Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

real_scud posted:

That's because people would pitch a fuckin fit if they couldn't pick plays and were instead forced with whatever the CPU picked.

i always really appreciated it in the ncaa games, even though it'd get annoying if you were a running back or a receiver and the coach was constantly calling plays where you weren't really involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I prefer the single play stuff too when I'm doing a player career mode, because its just really tempting to call plays that involve yourself over and over again otherwise which is dumb and "unrealistic".

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I for one love running 75 times in a game especially when I have unlimited stamina

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

real_scud posted:

That's because people would pitch a fuckin fit if they couldn't pick plays and were instead forced with whatever the CPU picked.

I'm guessing an "Here's a play, push B to go to the regular playbooks to pick your own play if you don't like it, or go to settings and change User Player Playcalls from Suggestion to Playbook to always start from the playbook" option would've been a coding nightmare, given the playcalling setup seemed to change every other year.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Pre-ordered. Probably an idiot, but I bought a PS4 recently and the last Madden I bought was Madden 13 (which was a pretty big let down, for me anyway), so figure it's time to get with modern times. Wish I could get in on the goon league action, but I just don't have the time for such things. Maybe I'll see a few of you in MUT though!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

real_scud posted:

I never got this line of logic in game development. If you don't think people would like the option so you never offer the option, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. It worked in RTG in the NCAA series really drat well, I'm not sure why it wouldn't here.

For those who haven't played NCAA or the Road to Glory mode, basically you started as a freshman backup and had to beat out your competition through challenges to earn a starting job, then after that you would slowly earn the ability to make checks at the line, flip plays, audible and call hot routes until in your late sophomore/early junior season you were completely running the offense. It worked and it owned. Why wouldn't it work just as well for Madden?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

A new glitch has been found on Madden 16. On a Hail Mary, if you take control of a WR and run him away from the play the DB's will follow him instead of playing the ball and the catch will be made by a now wide open WR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSg7alLJn18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbmPjcmhmU

I haven't tried this yet on a PS3, but then none of the glitches have worked on it so far.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
User your deep safety's, scrub!

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Even easier solution: don't play pubbies or people who think toeing the line makes them competitive

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
The Cowboys have 3 of the top 10 offensive linemen in the game. Gonna fight Havok to play as them.

E: The Cowboys are also super young outside of Romo and Witten. :negative:

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 24, 2016

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Darth Brooks posted:

A new glitch has been found on Madden 16.

edit: gently caress it

Oberst
May 24, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

edit: gently caress it

https://youtu.be/QsAs9sJEAs8

Oberst
May 24, 2010

My favorite part of that video is the back and to the left rewinds like it's the zapruder film

I imagine AF huddled in a dark room, butts piling up, run n shoot playbook pages strewn about; there was a fourth reciever....

Oberst fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 25, 2016

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

AfterFather posted:

The Cowboys have 3 of the top 10 offensive linemen in the game. Gonna fight Havok to play as them.

E: The Cowboys are also super young outside of Romo and Witten. :negative:

Yeah I want the Cowboys too. I propose a zone run contest

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Ah hell no, I have been the Cowboys going back to the 360 days. I had to suffer through like 5 years of being in the same division as Menamino and constantly getting my rear end kicked at least 2 games every season. I paid my dues for the Cowboys dammmnnn it.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I cant bring myself to play as the other NFC East Teams... maybe if I move the Redskins or something.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Havoc904 posted:

Ah hell no, I have been the Cowboys going back to the 360 days. I had to suffer through like 5 years of being in the same division as Menamino and constantly getting my rear end kicked at least 2 games every season. I paid my dues for the Cowboys dammmnnn it.
Things are sometimes better on paper than they are in reality :viggo:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

AfterFather posted:

I cant bring myself to play as the other NFC East Teams... maybe if I move the Redskins or something.

Panthers in SASFL. Cam + run n shoot

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Can someone make a list of who has which teams reserved for the PS4 league?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Bonham posted:

Can someone make a list of who has which teams reserved for the PS4 league?

