebron covered 76.0 feet in 3.92 seconds. His highest average speed during the chasedown was 16.8 miles per hour. The ball height was at 11.2 feet.

What does highest average speed mean? Averaged over what?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

euphronius posted:

Festus Ezeli in crunch time of game 7

I swore people were calling for Festus earlier in the playoffs..

Even verajoa made some plays in earlier games, but everyone jumps on him for earning some minutes due to his earlier hustle plays.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Lockback posted:

People falling over themselves to poo poo on Kerr shouldn't surprise me as much as it does.

I've seen a surprising amount of criticism based on how he played Varejao and Ezeli for extended minutes which to me seems odd because he was forced to do it with Bogut out ?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I can't wait to see the I'M COMING HOME video for Dwight in the Staples Center. Hopefully D'Angelo doesn't snitch out his d-low chris hansen poo poo.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Spacebump posted:

I think I've seen almost everyone involved in this Finals being poo poo on already. The world is full of joyless people.

Pretty much. The Warriors have won 140 regular season games and 1 title over the past two season, yet all of this is now meaningless because they lost the finals, after seven games, by a total of 4 points? Kerr is bad, Curry shook, Klay's a bitch, Dray is, well, Dray, and so, in conclusion: shut it down. Shut it all down. Lots of incredible hot takes out there right now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cruel and Unusual posted:

What does highest average speed mean? Averaged over what?

Do you want the speed formula? What exactly are you asking for?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

quote:

Just to be clear, you are saying you never used drugs?

Hell loving no. Have I rolled a blunt or rolled some whiteboys up? Hell yeah.

the straight up brolic story

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Jack's Flow posted:

Pretty much. The Warriors have won 140 regular season games and 1 title over the past two season, yet all of this is now meaningless because they lost the finals, after seven games, by a total of 4 points? Kerr is bad, Curry shook, Klay's a bitch, Dray is, well, Dray, and so, in conclusion: shut it down. Shut it all down. Lots of incredible hot takes out there right now.

Agreed. Blow up the good for nothing fraudulent Warriors.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

the straight up brolic story

:laffo:

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Jack's Flow posted:

It's too soon now, but I'm really curious to see how this team is viewed in like 10 or 20 years, especially if they don't end up winning another title with the Splash Brothers there. It's very possible nobody will come close to their records except maybe the home win streak.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
What sort of hosed up strain of weed turns you into the bad guy from raiders of the lost ark

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Jack's Flow posted:

Kerr is bad, Curry shook, Klay's a bitch, Dray is, well, Dray, and so, in conclusion: shut it down. Shut it all down.

:yeah:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

EvanTH posted:

I've seen a surprising amount of criticism based on how he played Varejao and Ezeli for extended minutes which to me seems odd because he was forced to do it with Bogut out ?

Yep. Ezeli played 10 minutes and Varejao 8. Cleveland was looking to back down any defender they had advantage on. Trying to play more Brandon Rush or whatever would have been even worse.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Metapod posted:

Define highest average speed and explain how it is different than just average speed.

I think that's what he is asking.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If last season was the fraud season and this one was the shook season, what will the next one be?

Have the Varejão sleeper agent conspiracies started popping up

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

MourningView posted:

What sort of hosed up strain of weed turns you into the bad guy from raiders of the lost ark

Krokodil-laced weed.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The sleeper agent was actually Kerr, Jordan signed a blood oath with every 96 Bulls player that would make them sabotage any potentially better teams they were later involved in.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MourningView posted:

Generational Talent

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
http://warriors.247sports.com/Bolt/Draymond-Green-appears-to-kick-Kyrie-Irving-at-the-end-of-Game-7-45914289

Oh Draymond...

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

illcendiary posted:

Sometimes I forget that Steve Francis *started* three straight All-Star games. Early 2000s NBA was weird.
You remind me, he's in this 1999 draft document I found a week ago

http://www.basslinespin.com/nbadraftreport.htm

quote:

Steve Francis - Maryland. 6'3" 200. Explosive off the dribble! Plays with a Van Exel-like offensive aggression. He isn't a pure point but he is all-basketball player. In college, he got to the basket with ease, penetrating at will. He averaged nearly five free throw attempts per game at Maryland, and converted at a 78% clip. When a defense lies off him, he can hit the deep shot (39% last season from 3pt-range). He doesn't always finish plays because his shot selection is still a bit suspect. He showboats. He has great quickness, and outstanding leaping ability. He is willing to D up. He will excite the crowd with flashy passes and plays, and he will dunk on many. His crossover dribble is a certified ankle-buster. Shooting and shot selection will be the issues for Francis - but with his ability and strong will, he'll more than make up for a couple questionable plays per game.

