Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Wait I mean no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
I think a lot of these a pretty good and believe-able. Where and how do we start spreading them. I've already told a couple to some co-workers I hate but that's not going far because they are old.
I want this misinformation to really spread.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

lowtax gay

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Lowtax was originally called Lotwax because of a chronic ear condition, but he changed it after he had his ears syringed.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Ingrid E. Newkirk, President of PETA is also the majority stockholder in Tyson Foods, which is the largest producer of Broiling Chickens in the United States. They produce over 2 billion chickens per year. Newkirk supports PETA simply because its activities keep interest focused on animal-based foods, which translates into greater publicity for her company.

Girl Scout cookies contain Hashish. This explains the mad rush every year to buy them. Thin Mints contain the most.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the reason why publisher's clearinghouse is still in business is because they serve as a collection service for old people dna -- the reason why the glue on the little stamps they have you lick and include in your order is that it functions as a preservative, so that if an old person ever goes missing and they issue a grey alert, the dna on file from their address can be retrieved in the event that a body is found.

it doesn't always work, but it can provide some closure for families when it does.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cupholders are supposed to have been named for the man who invented it -- elijas copehalder, but when mr copehalder spell-checked his patent application through, it corrected it to the name we all know today.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jim davis used to work for the cia -- in the early 80s, the first panel of his daily garfield strips contained code phrases for covert agents throughout the world.

this is why they were never really that funny, and also why you can't find any of the old, old strips anymore.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the academy awards are actually made out of gold-painted plastic. they just make a big deal about them so that everyone will want one.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
area 51 is real, but it's not actually in the deserts of nevada. the real area 51 can be found in branson, missouri, as a ripley's believe-it-or-not museum.

the off-the-record reasoning behind it was explained like this: you put dangerous artifacts with a bunch of razor wire and armed guards, people are going to hurt themselves trying to get it. you put a dangerous artifact in a room full of paper mache fakes and sell some funnel cakes on the side, nobody's going to bother it because who is going to notice a genuine article in a forest of fakes?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Hillary Clinton suffered a stroke some years back which resulted in minor brain damage. She is mostly recovered, but still has problems with short term memory. Her assistant basically runs her life, makes most of her daily decisions, and basically dotes on her.

The day that black people were allowed in the Mormon Tabernacle for the first time ever, Mitt Romney was so overcome with outrage and grief that he could not drive himself home and so he sat and wept in his car. This was 1978. He has told this story in public, to OG Mormons for cred.

Donald Trump's father got Alzheimer's long before the world knew about it. In his 50s or earlier, rather than his 70s-80s. It took a while for people to piece it all together from his behavior. It's alternately possible it was some sort of heavy metal poisoning. Either way, he was not very reliable, and, as a result, Donald and his siblings were raised mostly by his father's business partners. They hushed the whole thing up in order to help preserve his legacy.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
if you leave a glass of water to sit, the light pollutants will rise to the top, while the heavy ones precipitate to the bottom, so it's healthiest to drink only the middle part of the water

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Ork of Fiction posted:

Hillary Clinton suffered a stroke some years back which resulted in minor brain damage. She is mostly recovered, but still has problems with short term memory. Her assistant basically runs her life, makes most of her daily decisions, and basically dotes on her.

The day that black people were allowed in the Mormon Tabernacle for the first time ever, Mitt Romney was so overcome with outrage and grief that he could not drive himself home and so he sat and wept in his car. This was 1978. He has told this story in public, to OG Mormons for cred.

Donald Trump's father got Alzheimer's long before the world knew about it. In his 50s or earlier, rather than his 70s-80s. It took a while for people to piece it all together from his behavior. It's alternately possible it was some sort of heavy metal poisoning. Either way, he was not very reliable, and, as a result, Donald and his siblings were raised mostly by his father's business partners. They hushed the whole thing up in order to help preserve his legacy.

i'm not allowed to say which but 2 out of 3 of these are actually true

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Windows 98 posted:

- The month of October is named for the prefix Octo, meaning eight, and the month of December is named after the prefix Deca, meaning 10. Octobor was previously the 8th month of the year and December was te 10th month of the year until 1827 when the Vatican reordered the Gregorian calendar.

You forgot about September.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

genesplicer posted:

Ingrid E. Newkirk, President of PETA is also the majority stockholder in Tyson Foods, which is the largest producer of Broiling Chickens in the United States. They produce over 2 billion chickens per year. Newkirk supports PETA simply because its activities keep interest focused on animal-based foods, which translates into greater publicity for her company.

If chickens were the size of golf balls they would cover the earth one mile high!