NFC:
Dallas Cowboys - Havoc904
New York Giants - davecrazy (?)
Minnesota Vikings - Dubious

AFC:
New England Patriots - flickmaker (?)
Oakland Raiders - Paperback Writer
Baltimore Ravens - Oberst

I have no idea on which team I want.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Oh poo poo it's that time of year :justpost::justpost:

AFCE
Bills
Dolfs FG
Jets
Pats flick

AFCN
Bengals
Browns
Steelers
Ravens Oberst

AFCS
Colts
Jags Bonham
Texans
Titans

AFCW
Broncos
Chargers
Chiefs
Raiders Paperback

NFCE
Boys Havoc
Eagles
Giants dave
Skins santheb? Come home

NFCN
Bears goob
Lions Megatron Poster?
Pack
Vikes Dubs

NFCS
Bucs
Falcons
Panthers AF!!!!
Saints

NFCW
Cards shortthug?
9ers
Hawks Hopterque
Rams

Oberst fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 29, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Gimme them Seahawks.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I see PS4 league hype is in full swing.

Are you fuckers already clamoring for the thread?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I want to do a complete rebuild of the 49ers but I might run with the Panthers due to their stacked defense. It's gonna be tough to turn that offense into a Run and Shoot offense.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AfterFather posted:

I want to do a complete rebuild of the 49ers but I might run with the Panthers due to their stacked defense. It's gonna be tough to turn that offense into a Run and Shoot offense.

Have the best of both worlds and be the Rams

Oberst
May 24, 2010

AfterFather posted:

Trade me Greg olsen. Bam problem solved

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

Oberst posted:

Oh poo poo it's that time of year :justpost::justpost:

NFCN
Bears shortthug/goob?
Lions Megatron Poster?
Pack
Vikes Dubs

I'll take the Bears again

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Gimme dem Jags

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I need coins to do these last few sets in 16 to get the 17 MUT player. :(

I'll take the Giants in the leauge. I doubt they fixed O-line/D-line interaction, but we'll see.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

I need coins to do these last few sets in 16 to get the 17 MUT player. :(

I'll take the Giants in the leauge. I doubt they fixed O-line/D-line interaction, but we'll see.

i spent my coins on the rookies i wanted last night, how many do you need? I've got about a million left

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubious posted:

i spent my coins on the rookies i wanted last night, how many do you need? I've got about a million left

I have a few pieces for the browns WR and about 50k to my name.

160k for the gold players
100-150k for the collectable peices
180k for the two wildcard draft elites

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i can hook you up. go put some piece of crap card on the AH

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm out for the night. I'll do it when I get home tomorrow morning.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Gaaahh they haven't fixed [insert issue with madden that's existed since time immemorial]??? I guess I'll play....such a chore to play the best game mode with all my friends cucks...*continues to plays pubbies well into July while losing tenuous grip on reality*

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubs, how much you want to spot me? I'll kick you over some MHC for the trouble.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Dubs, how much you want to spot me? I'll kick you over some MHC for the trouble.

i've got 900k and i'm done with the game and ready for M17, so don't worry about sending anything over my way.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubious posted:

i've got 900k and i'm done with the game and ready for M17, so don't worry about sending anything over my way.

That ones mine. Bruce Smith UL Rookie edition, 81 OVR

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 30, 2016

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

That ones mine. Bruce Smith UL Rookie edition, 81 OVR

i just snagged it. let me know what rookies you end up with!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubious posted:

i just snagged it. let me know what rookies you end up with!

I finished Tunsil and the Brows WR. I had a few pieces for both. I'm going to try and sell some MHC and get that other o linemen and the 3-4 DE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

I finished Tunsil and the Brows WR. I had a few pieces for both. I'm going to try and sell some MHC and get that other o linemen and the 3-4 DE.

lol you already have like 3/4 of a team in MUT 17 already :v:

• Locked thread