He's pretty accurate about all the top prospects

quote:

Jonathan Bender. High School. Mobile, agile and quick. Young, and raw. A gifted athlete. He shot 85% from the free throw line in high school. Goes to the offensive glass with natural instinct. Nice outside shooting touch to go with slender 6'11" 200 lb. Frame. He's a 6'11" small forward with deep range and the kind of leaping ability that allows him to jump over people! Might take a while to develop but should be well worth the wait.
Was Jonathan Bender like A good Skal Labissiere? I have no memory of him

quote:

Ron Artest - St. John's. 6'6" 235. A versatile performer, who at 6'6" 235 can run a team with his leadership skills, and unselfish play. He'll stuff a stat sheet like Danny Manning. Passing, scoring, and hitting the boards. He plays with perfect basketball posture, and with passion. He is not a great shooter. He hits threes at a 38% clip. What he does best is get his teammates involved. He averaged 4.3 assists last season (St. John's point guard Erick Barkley averaged 4.5 assists). I see him as a team-guy that in the near future will be a valuable asset to any squad.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Those are pretty accurate. Even Artest was true for a while until he fell in love with shooting.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Does anyone know the name of the doctor who did Steve Kerr's surgery and more importantly WHERE IS HE FROM

Also if anybody is fiending for sport of any kind, the Greatest Non-LeBron Athlete On The Planet (Lionel Messi) is currently participating in the group stomping of Team America, live stream available here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJu2qSJ9zno

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 22, 2016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ezeli was in the game to get demolished on switches to Lebron for two 3 point plays.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

Bender was supposed to be more like the Kevin Durant prototype but his knees exploded.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

EvanTH posted:

Does anyone know the name of the doctor who did Steve Kerr's surgery and more importantly WHERE IS HE FROM

Also if anybody is fiending for sport of any kind, the Greatest Non-LeBron Athlete On The Planet (Lionel Messi) is currently participating in the group stomping of Team America, live stream available here:

What if LeBron had decided to play soccer as a kid

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What if LeBron had decided to play soccer as a kid

Ocho A Cero.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EvanTH posted:

He's already pooped all over us

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Henchman of Santa posted:

He's already pooped all over us

Hah it was SICK Plenty of NBA GDT regulars watchin' over here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777641

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Metapod posted:

Highest speed is fine, average speed is fine, but highest average speed doesn't make sense.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Are we getting all physicsy Zeno's Arrow and Instantaneous Velocity or was it just a problem with word-choice

Highest Average Speed Over Any Given .01 Second Increment or whatever the limits of the measuring device are?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

MV's Durant comparison is spot on. He was billed as having a handle like a guard and the ability to be a playmaker on the perimeter.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

MV's Durant comparison is spot on. He was billed as having a handle like a guard and the ability to be a playmaker on the perimeter.

we're all rooting for his mysterious croatian nephew

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

EvanTH posted:

Are we getting all physicsy Zeno's Arrow and Instantaneous Velocity or was it just a problem with word-choice

Highest Average Speed Over Any Given .01 Second Increment or whatever the limits of the measuring device are?

I just want to know if it was his average or top speed. :(

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Maybe it's the average of all top speeds, perhaps estimated via a bootstrapped aggregation.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cruel and Unusual posted:

I just want to know if it was his average or top speed. :(

It would be his top speed

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

It would be his top speed

No, because Sports Science did a thing on the chase-down and he hit 20 mph at one point.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/745441409314893824

Want a sad rear end montage of Danny Ainge calling up teams trying to move the third pick for progressively worse veterans

"C'mon Hennigan, at least let me have Vucevic! Ya gotta help me ou-- hello? Hello???"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol I hope no one trades with him

Kibner posted:

No, because Sports Science did a thing on the chase-down and he hit 20 mph at one point.

This really is a puzzle then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They couldn't even get love tho?

• Locked thread