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Heath Ledger considered himself bi-curious before doing Brokeback Mountain, where actually trying gay stuff like making out with a hot dude convinced him he was 100% straight.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Danny DeVito first broke into show business by playing a bulldog in an alpo commercial.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Portia africana is a jumping spider native to western and central Africa. It has an incredibly advanced nervous system which allows members of its species to form social, political, and even economic systems on par with those of chimpanzees. In spring 2015, two of these spiders were observed to be "painting" on the walls of their containment unit using dirt and their own saliva. Further laser-aided examination revealed that these "drawings" shared the likeness of human beings. They are the first members of the Arachnid class of organisms to be considered for personhood status by any major country (Egypt).

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Joe Biden is afraid of heights.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Dadbod yo

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Human male semen is very good for coating the back of a throat. It's salty nature and waterproof properties help fight many a throat infection and even fights off bacteria that causes halitosis. These same properties are also excellent for warm facials as spreading the semen helps expand open pores in the face and prevent acne, old aging, and lupus.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Jason Alexander spent twenty thousand dollars on Star Citizen.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Bob James posted:

Jason Alexander spent twenty thousand dollars on Star Citizen.

He's a known gamer in Hollywood circles, which is part of the reason he doesn't act that much, anymore.

A fun fact is that he bought multiple lifetime packs for Star Trek Online in case he could crew an entire ship with his own custom characters and pumped hundred of dollars into it a month. In an interview with Star Trek Magazine, he hoped to eventually find his character from Voyager in the game at some point.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Tooth decay is not caused by consuming sugary or acidic foods, but from a sudden change in diet. As long as you eat the same thing every day, your teeth with never rot, even if you don't brush or floss.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Tooth decay is not caused by consuming sugary or acidic foods, but from a sudden change in diet. As long as you eat the same thing every day, your teeth with never rot, even if you don't brush or floss.

Oh, yeah, because your teeth gradually build up a patina-like shell thanks to constantly being exposed to the same substances as a defense. A sudden change is like pitting two incompatible pokemon against one another or something.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I was a Borg extra in a TNG episode. Prove me wrong bitches

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Gabe Newell has never ejaculated.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
white people smell like vinegar

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the late bob stewart was a creative genius when it came to game shows, but a lot of what motivated him was his love of psychology, with the theories of carl jung holding a particular fascination.

as a matter of fact, he created the $100,000 pyramid as a way to test how a person can translate the individual experience of the personal unconscious to the shared experiences of the collective unconscious and back again. we know most of the things bob stewart asked us to describe, but how can we describe them in such a way that it is recognizable to a complete stranger.

the prize money was just a bit of game theory thrown in to ensure that participants tried their best in stewart's much publicized experiments.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

There is a startling amount of evidence suggesting that Denis Leary murdered comedian Greg Giraldo. (They'd had a long standing grudge spanning most of the 2000-2010 decade after Leary's appearance on Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn). However, no judges came forward to hear the case from Giraldo's estate. It is also worth mentioning that Rupert Murdoch is Leary's uncle once removed.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Salem Saberhagen posted:

I think a lot of these a pretty good and believe-able. Where and how do we start spreading them. I've already told a couple to some co-workers I hate but that's not going far because they are old.
I want this misinformation to really spread.

Post it on Facebook. A recent study showed that over 65% of Americans consider social media postings the most trustworthy news source.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Gender is a spectrum.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

R. Budd Dwyer had left a life of hate behind him and had done well for himself in Pennsylvanian politics. Few people remembered the days that he was a member of a small KKK group in southern PA in the late 50s and early 60s. Few speak about it today, but one of his former klan buddies received a call from Budd for the first time in over 20 years on the night of January 21, 1987. Budd was complaining about the whites at the rock and roll hall of fame inducting Muddy earlier that day and continued to rant on for about 15 minutes about white men and mud races mixing and living together. His friend tried to calm him down by telling him they were foolish in their youth and that he didn't think that way. It didn't help as the next day R Budd Dwyer would take his life on live television as he did not want to live in an America where this was acceptable.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 25, 2016

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Gasoline can be made drinkable by adding ground cinnamon and maple syrup.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Glenn Beck did not kill and rape a girl in 1990.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
"Deceased" baseball star Al Cowens secretly faked his death and he now spends the last of his days in an old folk home posting with a younger persona on these forums.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
your votes get counted instead of dumped into the sea

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

25% of men are born without penises, only a pair of testicles. Go on ladies, cop a feel and see for yourself

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Did someone spread this rumor yet: Windows 98 did NOT beat and murder a young man with a shovel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Maoist Pussy posted:

Gender is a spectrum.

your mom's a spectrum

• Locked thread